The simFlight Network Forums
conao

Any issues with Win7/64?

Hi guys,

I've been away from flightsim for almost a couple years, but I'm back now with my new i7 rig.

I bought the upgrade to MyTrafficX 5.3 but would like to know if there's any known issue or tricks in Win7/64 before I start installation.

Thanks for any help!

Marconi

Hi guys,

I've been away from flightsim for almost a couple years, but I'm back now with my new i7 rig.

I bought the upgrade to MyTrafficX 5.3 but would like to know if there's any known issue or tricks in Win7/64 before I start installation.

Thanks for any help!

Marconi

If you haven't installed FSX yet I recommend not installing in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder. Install FSX in a folder you create instead.

That will help eliminate user permissions problems. I do that for any programs I install if given the choice.

For MTX the install should be pretty straight forward. It will take some time to unpack all the files.

Remember you will need to have either the FSX deluxe or FSX gold edition to make full use of the editor.

Mike

There's also the known issue of adding scenery areas to FSX in Windows 7, which you'll probably hit if you don't know about it.

When you press "Add", rather than just adding the scenery, it seems to go into the scenery folder and do nothing else. Don't worry about it, simply right click anywhere in the white space of the central window and the scenery will be added. Nope, no-one knows why, but it works!

Cheers,

ian P.

Thanks for the tips guys!

I've already installed FSX, but luckly in a separate folder. I do the same for all FS stuff such as add-ons too, mostly to make backing it up easier... but it works for the rights thing too.

Good to refresh about the scenery addtion issue. I had already read it in the past, but I always forget what one should do. I guess I'll learn when I start doing it.

Thanks again!

Marconi

Yeah, Burkhard told me the same thing... Not sure why only right clicking works on mine, but that's the case. :rolleyes:

Ian P.

Yeah, Burkhard told me the same thing... Not sure why only right clicking works on mine, but that's the case. :rolleyes:

Ian P.

Thanks guys for helping, I'm half offline until Sunday.