The simFlight Network Forums

I did all and no AI is shown

Hello! I'm Andrea, I'm new here and have a problem. No AI in all airports (tried some).

I read the manual and FAQ, checked for previous traffic and renamed the relative BGL files to another extension, so here is my traffic_shedules.txt:

List of AI traffic schedules

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Mytrafficmil.bgl

As you can see there is nothing except of mytraffic.

I modified the cfgs, activated the scenery in the library, removed and regenerated the AI traffic, each time fsx recognized it by loading new files at startup, but no AI...

Traffic slide in options are at 100%

Please help!

My configuration is almost basic,

FSX + accel

win7 64bit

just few free sceneries with no ai included, aerosoft munich with its ai disabled.

some planes.

GEX, FEX, UTX europe.

Thanks for any kind of help!

Hello! I'm Andrea, I'm new here and have a problem. No AI in all airports (tried some).

I read the manual and FAQ, checked for previous traffic and renamed the relative BGL files to another extension, so here is my traffic_shedules.txt:

As you can see there is nothing except of mytraffic.

I modified the cfgs, activated the scenery in the library, removed and regenerated the AI traffic, each time fsx recognized it by loading new files at startup, but no AI...

Traffic slide in options are at 100%

Please help!

My configuration is almost basic,

FSX + accel

win7 64bit

just few free sceneries with no ai included, aerosoft munich with its ai disabled.

some planes.

GEX, FEX, UTX europe.

Thanks for any kind of help!

The files should be in MyTraffic\scenery to be used, and according to your list there are none. Either you removed them, or they could not be created due to insufficient user rights. The size of these files should be more than 100MB the four together.

I recommend you ensure to have full control over the MyTraffic folder, then run runonce.bat again, the schedules should get created immediately, ther is no need to modify anything but the FSX.cfg addition through the Communicator and the addition of the MyTraffic as scenery.

In some cases I recommend to switch off the user access control during any software installation, this can cause problems and is only usefull when you are brwsing online in unknown areas of the net, if at all.

Please keep me updated if thsi helps, if not please come back and we can try the next round...

Well, I've not checked the entire path, you have right! The bgls listed are not in the scenery folder. I will check it and recompile again.

About rights on my computer, I run it as administrator and windows UAC is disabled.

I will follow your steps and report back

Thank!

Strange:

More than 100mb of bgls are in my traffic folder (as the checker found)

57745262.jpg

and about 200kb are present in the scenery folder...

28024494.jpg

I will try the batch, but if doesn't work I think I will try to manually move the files.

But it is strange that the program compiles files not in the right folder.

Stay tuned!

I ran runonce.bat, it repeated the same procedure of the first run, of the rebuild command, and no big bgl files in the scenery folder, all remained the same.

I tried to load some logs in the folder, I found that a lot of problems are related to the MT_Plans folder. I checked the subfolders (1970, 2010 and so on) and they are all empty.

I think that this can be the problem. Maybe? I think I will try to reinstall again, but it is a bit strange.:cry:

Ok, finally I got it working.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled.Started FSX without errors and with traffic.

Then I closed FSX and configured 2010 traffic (dx10) and historical flights, traffic loads and works but I have few duplicated names error. I will fix them tomorrow!

:grin:

Ok, finally I got it working.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled.Started FSX without errors and with traffic.

Then I closed FSX and configured 2010 traffic (dx10) and historical flights, traffic loads and works but I have few duplicated names error. I will fix them tomorrow!

:grin:

Under Windows 7, the administrator of a computer does not have full control rights by default.

MyTraffic works out of the box as it comes, you can always just delete the MyTraffic folder and then install it again. The schedule bgls get created in the last minutes of the installation.

In what you show there are many strange things, as example the scenery folder in a new installation contains 2200 files approx, not just 100 KB - what you show us here looks like you only ran the incremental update from 5.3a to 5.3b? MTXUV53ab.exe or MTXUV53b.exe, not the full installer MTXV53b.exe?

Under Windows 7, the administrator of a computer does not have full control rights by default.

MyTraffic works out of the box as it comes, you can always just delete the MyTraffic folder and then install it again. The schedule bgls get created in the last minutes of the installation.

