The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight EFIS and MCP PRO Full Interface for PMDG NGX

Hi steveo38

ive been using the lua script for a few days and find it great except in my case a small prob.

i use a saitek yoke as well,,,,and each time i use the hat switch to pan my view around the virtual cockpit,,,all the numbers displayed on the goflight mcp change and flash for a second or 2 then revert back to there correct values,,,,have you any ideas what i need to change.

ive never mapped the hat switch on the yoke so its auto detected by fsx commands.

thanks

Andy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi steveo38

ive been using the lua script for a few days and find it great except in my case a small prob.

i use a saitek yoke as well,,,,and each time i use the hat switch to pan my view around the virtual cockpit,,,all the numbers displayed on the goflight mcp change and flash for a second or 2 then revert back to there correct values,,,,have you any ideas what i need to change.

ive never mapped the hat switch on the yoke so its auto detected by fsx commands.

thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have the saitek yoke as well and don't have that problem. I would guess you must have something assigned in FSUIPC or the saitek software. It sounds like the button press is starting gfdDisplay.lua which runs a diagnostic. You may have that lua script assigned to the hat switch. Another problem may be electrical. Have you tried the yoke on a different port or hub.

It may also be a conflict with LINDA if you are using that. I noticed that it incorrectly sees the MCP as VR hardware and does funny things. Turn off LINDA and try it. I think renaming ipcReady.lua in the modules directory will turn it off.

Best wishes

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys aware that there is a fix for the MCP Pro freezing and lagging digits. I talked to the support Tech and apparently F/W version A25 fixes this issue. Unfortunately, you have to send your unit back to Goflight to update your unit:

Here is the post I made on the GoFlight forum.

http://www.goflightinc.com/forums/index.php/topic,1156.0.html

I to am interested in finding a driver for the PMDG 737 as I have both the EFIS and the MCP Pro.....I have yet to have my firmware updated. I'm going to wait until after Christmas as the mail system will be overloaded.

Bill Clark

• 2 weeks later...

hi, everyone, first thank you for your work.

I have flew with this script for 2 months with no problem.

Last week I did change my motherboard and processor, and reinstall everything (Windows, FSX etc...), and since then, the FD, AT switch doesnt work, when I use them on the MCP pro, I can see and hear that somthing is done, but the change is not active in he VC. If I click in the VC on one of the switches, I can see the green light lightning on the MCP Pro.

Do you have any idea ?

All the drivers and PMDG 737 are up to date.

thanks

hi, everyone, first thank you for your work.

I have flew with this script for 2 months with no problem.

Last week I did change my motherboard and processor, and reinstall everything (Windows, FSX etc...), and since then, the FD, AT switch doesnt work, when I use them on the MCP pro, I can see and hear that somthing is done, but the change is not active in he VC. If I click in the VC on one of the switches, I can see the green light lightning on the MCP Pro.

Do you have any idea ?

All the drivers and PMDG 737 are up to date.

thanks

Do you have the latest FSUIPC installed (I'm using 4.749d) and are you using version 1.0 of the LUA script (it will tell you at the top of the file if you open it in notepad). Have you also tested to make sure that FSUIPC can "see" the buttons you are talking about by using the buttons tab in FSUIPC and flicking the switch?

Best wishes

Steve

Do you have the latest FSUIPC installed (I'm using 4.749d) and are you using version 1.0 of the LUA script (it will tell you at the top of the file if you open it in notepad). Have you also tested to make sure that FSUIPC can "see" the buttons you are talking about by using the buttons tab in FSUIPC and flicking the switch?

Best wishes

Steve

I steve, the answer is yes to all of your questions. I have tested also with FSUPIC version 4.76 (the one I did use before the upgrade of my computer). FSUPIC see correctly the button of my MCP Pro, as you can see in my pevious message, everything works perferctly, only the swithes are not working, but I can hear the switch in FSX when I use the MPC PRo, but it is not activate in FSX. I did test my MCP Pro with the original B738 of FSX, and the switches work correctly.

I remember with my old computer, I gave install the PMDG B737, all the hotfxes and then the SP1, on my new computer I did install the PMDG 737 + the SP1 directly without using the hotfixs in between, any one have tested this way ?

Thank you for the help.

