The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic X

Emko747

Hi.

I just got My traffic X and I installed, when it comes to adding the area in FSX scenery library, I find the My traffic X folder and I try to press it but it just opens, I can't do anything from this point, I have tried to re-install etc. but nothing worked!

I know there are threads like this but none seem to help me at all.

I am running Win7 64 bit.

Sidenote: If i posted this in the wrong area or did something wrong in posting, please excuse me as this is my first time on this forum!

Hi.

I just got My traffic X and I installed, when it comes to adding the area in FSX scenery library, I find the My traffic X folder and I try to press it but it just opens, I can't do anything from this point, I have tried to re-install etc. but nothing worked!

I know there are threads like this but none seem to help me at all.

I am running Win7 64 bit.

Sidenote: If i posted this in the wrong area or did something wrong in posting, please excuse me as this is my first time on this forum!

You are right here, welcome. This bug of Windows 7 has been described here several times and also in detail in the documentation that comes with MyTraffic.

In brief here: ...and I installed, when it comes to adding the area in FSX scenery library, I find the My traffic X folder and I try to press it but it just opens, NOW: Just click into that window on any empty blank space, selecting nothing - it closes and all is done. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Emko 747 and when I tried your soloution it seemed to work, but then I go to Heathrow to look for traffic but there is nothing there apart from a few world of Ai delta airlines ( it's the only woai package installed ), do you have any ideas please. BTW I'm running windows 7 home premium.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Emko 747 and when I tried your soloution it seemed to work, but then I go to Heathrow to look for traffic but there is nothing there apart from a few world of Ai delta airlines ( it's the only woai package installed ), do you have any ideas please. BTW I'm running windows 7 home premium.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for delivering the solution with it. World of AI switches off any FSX traffic. Delete the WOAI schedule, then you will see MyTraffic traffic.

That was an easy one :grin:

After enjoying MTX53 for the past year, I ran into a problem when I decided I should do a "clean" re-install of my OS (Windows 7 64-bit), which would require re-installation of FSX and add-ons. After re-installing MTX53, there wasn't an AI airplane to be found anywhere. Only some fuel trucks could be seen running around. I looked up my notes from when you initially helped me (July 2010) get my MTX53 up and running. When I checked the fsx.cfg file (AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX) to make sure the line "SimObjects.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft" was included, I discovered that the fsx.cfg file was listed as an "Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration" file type. I have no idea why this happened when I re-installed FSX (yes, I had already re-installed my Office 2003). The same thing happened to the "Cameras" file in the same directory.

When I right-clicked the fsx.cfg file and selected "Open with" - WordPad, voila! Both the fsx.cfg and the Cameras.cfg changed to Type "CFG File". And, most importantly, the FSX "Add Scenery" function worked and the beautiful MTX53 AI planes appeared! :-D

Larry

After enjoying MTX53 for the past year, I ran into a problem when I decided I should do a "clean" re-install of my OS (Windows 7 64-bit), which would require re-installation of FSX and add-ons. After re-installing MTX53, there wasn't an AI airplane to be found anywhere. Only some fuel trucks could be seen running around. I looked up my notes from when you initially helped me (July 2010) get my MTX53 up and running. When I checked the fsx.cfg file (AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX) to make sure the line "SimObjects.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft" was included, I discovered that the fsx.cfg file was listed as an "Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration" file type. I have no idea why this happened when I re-installed FSX (yes, I had already re-installed my Office 2003). The same thing happened to the "Cameras" file in the same directory.

When I right-clicked the fsx.cfg file and selected "Open with" - WordPad, voila! Both the fsx.cfg and the Cameras.cfg changed to Type "CFG File". And, most importantly, the FSX "Add Scenery" function worked and the beautiful MTX53 AI planes appeared! :-D

Larry

Some applications tend to take extensions which are common as their private ones, disappointing Outlook does so. I always ignore these associations and display the full name including extensions - much easier to see what it is.

• 1 month later...