The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Airbumps

Help with FSX Location over network and saving Flight PLans

Hi all,

Yes, I've read the manual and done a search with no value unfortunately. I think I'm doing everything right so this is my last resort. Running Windows 7 64Bit as admin with UAC turned off.

I'm running a WideFS setup. FSC Running on my laptop and FSX on my desktop. My FSX dedicated drive is mapped as Z: on my laptop. My Flight Simulator X folder is mapped as Y on the laptop.

I'm having issues saving addon flight plans. In the options/flightplans area I can find and select my FSX folder by selection Z:\FSX (which is the correct folder) however each time I go to save I get the error telling me "Flight plan for Add-On aircraft cannot be saved, because Flight Simulator X folder unknown!

The FSX regular flight plans are correctly saved, its just the addon flight plans that are not. I'm not sure why, as FSC is correctly pointing to the right folder in options/flight plans. I've tried remapping the drive. Aside from Y (which is the Flight Simulator X Files) there is only Z drive mapped.

Any ideas? Can I adjust this manually in one of the .INI files?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no joy. There is no problem access Z drive and I can freely write and read from the files on it thru Windows. All permissions are set as they should be.

Thanks

AB

Edited by Airbumps

Thanks for the reply Volker. Here is my FSC.INI file.

I've previously tried deleting them both and having them re created but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

AB

Hi AB,

look at the attached screenshot.

Can you reproduce this situation in your configuration and verify?

Can You also create such a screenshot of this situation?

Your screenshots do not have a verification.

Volker

btw.

IVAOPATH=C:\FSX\FSC\flightplan\IVAO

FSINNPATH=C:\FSX\FSC\flightplan\FSInn

RADCONPATH=C:\FSX\FSC\flightplan\RC

PROMAGPATH=C:\FSX\FSC\flightplan\PM

Something surprises me. I see this correctly that you've installed the FSCommander within the FSX folder?

post-6634-0-91226900-1316768666_thumb.jp

Hi Volker,

Here is a screenshot of my current settings. They seem to be the same as you have in your attachment. I do not understand what you mean by 'Your screenshots do not have a verification'

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/airbumps/FSCommander-1.jpg

I still cannot get FSC to locate the FSX addon drive.

Just to be clear. I have installed FSCommander on my laptop under C:\FSX\FSC. This is just a folder on my laptop I use to install FSX addons that run over a network - things like Radar Contact, ASE and EFB are there too.

FSX itself is on my desktop computer, on its own drive and is mapped as Z on the laptop. Access to Z drive is fine and I can access all folders from my laptop.

Any ideas?

AB

Any ideas?

AB

Hi AB,

NO... because everything looks as if it were in order.

Please contact me via e-mail. You find my e-mail address at the bottom on our homepage.

Volker

Problem solved. Although I have no idea why it was doing what it was doing.

It turns out that when I was running FSCFSXCFG.exe on my FSX machine it was taking the WRONG scenery.cfg file and placing it as sceneryfsc.cfg. The correct FSX scenery.cfg file is located in c:\program data\microsoft\fsx FSCFSXCFG was taking a very old one from c:\users\Airbumps\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx

This was causing some sort of issue. As soon as I copied the correct SCNERY.CFG and renamed it SCENRYFSC.CFG all worked fine.

Still, that was three days of my life I will never get back

Cheers,

AB

Problem solved. Although I have no idea why it was doing what it was doing.

It turns out that when I was running FSCFSXCFG.exe on my FSX machine it was taking the WRONG scenery.cfg file and placing it as sceneryfsc.cfg. The correct FSX scenery.cfg file is located in c:\program data\microsoft\fsx FSCFSXCFG was taking a very old one from c:\users\Airbumps\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx

This was causing some sort of issue. As soon as I copied the correct SCNERY.CFG and renamed it SCENRYFSC.CFG all worked fine.

Still, that was three days of my life I will never get back

Cheers,

AB

Hi AB,

good to hear that it works.

But the Scenery.cfg can be not the problem. The Scenery.cfg is responsible for the database manager but not for the network.

I'm sure it was a problem accessing the drive which was locked by the OS or the firewall.

As I expected, there was no problem of the FSCommander.

Regards,

Volker

Hi AB,

good to hear that it works.

But the Scenery.cfg can be not the problem. The Scenery.cfg is responsible for the database manager but not for the network.

I'm sure it was a problem accessing the drive which was locked by the OS or the firewall.

As I expected, there was no problem of the FSCommander.

Regards,

Volker

I also don't see what the problem was, but thats all I did to fix it. I just copied the correct scenery.cfg file and renamed it sceneryfsc.cfg, ran the database manager again and it worked. Its been broken for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden it worked so that was definitely the issue, although I don't understand why.

Interesting...

My setup has the same issue. No matter how many times I point FSC9 to the correctly mapped drive, it produces this error now.

Will also check scenery file.....