The simFlight Network Forums
ZaneG

X Plane

Has there been any progress on adapting FSC for X Plane?

Hi ???,

first of all, we are waiting to version 10 because it always makes little sense to change the program to be discarded with the next build again.

Volker

Hi ???,

first of all, we are waiting to version 10 because it always makes little sense to change the program to be discarded with the next build again.

Volker

Thank You

The X-Plane 10 team we expected to open to the rest of the community, but I think we already can say they missed this chance. A program that does not have a way to add content from the professional 3D Studio world is in a niche corner. I see no way to create content for X-Plane that cannot be created 5-10 times faster for FSX, and I see no way to use anything usable in FS9,FSX, Prepar3D, or other professional Render Studios, in X-Plane 10 - sorry.

The X-Plane 10 team we expected to open to the rest of the community, but I think we already can say they missed this chance. A program that does not have a way to add content from the professional 3D Studio world is in a niche corner. I see no way to create content for X-Plane that cannot be created 5-10 times faster for FSX, and I see no way to use anything usable in FS9,FSX, Prepar3D, or other professional Render Studios, in X-Plane 10 - sorry.

Hello,

you folks must be talking about something different in the area of X-Plane. Is there some other "content" that might (or not) go with X-Plane?

I have used X-Plane (with the plug-in XPUIPC) and FSC for quite some time, works just great, both version 9.7 and the present and new

DEMO version. You must be speaking about something other than the navigation, maybe flight planning, not sure.

I am curious what the original poster was looking for regarding x-plane and FSC.

Maybe you could explain what you mean by Professional 3D studio world.

Thanks,

Chuck

Burkhard creates AI packages, neither navigation nor flight planning packages.

I'm not quite entirely sure what the post has to do with the topic, to be honest, other than the combination factor being "X-Plane".

However as I have investigated it myself, the only way to use industry standard modelling tools (e.g. 3DStudioMAX) with X-Plane is to use work-arounds involving hidden objects created in X-Plane's own proprietary tool. That's what I believe Burkhard is referring to.

It is, however, not an FSC issue and therefore this isn't probably the best place to discuss it.

Ian P.