The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 NGX User Configured Flight on Client

Red75

Hi,

I am using STB 3 client on a notebook & it displays the AI departures & arrivals correctly. I am unable to enter the User Flight Configuration with user specified airports for the departure & arrival . If I start STB on the FSX computer it works correctly. It does not work on the STB client & freezes the STB client programme when attempting to do so .

Hope you can help dort this out. Everything else is working without error on the network setup,

Regards,

Rick

Hi Rick,

You mention the PMDG 737. Does it work correctly for other aircraft?

Please tell me the exact steps you went through and exactly what is on the screen when it hangs. I need as much detail as possible as I can't reproduce it yet. Also how many STB icons do you have in the task bar at the time of the hang?

Thanks

Simon

I have not tried it with other planes yet. The steps are that I have loaded a flight in FSX , PMDG 737 NGX is loaded , STB 3 client is loaded & working (linked to UT2 AI traffic) I can see STB Client working correctly with AI arrivals & departures. Now I try to load a User Configured flight via the STB client & when trying to enter the airport code for departure the User Flight panel goes grey & hangs . If I do the same procedure using the STB on the FSX computer I can make the User Configured flight details display on the STB ( but not on the STB client) ,it just won't work when I do the same thing on the STB client. No error message appears , just a hung panel , greyed out. There is one STB icon in the task bar. If I make a Flight Plan using FSX Flight Planner it will temporarily display as a flight on STB client but after 30-60 seconds it disappears ( I cannot use Flight Planner with PMDG 737NGX but did this to test for solutions).

Rick

Hi Rick,

You mention the PMDG 737. Does it work correctly for other aircraft?

Please tell me the exact steps you went through and exactly what is on the screen when it hangs. I need as much detail as possible as I can't reproduce it yet. Also how many STB icons do you have in the task bar at the time of the hang?

Thanks

Simon

It freezes as I try to type the ICAO code in , there is pre-existing ICAO code present in the box which cannot be deleted , these ICAO codes are present from a previous time when entering the codes seemed to work ok on the client , the freezing occurs before pressing the OK button I think just when cursor is placed in the box & trying to type over the new arrival or departure ICAO codes.

Rick

Does it occur after you type the ICAO codes or after you press the OK button (if you get that far)? The subtle distinction is there's practically no code behind the ICAO code, it's only the OK button that makes things happen.

Simon