The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alemart

Help needed please.

Hello again mister renk, i am not dead (yet XD)

Well i have been busy with real life and with MyT too, i corrected all the registrations of all Argentinian airlines available on MyT and i added the missing ones, also i added most of the missing planes, added rules to the airports to have the proper airlines flying to the proper places and also i added or replaced the missing ai aircraft like the DR400, C182 and others with suitable replacements or substitutes.

Now, apparently the global autogenerated traffic adds some weird airlines flying here and there, mostly from USA, now, i understand that the "maintenance/reset pointers" feature should prevent that from happening, is there a way to manually review that?, because it is not working properly i think, also, since i could not find a way to get the Air France A340's out of SABE (and some other planes in other parts too), i decided to manually edit the flightplans after creating them and then i recompile them again, so far it is working, but maybe i am missing something, that is why i ask you if that is a proper "fix" for the issue.

So, i will report again once i have the AFCAD's ready, thanks again for your help!.

I also was offline a few days, back again, will look into the airport file.

Looking into the online data, I see GOL, ARG, LAN currently airborne with filed destination SABE, all flights from Brasil. Can it be that the following trick is usually applied by these airlines:

Aircraft always needs the 45 Minutes spare fuel, + 5% of what is expected to be needed. Filing for SABE instead of SAEZ spares 20 miles=100 liter of fuel - and then they fly alternate to SAEZ - at the point they go alternate they always still have enough spare fuel - but they can carry 70kg more cargo or save a few liter of fuel per flight by taking fewer reserves.

Air France is known to do this frequently to file Bordeaux instead of Paris, maybe for some flight they do it for SABE instead of SAEZ, on an A340 this should allow 140kg more cargo=4000€ more income per flight.

I will look into SABE in bigger detail for version 5.4 . Looks like an very special case...

I also was offline a few days, back again, will look into the airport file.

Looking into the online data, I see GOL, ARG, LAN currently airborne with filed destination SABE, all flights from Brasil. Can it be that the following trick is usually applied by these airlines:

Aircraft always needs the 45 Minutes spare fuel, + 5% of what is expected to be needed. Filing for SABE instead of SAEZ spares 20 miles=100 liter of fuel - and then they fly alternate to SAEZ - at the point they go alternate they always still have enough spare fuel - but they can carry 70kg more cargo or save a few liter of fuel per flight by taking fewer reserves.

Air France is known to do this frequently to file Bordeaux instead of Paris, maybe for some flight they do it for SABE instead of SAEZ, on an A340 this should allow 140kg more cargo=4000€ more income per flight.

I will look into SABE in bigger detail for version 5.4 . Looks like an very special case...

Well certainly looks like a good case, i can assure you that SABE is a "special case", also, no foreign airlines can fly in or out of SABE except for Uruguayan airlines, and some special cases that require to be authorized by the government (like a special flight from a foreign minister or something, sanitary flights and stuff like that), you can check for yourself that SABE facilities are very modern and so, but there is no way that they could handle A330/A340/767/747.

I have noticed that, in order not to see "odd" planes in airports in countries where they do not belong, i would had to edit all airline planes registration per registration to disable the "use in automatic generated traffic", that is a titanical task! O_O, do you have some trick to speed that up?, maybe a script or some app?, i would like to request also a feature to allow this to happen on coming versions of this software, maybe also an option to set something like "never use in auto traffic/use only on airline country" too.

Well certainly looks like a good case, i can assure you that SABE is a "special case", also, no foreign airlines can fly in or out of SABE except for Uruguayan airlines, and some special cases that require to be authorized by the government (like a special flight from a foreign minister or something, sanitary flights and stuff like that), you can check for yourself that SABE facilities are very modern and so, but there is no way that they could handle A330/A340/767/747.

I have noticed that, in order not to see "odd" planes in airports in countries where they do not belong, i would had to edit all airline planes registration per registration to disable the "use in automatic generated traffic", that is a titanical task! O_O, do you have some trick to speed that up?, maybe a script or some app?, i would like to request also a feature to allow this to happen on coming versions of this software, maybe also an option to set something like "never use in auto traffic/use only on airline country" too.

