The simFlight Network Forums

Monitor "FS controls" through FSUIPC via external programs

Hello Peter, I have once again use their help, the forum seemed to be having trouble connecting those days. Well, to the point, I was able to monitor multiple switches using LVARS. However, some did not appear in the log. These appear in the log FS Controls. There is an offset that allows me to send / run a control. Is there any way to monitor the firing of FS Controls? As you can monitor the LVARS? For example when the monitor to give BATTERY_SW_SET 69833 was fired?

Peter's response: Enable event logging in FSUIPC Logging options.

Peter,

In this case I would have to read the text file information? Its programmatically activate using the log (in my case) C #, read some offset? Access to the log file would not be locked to external programs during the recording of FSUIPC?

In this case I would have to read the text file information? Its programmatically activate using the log (in my case) C #, read some offset? Access to the log file would not be locked to external programs during the recording of FSUIPC?

No, the log is not locked. You can switch Event logging on via offset 3400 in recent FSUIPC4 versions -- please see the release notes in the Updated Modules thread of Download Links subforum.

Are you wanting to monitor ALL controls, or only specific ones? If it is a limited list you can use the Lua "event.control" function.

Regards

Pete

Have you tried LINDA?

LINDA has also a console window which lists you controls, LVars, offsets etc etc.

Of course you can filter for custom LVars or controls.

You can also set controls with parameters, same with LVars and offsets in the LINDA tracer.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, I tried using LINDA, unfortunately I could not do the monitoring of EJETS Feelthere with him, scanned every memory address and he did not recognize anything. Maybe it's my little knowledge on why this is the same.

No, the log is not locked. You can switch Event logging on via offset 3400 in recent FSUIPC4 versions -- please see the release notes in the Updated Modules thread of Download Links subforum.

Are you wanting to monitor ALL controls, or only specific ones? If it is a limited list you can use the Lua "event.control" function.

Regards

Pete

Pete, how does event.control could give me an example of such manipulation, just need the events related to MCP, altitude hold, ap hold, nav, vnav, etc ...

These events do not appear in the log of the LUA (LVARS), nor respond to related offsets. However, appear in the log of FS controls.

Pete, how does event.control could give me an example of such manipulation, just need the events related to MCP, altitude hold, ap hold, nav, vnav, etc ...

These events do not appear in the log of the LUA (LVARS), nor respond to related offsets. However, appear in the log of FS controls.

The log showing the FS controls will give you both the name and the number of the control. The event.control function allows you to specify a Lua function to be called whenever the control occurs, and you identify it by its number. Please do look up the event library in the FSUIPC Lua library documentation.

Pete