In what you show there are many strange things, as example the scenery folder in a new installation contains 2200 files approx, not just 100 KB - what you show us here looks like you only ran the incremental update from 5.3a to 5.3b? MTXUV53ab.exe or MTXUV53b.exe, not the full installer MTXV53b.exe?

Bought 5.3b on 07/07 (just past midnight), downloaded in the night, installed first time in the morning, then tried to get it working for a lot of time. Reading manual was almost clear that was an old traffic file problem, removed files with no luck.

Then I tried to find help online, finally I found that some files were missing, uninstalled and reinstalled from the same setup file and now it is working.

The only difference is that for this last installation I unpacked the compressed zip. In the first try I directly clicked on the exe file in the zip and in the zip file there are some jpg and a folder (install-dateien) but as far as I can see they seem to be part of the instructions.

My exe file is:

MTXV53b.exe

1.162.581.337 bytes, packed: 1.162.255.879 bytes.

Bought 5.3b on 07/07 (just past midnight), downloaded in the night, installed first time in the morning, then tried to get it working for a lot of time. Reading manual was almost clear that was an old traffic file problem, removed files with no luck.

Then I tried to find help online, finally I found that some files were missing, uninstalled and reinstalled from the same setup file and now it is working.

The only difference is that for this last installation I unpacked the compressed zip. In the first try I directly clicked on the exe file in the zip and in the zip file there are some jpg and a folder (install-dateien) but as far as I can see they seem to be part of the instructions.

My exe file is:

MTXV53b.exe

1.162.581.337 bytes, packed: 1.162.255.879 bytes.

Then, without doing anything, your MyTraffic\scenery folder should be 100MB+ now. Not clear why it didn't install the first time, uses to do so. I will try if running directly without unpacking can cause a problem...

Then, without doing anything, your MyTraffic\scenery folder should be 100MB+ now. Not clear why it didn't install the first time, uses to do so. I will try if running directly without unpacking can cause a problem...

I checked now that running the installer out of the archive too installes properly. I have winrar installed here. It is far slower, interesting

I never try to install anything from within a setup zip/rar file. That is looking for trouble.

What I do:

1. Create a temp folder.

2. Unzip/unpack all the files to the temp folder created.

3. Run the .exe from the temp folder.

4. Once I'm satisfied that the program runs correctly I delete the temp folder.

The only exception to the above is if the .exe is not a setup file, i.e. can run stand alone. In that case I unzip/unrar it to its own folder which I have named.

I never try to install anything from within a setup zip/rar file. That is looking for trouble.

What I do:

1. Create a temp folder.

2. Unzip/unpack all the files to the temp folder created.

3. Run the .exe from the temp folder.

4. Once I'm satisfied that the program runs correctly I delete the temp folder.

The only exception to the above is if the .exe is not a setup file, i.e. can run stand alone. In that case I unzip/unrar it to its own folder which I have named.

I too never would do so. it is a huge waste of resources to work directly out of the archive.

I use winrar, and NORMALLY if there is a setup it automatically extract all files for the setup process, then, at the end it will clear the temp files when setup is closed.

But, I've seen that files inside the zip were only jpgs and html, such installation instructions.

So I ran the exe directly and waited until it finished. It worked at the same way of the first installation, running each aircraft exe, then taking time on each long string on the batch file (compiling BLGs). Reinstalling it solved the problem. It is strange, I know, I was thinking also in my fault that deleted files, but the folders were present but empty.

Happy to see that all is working now!

PS: Solved the latest problem by removing and then recompiling traffic.

The problem returned again, I'm reinstalling right now. I must investigate about the trouble,this morning I used the editor, I used the rebuild traffic command after traffic removal, but not tested the mods, just 5 minutes ago I started FS and found no traffic, then found same issue with no bgls and so on, then I assume that the problem could be this.

I report you asap if I find the problem.

The problem returned again, I'm reinstalling right now. I must investigate about the trouble,this morning I used the editor, I used the rebuild traffic command after traffic removal, but not tested the mods, just 5 minutes ago I started FS and found no traffic, then found same issue with no bgls and so on, then I assume that the problem could be this.

Did you copy trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK folder as instructed in the manual? Otherwise you will just copy empty files.

What exactly did you do, the editor has no rebuiild traffic command. Seems you do something I never thought to be possible to be done...