The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc 4.7 SAITEK CONTROLS and airbus

Hey there Pete,

Just purchased your FSUIPC, and now starting t full-up my fsx and joysticks, I have saitek throttles,yoke and rudder. I have read all the topic regarding the issues ai will expose(believe me all!!) and have set correctly the yoke,axis,throttles,spoilers,flaps and now rudder. THUS, i cannot find a way to figure out ewhen it comes to airbus,wilco, the throttles work fine if i assign each throttle(1,2,3,4) to throttle axis. i understand airbus FADEC SYSTEM etc, it reads the position and applies own n1,different from boeings and rest.COULD YOU GIVE ME A SOLUTION? if I assign at fsx other aircrafts stop benefiting from FSUIPC calibration and etc..

Topic 2: regarding the RUDDERS.. are they supposed to control aileron? (sorry for the beginner question) i assigned well,eliminated the brakes (continuos display) by assigning the right left differential toe, do you recommend any calibration specification like null zone etc? where do I alter that if so?

thanks, you can email me BMUANGALA@HOTMAIL.COM

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE HELP

THUS, i cannot find a way to figure out ewhen it comes to airbus,wilco, the throttles work fine if i assign each throttle(1,2,3,4) to throttle axis. i understand airbus FADEC SYSTEM etc, it reads the position and applies own n1,different from boeings and rest.COULD YOU GIVE ME A SOLUTION? if I assign at fsx other aircrafts stop benefiting from FSUIPC calibration and etc..

Sorry, I'm trying but I cannot work out what you are saying the problem you have is. You can assign throttles and get them working, but ... what?

Topic 2: regarding the RUDDERS.. are they supposed to control aileron?

No. The left/right axis on your joystick or yoke is aileron. The rudder controls control the rudder, for balanced turns.

eliminated the brakes (continuos display) by assigning the right left differential toe, do you recommend any calibration specification like null zone etc? where do I alter that if so?

Most toe brakes on pedals are reversed. Before calibration you must check the "REV" option, or the will only be "off" when fully pressed and "on" when released! And to get a decent null zone just follow the steps to correct calibration as ennumerated in the FSUIPC user guide.

Regards

Pete

Hey there Pete,

What I was trying to explain is that the throttles work fine for all aircraft, (fs original and add-ons) BUT WILCO AIRBUSES, They dont even move, Id like to know how to sort this out. if/when I assign to JUST THROTTLE one moves ALL FOR ENGINE and that inst what we look for ,we seak realism each engine N1 controlled by its own throttle axis, RESUMING, AIRBUS DOES NOT RECOGNISE SEPARATE THROTTLE AXIS WHAT SHOULD/CAN I DO?

Hey there Pete,

What I was trying to explain is that the throttles work fine for all aircraft, (fs original and add-ons) BUT WILCO AIRBUSES, They dont even move, Id like to know how to sort this out. if/when I assign to JUST THROTTLE one moves ALL FOR ENGINE and that inst what we look for ,we seak realism each engine N1 controlled by its own throttle axis, RESUMING, AIRBUS DOES NOT RECOGNISE SEPARATE THROTTLE AXIS WHAT SHOULD/CAN I DO?

No need to shout! ;-)

If you search the FSUIPC4 Advanced User's guide for "wilco" you'll find this section, which should help:

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No: This is a facility for the [JoystickCalibration] section(s) of the INI file, not [General]. It is a special option provided to try to cope with some different add-on practices (notably, in this case, the Wilco A320). Normally, the 4-Throttles, 4-mixtures and 4-Prop pitch calibrations result in an output with either a range which includes the reverse zone, or, if the "no reverse zone" option is checked, a range from 0 (idle) to 16383 (max). These are sent to FS using the older "????n_SET" controls (THROTTLE1_SET, etc), since these are the ones providing the reverse zone below zero. If you set the [JoystickCalibration] INI parameter UseAxisControlsForNRZ to "Yes", then the NRZ (no reverse zone) option for all three axis types will use the AXIS_????n_SET controls (e.g. AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET) instead, with a range of -16363 (idle) to +16383 (Max). This will be Aircraft or Profile-specific if you set it in the appropriate calibration section of the INI file.

Regards

Pete

Hey Pete,

No SHOUTING indeed lol, So this is what I did, went to the fsuipc modules modified the UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No to YES, then went back to the fsx, selected the wilco airbus a340-600, opened the fsuipc 4.70 at the axis bar selected each engine to be controlled by Axis Throttle set (1,2,3,4) ,saving this still does not make my throttles move, all it does is set my throttles to a position pre-set for moving, my default fsx control f2 f3 move but not my saitek throttles.Should i tick exclude Throttle Nset, or no reverse zone? am I doing something wrong? missing any calibration? Iam at this step currently,

cheers

Edited by Nicio

WOW GOT IT OUT, PLEASE JUST TEACH HOW TO save settings fot especific genre of aircraft instead of livery?thanks

Best to use Profiles in the first place -- check them out in the User guide.

For multiple liveries of the same aircraft you need to set ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring (instead of 2No") in the FSUIPC.INI file, then find all the mentions of your aircraft in section headings (like [Axes.<name of aircraft] etc) and replace the name with something short, like A320 or Wilco or whatever you need to identify the whole group.

Appropriately named Profiles would save you that.

The latest versions of FSUIPC default to Profiles, but only if folks haven't already set up aircraft specific settings.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone,

There is a topic Id like to mention and see if anyone has a sugestion.

