The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Driver and Windows 7

Hi Peter,

I have loaded Win 7 and using the latest PFC Driver a FSUIPC.

I also have the PFC Jetliner console and yoke runnign through the com port.

There are a few issues I am having as follows:

1) The PFC driver setup screen is partly cutoff on the windows popup in that its like the bottom and right hand side have been lopped off which means you can't set up the PFC hardware options.

2) I have this annoying issue with the speed brake in that you cant put them fully down and have to use the keyboard. The output numbers will not go to zero so the speed brakes can not be stowed unless you use a keyboard command.

3) Every 20 minutes or so I loose all commincation with the console and all the various buttons and axises just jump all over the place.

Do you think this is software related or hardware related?

regards

Steve

1) The PFC driver setup screen is partly cutoff on the windows popup in that its like the bottom and right hand side have been lopped off which means you can't set up the PFC hardware options.

That sounds like an old version, which, like old versions of FSUIPC, had such problems when certain video Drivers installed Windows DLLs which were not compatible with the standard system font. The font metrics mismatched, causing one part of the Windows dialogue drawing code to use a different size to another. I found a work-around for that long ago -- otherwise it's a video driver or Windows reinstall job..

2) I have this annoying issue with the speed brake in that you cant put them fully down and have to use the keyboard. The output numbers will not go to zero so the speed brakes can not be stowed unless you use a keyboard command.

You are not calibrating the throttles correctly then. You must ALWAYS define a small unused zone at either extreme to allow for readout differences.

3) Every 20 minutes or so I loose all commincation with the console and all the various buttons and axises just jump all over the place.

That is either a hardware problem, or a USB serial port adapter problem. i had similar results with some of the cheaper USB serial port adapters and eventually invested in a BrainBoxes serial port PCI card. I've had no such problems ever since. Before that I tried a number of different adapters -- the really cheap ones are almost useless. There really is nothing as good ass a genuine serial port.

Please always quote actual version numbers, both of FSUIPC and the PFC driver. As it is I've no idea whether you are even using FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC2 or PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL. The numbers are easy to find, please quote them.

Pete

• Upvote 1