Well, you can export the airplane files, then they are ASCI fixed format text, make what you want and import them again, using the replace option...

No airliner is in the random schedule selection, that is GA only.

There is one problem, though. Users require a lot of action on every airport, if nothing happens in 5 minutes they ask for support that something is broken. This even on airports which have 5 movements per day in real life. For these, many additional connections have to be invented, as meaningful as possible. 90% of the users prefer an airline to fly into an airport that doesn't so currently over dead airfields - the rest can pull the density slider down to 20% where no autoschedule remains, only pure online data flights.

So you see, all you need is there.

Well, you can export the airplane files, then they are ASCI fixed format text, make what you want and import them again, using the replace option...

No airliner is in the random schedule selection, that is GA only.

There is one problem, though. Users require a lot of action on every airport, if nothing happens in 5 minutes they ask for support that something is broken. This even on airports which have 5 movements per day in real life. For these, many additional connections have to be invented, as meaningful as possible. 90% of the users prefer an airline to fly into an airport that doesn't so currently over dead airfields - the rest can pull the density slider down to 20% where no autoschedule remains, only pure online data flights.

So you see, all you need is there.

But, i like the GA and "BizJet" traffic, i do not want to loose that.

You are right!, no airliner is assigned to auto traffic, but then, why are they appearing where they should not?, regarding the traffic, i always check the schedules, i do not go and sit on FSX waiting for them to appear (of course, i will do that once the traffic is "how i want it to be").

But, i like the GA and "BizJet" traffic, i do not want to loose that.

You are right!, no airliner is assigned to auto traffic, but then, why are they appearing where they should not?, regarding the traffic, i always check the schedules, i do not go and sit on FSX waiting for them to appear (of course, i will do that once the traffic is "how i want it to be").

You can run the autoschedule, prefered schedule and global schedule indepently. While Autoschedule deletes all those schedules and then places every aircraft that is registered once, the both others add to what you have, this alone allows a lot of fine tuning. The rest is airport design - give it no gates and you get no airliners, and you even can change these numbers in the editor without importing data :idea: :?:

You can run the autoschedule, prefered schedule and global schedule indepently. While Autoschedule deletes all those schedules and then places every aircraft that is registered once, the both others add to what you have, this alone allows a lot of fine tuning. The rest is airport design - give it no gates and you get no airliners, and you even can change these numbers in the editor without importing data :idea: :?:

Well that is no good, you can not edit every airport in FSX to suit that because it would not be realistic, and it would be just unbearable hard O_O, this program has a HUGE potential, it is very good and i am happy to had bought it, but i think that it is still missing some features.

Well that is no good, you can not edit every airport in FSX to suit that because it would not be realistic, and it would be just unbearable hard O_O, this program has a HUGE potential, it is very good and i am happy to had bought it, but i think that it is still missing some features.

I don'r understand, this is a standard since 7 years now every addon airport designer follows. Gates mean airliners. You or MS or somebody else or I program it, you get it. You do not like it on a particular airport, so you edit just this. You just need to get to a higher abstraction layer.

Nono, i know that, even tough it is not like that for real, i am talking about having more control of the way the scheduling is plotted, because it is too "tied" to a single model and it should be more flexible, there should be more ways of adjusting it, it is easy for a normal user, but it is not too much flexible if you want to mix "modes".

Would this be caused by a "country" problem for instance I downloaded and installed some AFCAD bgls for "Italia" as airport title in airport properties

Dave Butler

Started with it now, also get the same crash, have to investigate in detail using the code debugger to find where it dies...

Would this be caused by a "country" problem for instance I downloaded and installed some AFCAD bgls for "Italia" as airport title in airport properties

Dave Butler

Found it now. There are three airports in the file with an ICAO that is five characters long, IRGMR and the two following. ICAOs never have 5 character. Just cut these airports out of the file and it works on my side, they have no AI parkings anyways.