The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC to operate a UCP

Modern fighters enter data into the aircraft's flight computers using a Up Front Control Panel (UCP). It is similar to the CDU/FMC used by airlines and corporate jets. I have a T-38C cockpit which is 95% finished. The only major item left to build is the UCP.

Building it isn't the issue, it is getting the UCP to enter frequencies, headings, etc. by the use of punching keys, which enter data into a buffer that is fed to FSX when the Enter, COM, etc button is pressed. I cannot turn an encoder to change the frequencies or heading, etc. I want to hit 121.5 then enter and the COM goes to 121.5.

Does anyone know if this can be done using FSUIPC? Can FSUIPC handle the buffering of the data? I have Opencockpits' cards including their Xkeys card. I have Leo Bondar's card and just ordered a Pokey55T with which to play around. Any of these cards can be used to send key signal to FSX. I need to figure a way to get FSX to accept an entire freq. or heading or altitude input.

John

Someone made a LUA script over at the AVSIM forums to allow frequency changing via the number pad on a keyboard, the username of the creator was DAZZ (I think) that should be enough info to allow you to find the post and script, that should be adaptable for your needs I would have thought.

Someone made a LUA script over at the AVSIM forums to allow frequency changing via the number pad on a keyboard, the username of the creator was DAZZ (I think) that should be enough info to allow you to find the post and script, that should be adaptable for your needs I would have thought.

Thank you Andy. I will check out AVSIM.

John