I notice some Wilco Airbus vol 1 and the A330 form vol 2 with some faulty problems:

- Aircafts move since parking brakes are released, even if no power is applied,

-A330 from wilco airbus some times have its lcd monitors all black even with apu or external power and avionics on.

-The main problem here is SOON as engines are running throttle goes up to TOGA ,i have my saitek throttles properly functioning beacuse my a340's work fine, but not the a318,a319,a320,a321,a330.

does anyone know what is wrong?

thanks in advance

I notice some Wilco Airbus vol 1 and the A330 form vol 2 with some faulty problems:

- Aircafts move since parking brakes are released, even if no power is applied,

-A330 from wilco airbus some times have its lcd monitors all black even with apu or external power and avionics on.

-The main problem here is SOON as engines are running throttle goes up to TOGA ,i have my saitek throttles properly functioning beacuse my a340's work fine, but not the a318,a319,a320,a321,a330.

does anyone know what is wrong?

Best to post such questions in the main FSX or FS2004 forum (whichever version of FS it is you are using, as you don't say), or even better in Wilco support. Any problems specific to those aircraft and not on the defaults is likely to be a specific installation problem.

However, if you are assigning axes through FSUIPC then you might need to take note of this section in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide:

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No: This is a facility for the [JoystickCalibration] section(s) of the INI file, not [General]. It is a special option provided to try to cope with some different add-on practices (notably, in this case, the Wilco A320). Normally, the 4-Throttles, 4-mixtures and 4-Prop pitch calibrations result in an output with either a range which includes the reverse zone, or, if the "no reverse zone" option is checked, a range from 0 (idle) to 16383 (max). These are sent to FS using the older "????n_SET" controls (THROTTLE1_SET, etc), since these are the ones providing the reverse zone below zero.

If you set the [JoystickCalibration] INI parameter UseAxisControlsForNRZ to "Yes", then the NRZ (no reverse zone) option for all three axis types will use the AXIS_????n_SET controls (e.g. AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET) instead, with a range of -16363 (idle) to +16383 (Max). This will be Aircraft or Profile-specific if you set it in the appropriate calibration section of the INI file.

Regards

Pete

Hey Pete.

IAM running fsx with fsuipc 4.7 registered.

Wilco Airbuses are just crazy, or am I? engines run and they soon hit TOGA, uncontrollable, note that in calibrating my saitek throttle 1 seems flickering

I dunno if its a bug but now my a340 too seem uncontrollable with the throttles i have to hit f1 and f2 several times to reset its position, i had it figured out before all of a sudden it stopped,now i have reinstalled fsuipc and reconfigured the controles, throttles are working,will run the engines and see the reaction, the engines that are on keep moving by itself non-stop (i ticket filter in the throttle calibration) if filter is not on it just doesnt move my throttles,.if you could explain step by step id reallly apreciate and know where im going wrong,.simple... airbus throttle configuration user nzr is alreay to yes, no reverse zone is ticked

please please help here is a picture of the throttles moving

IAM running fsx with fsuipc 4.7 registered.

Download 4.731 from the Download Links subforum.

please please help here is a picture of the throttles moving

Apart from the possible problems you might have from using Filtering (now fixed in 4.731), I suspect you also have multiple conflicting assignments.

Try renaming your FSUIPC4.INI file so your settings don't get reloaded. If the throttles still do odd things you have assignments made in FSX itself still. You must NOT assign in both FSX and FSUIPC. One or the other. You can still calibrate in FSUIPC even if you don't assign there.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hey pete,having the same problems from the image,could u send me the link to FSUIPC4 update 4.731 ? i cant find de subforum download link etc.Reinstalling fsuipc thats why

4.731 has now been replaced over 20 times! You are way out of date! The current version is 4.759, and the standard download from any official site is at least 4.758. How did you ever manage to get FSUIPC in the first place? Go either to the usual www.schiratti.com/dowson site, or, even easier, the Download Links subforum here, in this Forum, which is where all my updates have been posted for years!

Pete

Hey pete installed THE 4.759 , please resume the airbus step,I can get it to move my saitek throttles but it shoots to TOGO.kinda common problem,forgot how I solve the other time,Only one Ini file so no confusion, filters are on,if off the throttles dont even move, using Throttle set and exclude throttle set is not ticked, think it would be cool if anyone just uploaded the ini for all wilco airbuses

Hey pete installed THE 4.759 , please resume the airbus step,I can get it to move my saitek throttles but it shoots to TOGO.kinda common problem,forgot how I solve the other time,Only one Ini file so no confusion, filters are on,if off the throttles dont even move, using Throttle set and exclude throttle set is not ticked, think it would be cool if anyone just uploaded the ini for all wilco airbuses

Sorry, you've lost me. Do you have a specific question?

When calibrating in FSUIPC don't use Filters unless you really do have bad or dirrty controls and/or a wonky power supply. If you are wanting no reverse zone on the throttles check that option, but also set UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes in the INI, as recommended in the manual for Wilco airbus.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pete,

New problems arround,got an nvidia gtx 460m around with graphic drivers updated, fsx keeps flickering some times and after a 14h flight....it crashed on descend..nothing good,what can i do for my video configuration? problems come when ai minimize de fsx windows or even when i switch tasks or open task manager,anythign i can do around this?

New problems arround,got an nvidia gtx 460m around with graphic drivers updated, fsx keeps flickering some times and after a 14h flight....it crashed on descend..nothing good,what can i do for my video configuration? problems come when ai minimize de fsx windows or even when i switch tasks or open task manager,anythign i can do around this?

I think you need to put this sort of question on the FSX Forum, here or over in AVSIM. It isn't a query about any of my software.

Regards

Pete