Franck

I steve, the answer is yes to all of your questions. I have tested also with FSUPIC version 4.76 (the one I did use before the upgrade of my computer). FSUPIC see correctly the button of my MCP Pro, as you can see in my pevious message, everything works perferctly, only the swithes are not working, but I can hear the switch in FSX when I use the MPC PRo, but it is not activate in FSX. I did test my MCP Pro with the original B738 of FSX, and the switches work correctly.

I remember with my old computer, I gave install the PMDG B737, all the hotfxes and then the SP1, on my new computer I did install the PMDG 737 + the SP1 directly without using the hotfixs in between, any one have tested this way ?

Thank you for the help.

Franck

Ok, have you made sure that in GFConfig you have the MCP PRO set to compatiable add-on?

EDIT: Yes I have tested it with an orginal install with only SP1 applied.

Ok, have you made sure that in GFConfig you have the MCP PRO set to compatiable add-on?

EDIT: Yes I have tested it with an orginal install with only SP1 applied.

Yes the config is set on "Compatible Addon"

I really dont understand why it has work, and now the switches refuse to change their position.

Franck

Hi Steve, I have found something, the script works perfectly, I had to programm a full flight in the FMC and the switches did fully work.

And today just by testing on ground like I did 2 days ago, the swithes works prefectly even on the gound without programming anything in the FMC, I didnt change anything, and now everything works like a charm.

Thank you for your help and your great work.

• 3 weeks later...

can anybody tell me how to creat the gfconfig, i open up my go flight gfconfig could find a optaion to creat the pmdg file

You configure the Goflight equipment in GFConfig and then click "File" followed by "Save Configuration As". You then get the option to enter a filename for the configuration you just created, so in the case of the NGX something like PMDGNGX.gfc will do.

You can have different configuation files for different aircraft, you just need to make sure you load the correct one before FSX starts, noting that it always will reload the last configuration file you used if you don't load one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every one, I am sorry to post here again, but after the SP1 update, the script doesnt work any more, I have exactly the same problem as a few days ago, the rotaries work, but the A/T switch, FD switch dont work. I dont understand where the problem is coming from.

If I click in the VC, I can see the green led switching on on the MCP Pro. If I use the switch on the mcp pro, I hear the click in the VC, but the switch doesnt move.

This plane is driving me crazy.

Hi every one, I am sorry to post here again, but after the SP1 update, the script doesnt work any more, I have exactly the same problem as a few days ago, the rotaries work, but the A/T switch, FD switch dont work. I dont understand where the problem is coming from.

If I click in the VC, I can see the green led switching on on the MCP Pro. If I use the switch on the mcp pro, I hear the click in the VC, but the switch doesnt move.

This plane is driving me crazy.

Hi Franck,

I have Goflight's MCP test program I can send you. It will enable you to check that everything from a hardware perspective is OK.

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Best wishes

Steve

I Steve I have tested with the check program, every thing is OK, all button are working, the swtiches too, and I can press multiple button at the same time.

So the problem is comming somewhere else. FSUIPC maybe, I have the last version install. Could a script be interpreted differently beacause of regional settings ?

Does the NGX as to be configure in a certain way ( lbs or kg, mm hg etc...) ?

Thanks for the help you may provide.

Franck

I Steve I have tested with the check program, every thing is OK, all button are working, the swtiches too, and I can press multiple button at the same time.

So the problem is comming somewhere else. FSUIPC maybe, I have the last version install. Could a script be interpreted differently beacause of regional settings ?

Does the NGX as to be configure in a certain way ( lbs or kg, mm hg etc...) ?

Thanks for the help you may provide.

Franck

Hi Frank,

OK. Are you using LINDA and have you checked to ensure the Goflight configuration for the MCP PRO is set to compatiable add-on?

For the switches that are causing problems, I want you to load up the NGX with my script and then go into FSUIPC/Buttons and Switches. I need you to check that you have nothing assigned here.

Finally rename, your FSUIPC ini file and let FSUIPC create a new one. Add the lines from the readme.txt file in the script download and see if it works OK.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve, it is completly crazy.

I went into FSUIPC and played a little bit with all the button to see if something was attached to one of them like you told me, I went back to FSX activate the lua script like I always do, and guess what now it works ....

I dont know if the test program as done something, if the fact that I went to FSUIPC without activating the script and play with the button did something, but now it works again.

Anyway, a big thanks for your patience and your help, and of course for your EXCELLENT script.

Hope I wont come back again i few days ;)