The simFlight Network Forums

FSC 9 TCAS

tjander

Hi, I am using FSC9 on a networked computer and everything is running well. With the exception of the audio alert from the TCAS system. I on final after a long flight and got ran over by a 737... the last words I heard was FEDEX XXX go around, followed by a mid air collision. I also, noticed out of the corner of my eye just before the collision but too late to do anything that TCAS warned me by flashing my AC and the FEDEX bird in RED but my attention was on the landing not FSC 9. If I would have gotten an audio alert I would know to look and take action. So did I misread FSC 9 and I don't get an audio alert or do I have to do something special? Yes TCAS sound is checked.

Regards,

Tom

Sascha,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I do have the TCAS sound mark checked and no sound. I assume that there is a WAV file associated with this action so I did a search for all WAV files and the only WAV file I found was the "SwitchWP.WAV" Can you tell me where the TCAS warning sound file is located or offer any other ideas on why its does not seem to be working. Please note that the SwitchWP file does play at the appropriate time from FSC 9 so I am confident that my system is working correctly.

Regards,

Tom Anderson

Sascha,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I do have the TCAS sound mark checked and no sound. I assume that there is a WAV file associated with this action so I did a search for all WAV files and the only WAV file I found was the "SwitchWP.WAV" Can you tell me where the TCAS warning sound file is located or offer any other ideas on why its does not seem to be working. Please note that the SwitchWP file does play at the appropriate time from FSC 9 so I am confident that my system is working correctly.

Regards,

Tom Anderson

Hi Tom,

there are no WAV file for the TCAS sound. The TCAS warning beep is heard exclusively on the PC speaker.

Regards,

Volker

Thanks for the reply, Wow that is different. Any chance in a future patch to have this changed to maybe mimic a real TCAS warning like that would go out as "Traffic Traffic Traffic" on a WAV file? Again, thanks for the quick reply and at least now I know that I have to look and listen very closly.

Regards,

Tom