The simFlight Network Forums
Sueede

Not a vaild FSC flightplan

Hi Sascha and Volker.

I have successfully created, opened and used flightplans in this and earlier versions of FSC for FS9.

Last night I was adding some flighplans to be used later. When I opened them I recieved the message: "Sorry.! This is not a valid FSC flightplan!"

I have tried with different forms for the flightplan - with only departure and destination airport in France and in Sweden, with detailed flightplans containing both initial waypoints and airways laid out by FSC.

Yesterday when I made the first flightplan I saved it, added both SIDS and STARS from LFRN to LFBO, and flew the stretch. But later trying to open the flightplan again I got the message above.

Do you have a suggestion how to resolve this?

Thank you.

Tommy Engman

Do you have a suggestion how to resolve this?

Hi Tommy,

Yes we have the solution.

First, delete all files in the folder .. \ Flight Plan \ FSC,

because they all have the wrong format.

Now there are two solutions:

1st The right solution, configure the correct folder for the flight simulator flight plans. Read user's manual, chapter Options Window -> Paragraph flight plan and compare the screen shots with your settings. I think they are certainly wrong.

2nd The quick fix, disable in the window save/load option, the ckeckbox Flight Plan Flight Simulator?

Regards,

Volker

Hi Tommy,

Yes we have the solution.

First, delete all files in the folder .. \ Flight Plan \ FSC,

because they all have the wrong format.

Now there are two solutions:

1st The right solution, configure the correct folder for the flight simulator flight plans. Read user's manual, chapter Options Window -> Paragraph flight plan and compare the screen shots with your settings. I think they are certainly wrong.

2nd The quick fix, disable in the window save/load option, the ckeckbox Flight Plan Flight Simulator?

Regards,

Volker

Volker, thanks for your fast answer.

All my flightplans with suffix .pln are placed in FSC9\Flightplan\FSC. (In the "correct folder" Flight Simulator Files there are stored only flights saved in FS9, no flightplans.

All flightplans of 2011-09-15 and older can be opened in FSC.

There are five flightplans that can't be opened becaus they don't have the right FSC format. One of them is a flighplan that I created in FSC9.0 on 2011-09-23 and four that I created with FSC 9.0 on the 1011-09-24. None of these five can be opened.

I did not change folders before this happened. There are 54 flightplans in all, of which 5 do not work, made after 2011-09-15. So what might have happened? They all have the same suffix .pln.

Some files have doubles. These can be opened. Two of these have suffix .pms. they are made on 2011-09-24. There are a couple that doubles with .pln and .xml suffixes, but they seem to have been installed with the program, since they are made 2009-12-02 EDDK2EINN and LFMNEDDK; 2010-10-26 MSLPMGGT.

There are at least one older flightplan EDDK2EINN that can be opened although FSC tells me it misses some waypoints.

So there must be another reason and another solution.

Thanks anyway!

All the best.

Tommy Engman

Volker, thanks for your fast answer.

All my flightplans with suffix .pln are placed in FSC9\Flightplan\FSC. (In the "correct folder" Flight Simulator Files there are stored only flights saved in FS9, no flightplans.

All flightplans of 2011-09-15 and older can be opened in FSC.

There are five flightplans that can't be opened becaus they don't have the right FSC format. One of them is a flighplan that I created in FSC9.0 on 2011-09-23 and four that I created with FSC 9.0 on the 1011-09-24. None of these five can be opened.

I did not change folders before this happened. There are 54 flightplans in all, of which 5 do not work, made after 2011-09-15. So what might have happened? They all have the same suffix .pln.

Some files have doubles. These can be opened. Two of these have suffix .pms. they are made on 2011-09-24. There are a couple that doubles with .pln and .xml suffixes, but they seem to have been installed with the program, since they are made 2009-12-02 EDDK2EINN and LFMNEDDK; 2010-10-26 MSLPMGGT.

There are at least one older flightplan EDDK2EINN that can be opened although FSC tells me it misses some waypoints.

So there must be another reason and another solution.

Thanks anyway!

All the best.

Tommy Engman

Tommy, maybe you can attach such a flightplan so I could check it. I had a similar problem last year and it turned out to be a problem with my RAM. Took me 3 weeks to sort this out :rolleyes:

EDIT: Another way to check is: Can you open them with the Windows Editor?

Tommy, maybe you can attach such a flightplan so I could check it. I had a similar problem last year and it turned out to be a problem with my RAM. Took me 3 weeks to sort this out :rolleyes:

EDIT: Another way to check is: Can you open them with the Windows Editor?

Hallo.

Strange thing happened: I opened FSC for FSX to see if there was the same problem there, since they use the same flightplans and format. And the same files caused the same reaction in FSC. "Not a valid flightplan." But when I closed that 'version' of FSC and started FSC for FS9 I hade to wait while "Windows was configuring FSC". Took some 30 seconds, maybe. And after that new flightplans can be opened - but not the five ones that were problematic.

Now I have erased them (before I read your post) so we can't check the files themselves. I am happy as a lark. Next time (if this happens again) I will try the same medicine. Open FSC for FSX, close it, and open FSC for FS9.

Thanks for your efforts and will to help!

Tommy

And coming to think of it: There is a file fscini.old, created this afternoon when the problem was resolved by itself. That might be interesting! Attached here, renamed fsciniold.txt. (The forum would not let me attach fscini.oldtxt.)

fsciniold.txt

And coming to think of it: There is a file fscini.old, created this afternoon when the problem was resolved by itself. That might be interesting! Attached here, renamed fsciniold.txt. (The forum would not let me attach fscini.oldtxt.)

Volker and others:

What I think happened htis afternoon was that FSC wrote itself a new fsc.ini. When I checked flightplan directories and folders in "Options" it seems that FSC changed the folder for FS flightplans back to Flight Simulator Files under "My Documents" by itself. So even if I've never saved a FS flightplan in that folder, and there are no .pln files there FSC wants that folder to be assigned to FS flightplans.

It's difficult to understand, but thats how the program works. Now I save and open all my files from FSC9\flightplan\FSC and it works fine.

Tommy

Volker and others:

What I think happened htis afternoon was that FSC wrote itself a new fsc.ini. When I checked flightplan directories and folders in "Options" it seems that FSC changed the folder for FS flightplans back to Flight Simulator Files under "My Documents" by itself. So even if I've never saved a FS flightplan in that folder, and there are no .pln files there FSC wants that folder to be assigned to FS flightplans.

It's difficult to understand, but thats how the program works. Now I save and open all my files from FSC9\flightplan\FSC and it works fine.

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

FPPATH09=C:\Documents and Settings\Tommy Engman\Mina dokument\Flight Simulator Files <<< perfect !!!

FPPATH10=C:\Program\Microsoft Games\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC <<< wrong !!!

Just as I expected, you have set the correct folder for your FS9 but for your FSX you are using the same folder where the FSC save its own flight plans.

In your case, the FSC saved flight plan is subsequently overwritten by an FSX flight plan.

Even here you must logically enter the folder where the flight plans for FSX are saved. You've done it right for FS9.

Volker