The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and switches/buttons/keypresses questions

My FSUIPC is registered (as is WideFS)and I rely on them both a lot. My technical knowledge of LUA, C++, etc. is barely measurable but I can use those goodies that others often provide. Guenseli comes immediately to mind and gets my thanks.

My questions: How are the various command options placed in FSUIPC? For example: There are lots of JS41 commands/views available via FSUIPC. How could one get similar entries for other planes (Duke B60, ERJ, Carenado C340, or others)?

I spend quite a bit of time with the JS41 and really like the options available via FSUIPC and would really like to gat the same setups for the others.

Thanks in advance for help or information.

Regards to all

Neal H

My questions: How are the various command options placed in FSUIPC? For example: There are lots of JS41 commands/views available via FSUIPC. How could one get similar entries for other planes (Duke B60, ERJ, Carenado C340, or others)?

The assignable commands in those lists are added by "Macro" files, The JS41 commands you see are only there because you placed a macro file into the FS Modules folder. FSUIPC reads all such files and adds the macro names for you. If you look in the Modules folder you should find the file responsible -- it will have a file type of .mcro. It is an ordinary text file, but in the same format as INI and CFG files, as used by both FSUIPC and FS. Read it into notepad and you'll see where those command names come from.

In the User Contributions subforum you will find lots of other examples, and maybe some to suit the other aircraft you want to use.

Regards

Pete