The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnty

ISD LIRF

Hi Volker/Sascha,

same old problem again :-).

To get LIRF AES working properly, I D/L the 2007 gate fix. This fixed AES. But when I ran the FSC DBMngr to update the database, I ended up with the map view displaying all the ILS's, whereas the Airport display does not.

I have fixed this same problem with other AFCADS by removing them from the Airport scenery folder and placing them in the Addon Scenery folder, but that move did not work in this instance.

I cannot understand why it keeps selecting LIRF_Object.bgl and not the AF2 file, even when both are in the same folder.

OS Win7

DBMng V9,0 Build 01-01-2011

FSC V9.0 BUILD 01-03-2011

fsuipc v3.99

Wideserver v6.78

FSC and DBMngr on Vista machine

FSC Aerosoft version

Many Regards JohnT

post-11330-0-59916500-1312463340_thumb.j

post-11330-0-34638900-1312463354_thumb.j

Hi Volker/Sascha,

same old problem again :-).

To get LIRF AES working properly, I D/L the 2007 gate fix. This fixed AES. But when I ran the FSC DBMngr to update the database, I ended up with the map view displaying all the ILS's, whereas the Airport display does not.

I have fixed this same problem with other AFCADS by removing them from the Airport scenery folder and placing them in the Addon Scenery folder, but that move did not work in this instance.

I cannot understand why it keeps selecting LIRF_Object.bgl and not the AF2 file, even when both are in the same folder.

Many Regards JohnT

Hi JohnT,

I have no answer to your problem. Please try this workaround.

Rename the file LIRF-object.BGL (for example) to LIRF_object.TEMP.

Start the database manager and check and post the result.

If this fails, move the AF_LIRF* file into the folder drive:\Your flight simulator\Addon Scenery\scenery\

and restart the database manager. Check and post the result again.

Regards,

Volker

Hi JohnT,

I have no answer to your problem. Please try this workaround.

Rename the file LIRF-object.BGL (for example) to LIRF_object.TEMP.

Start the database manager and check and post the result.

If this fails, move the AF_LIRF* file into the folder drive:\Your flight simulator\Addon Scenery\scenery\

and restart the database manager. Check and post the result again.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

as you can see from the original post, I have already tried your last suggestion, ie Addon scenery\scenery.

It's getting late now will try your first option to-morrow.

I have found another problem to-night, displayed Jet airways in Canada are showing (18000 - unlmtd) and no airway Names.

This came to my notice when I had FSC plan a flight from KSEA - CYEG @ 33000 ft using Jet Airways. This was then exported to FSim and PMDG.

When I started the flight I found I was deviating to the left of the course as displayed on FSC.

The flight plan was, as shown in the attachment, note the route goes direct from IWACK to YRM and does not follow any airway. Also as the airways are not named, i.e (J503)I cannot tell which one it is supposed to follow.

Not a good day :-)

Regards JohnT

post-11330-0-87529300-1312764400_thumb.j

Hi Volker,

did as suggested - renamed the LIRF_Object.bgl to LIRF_Object.BU.

This time the airport map shows it using the correct bgl, albeit as before not all of the ILS's are listed e.g 34L.

Please note as in my post last night, none of the airway Names are being shown. So it is not only Canadian airspace has this problem.

Many Regards JohnT

post-11330-0-27758500-1312796612_thumb.j

post-11330-0-19019500-1312796634_thumb.j

Hi Volker,

did as suggested - renamed the LIRF_Object.bgl to LIRF_Object.BU.

This time the airport map shows it using the correct bgl, albeit as before not all of the ILS's are listed e.g 34L.

Please note as in my post last night, none of the airway Names are being shown. So it is not only Canadian airspace has this problem.

Many Regards JohnT

Hi JohnT,

1. Please send me the 2 files: AF2_LIRF*.BGL and AF2_LIRF LIRF_Object.bgl to my e-mail address. which You can find at the bottom of our homepage.

2. To display the name of the Airways and other Items, turn the button "ICAO" in the button toolbar to "ON"!!!

Regards,

Volker

Hi JohnT,

1. Please send me the 2 files: AF2_LIRF*.BGL and AF2_LIRF LIRF_Object.bgl to my e-mail address. which You can find at the bottom of our homepage.

2. To display the name of the Airways and other Items, turn the button "ICAO" in the button toolbar to "ON"!!!

Regards,

Volker

On their way :-)

Regards JohnT

Hi all,

if anyone was following this thread.

Volker has resolved the problem, it was as usual the AFCAD. The one I was using was the one that updates the Gate Nos from Alpha Numeric to all Numeric. If using AFX or AFCAD2.2 and you view the runways list, there is a lot of 980 mtr runways listed, which don't exist in reality. Re-installed an earlier AFCAD, ran the DBMNGR and all is OK now. But in order for AES and FSim to have the same gate Nos, I've removed the extra runways from the list - renamed the ealier AFCAD ...._FSC.BU -re-installed the all Numeric AFCAD. Just got to remember to enable the _FSC.BU and dis-enable the Numeric prior to running the DBMNGR again.

Rergards JohnT