The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Wishes for new airports/ major changes

That's a valid point. I could make them to two TnG flights a week. I don't know why I don't, I just never have. :)

I still don't think that's something which MTX should do though, it's not really appropriate for the type of traffic files you supply/create.

Ian P.

Yes, my viion is living world instead of dead world... Had many more ideas, but response of users was so little to nothing. And now we have so many problems keeping all this world built for Windows XP a decade ago running in the time of Apps which have lifetimes of weeks - did anybody succeed to run GMAX under Windows 8.1?

Could you supply a chart of WMKK- Are the new installations already on Google Earth?

Dear Burkhard,

This is KLIA2 (WMKK) New Terminal Charts : http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip%20pdf%20new/AIP%20SUPP/AIPSUPP%20201410.pdf

KLIA2 Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klia2

More info : http://www.klia2.info/ http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?m=airport&aid=2

Unfortunately, still not yet in Google Earth.

I'll check often, once already in Google Earth, I'll update to you.

Thank you. 

Edited by tsanren89

It was already mentioned in another topic, I can put it onto the list, but not promise I still find the time this year.

Started on OTHH now, but that is the awfull case of an airport that is partially built into water - anybody here who has experience with it? I made this years ago, but have completely forgotten how...

You'd need to use SBuilderX or an equivalent to draw a replacement water polygon for the entire LOD square around the airport, excluding the current coastline and adding it back in as a linear object as well. I think you can do this in ADE, as well, now, but I'm not sure that will show you the LOD grid to work out how big the poly needs to be.

I forget which LOD it is that water polys sit at. It's in the SDK, or I have a tutorial for how to create scenery using SBuilderX that would explain it. It doesn't take that long, really, but it's an additional .bgl file and another thing to do on top of everything else...

Ian P.

Yes, that is what I remember too, redraw of all coast lines of bay of DOHA, includng the small islands in front of it....

Problem solved, I found a nice fitting freeware landclass bgl for it, and got the authors permission to include it - thank you very much Eric.

Dear friends, here comes a version of OTHH for FSX/P3D that satiesfies all AI needs. I know some of you love to improve airports with scenery objects, realistic Navaids, approaches etc - therefore I add the airport in ad4 format, it somebody wants to improve it you are more than welcome-

OTHH.zip

Good evening all,

I too wonder what to do with the above zip file?  Where do the files go? So far I have not purchased the new Taxi to the Gate OTHH scenery because I read about the AI/afcad problems here and on the review page on the Simmarket.  I simply do not have the expertise to sort.

Your advice and instruction would be appreciated.

Regards.

Place the content of the zip File into the MyTraffic\scenery folder. It is just a simple but rather precise addon airport.

Dear friends, here comes a version of OTHH for FSX/P3D that satiesfies all AI needs. I know some of you love to improve airports with scenery objects, realistic Navaids, approaches etc - therefore I add the airport in ad4 format, it somebody wants to improve it you are more than welcome-

Hi Burkhard,

Can you advise if the OTHH files you provided are compatible with Christophe Bouville's freeware Doha version?