The simFlight Network Forums

FATAL ERROR

After installing FSUIPC I have fatal error window. FSX window appears reduced in size, then in a moment or two the "fatal error" appears, then FSX restarts. BTW, this is unregistered version which I installed because F-18 "Super Bug" requires it, I'm told.. I've since tried to register but w/o success. This is very pricey it seems. Not sure I even need the full version, as I'm not much of a "tech"

Regards, "Pigeon"

After installing FSUIPC I have fatal error window. FSX window appears reduced in size, then in a moment or two the "fatal error" appears, then FSX restarts.

There's nothing in FSUIPC on its own which will do that. You have something else going on.

BTW, this is unregistered version which I installed because F-18 "Super Bug" requires it, I'm told.

Strange. I don't know about it nor why it would need FSUIPC. And didn't you think that maybe it's the installation of that add-on which is causing the crash?

I've since tried to register but w/o success.

How have you "tried" and how is the lack of success indicated?

This is very pricey it seems. Not sure I even need the full version, as I'm not much of a "tech"

Not sure what being a "tech" has to do with anything, but if you want to use any of the facilities, as many folks do, then it is surely worth it. If you don't, then why did you purchase it? You could have read all about the facilities it offers first, and then made up your mind. Saying it's "pricey" without even knowing what it can do seems rather ignorant, don't you think?

If you want help at all then some information would be in order, like version numbers, update state of FSX, and log files -- install log and FSUIPC logs can be found in the Modules folder. And for the "fatal error", some description of when and how this occurs might help -- what did you do leading to this, for instance.

Without information no one can help really.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I didn't purchase it. I don't recall stating that I purchased it. I have unregistered version, (4.7) solely to accommodate third party ac. Was told I don't need registered version as I don't intend to do any "tweaking".

I have no idea why "Supr Bug" should need FSUIPC! Read in a post (believe it was here) .FYI I haven't installed "Super Bug" as yet. Expect delivery in a few days.

bebo, on 01 October 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

I casnapback.pngnnot load F/A-18E "Superbug". It requests FSUIPC4, which I downloaded, but still fails to install. Error message says there is an error with Microsoft Word (?). Amazon support was also unable to explain the problems I am having. We mutually determined I have more than sufficient hard-drive memory and Nvidia card capability. I have MS Flight sims 2 and 3, and MS FSX which run fine. Please HELP.

All I know is that if I leave flight to main screen, I get a small version of FSX screen in right lower corner of desktop, then when I try to close it by clicking icon in task bar, I get a "fatal error" message (cant close from desktop). If I quit FSX directly from cockpit, it doesn't happen. It closes FSX w/o the fatal error showing up.

Yes, IMHO, it is pricey, at least for my needs. It's great for those who are more knowledgeable than I when it comes to "tweaking" FSX. ;-)

I see other member with "Fatal errors" in posts, which suggest to me that there seems to be a problem somewhere.

Will uninstall.

Thanks <_<

Regards, "Pigeon"

FSX / Win 7 / 64 bit / 24 GIG mem / Nvid 580 GTX / 700 watt

Edited by Pigeon Jockey

I didn't purchase it. I don't recall stating that I purchased it. I have unregistered version, (4.7) solely to accommodate third party ac. Was told I don't need registered version as I don't intend to do any "tweaking".

So what was this part about?

I've since tried to register but w/o success

On the one hand you imply that there's something wrong with registration process, and on the other that you didn't even try! Which is actually correct?

bebo, on 01 October 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Yes and he never replied to questions for clarification, because nothing made any sense.

All I know is that if I leave flight to main screen, I get a small version of FSX screen in right lower corner of desktop, then when I try to close it by clicking icon in task bar, I get a "fatal error" message (cant close from desktop). If I quit FSX directly from cockpit, it doesn't happen. It closes FSX w/o the fatal error showing up.

I've no idea what "leave flight to main screen" means, but all of those symptoms are typical of video driver problems. none of that can possibly have anything to do with FSUIPC except insofar as ANY additions to FS makes it behave slightly different in terms of timing and memory usage.

Yes, IMHO, it is pricey, at least for my needs.

But it is FREE for your needs, as you've already determined by not paying for it!

I see other member with "Fatal errors" in posts, which suggest to me that there seems to be a problem somewhere.

yes, there is. FSX is notoriously unstable reagarding video modes and video drivers. First you need to be sure FSX is fully updated, then you need to keep it stable by avoiding switching modes too much. It simply does not like it. And this is especially true with multiple monitor setups.

There is absolutely nothing in FSUIPC related to any video modes or graphics. Without registration it is merely sitting there receiving data from SimConnect. Nothing else. It has been doing this now for various versions of FS and CFS since FS98 and it is perfectly stable. Any differences in FS behaviour with it installed or not are indicative of other major problems in your installation which will surface in any case at some time or another with any add-ons.

Regards

Pete

So what was this part about?

On the one hand you imply that there's something wrong with registration process, and on the other that you didn't even try! Which is actually correct?

No I didn't imply something was wrong with registration. That's your interpretation. I simply meant that after I dl'd the unregistered version, I thought to get the registered version, but wasn't clear on how to do it. Regardless, I've uninstalled FSUIPC. The FSX settings are all "ultra high" and beautiful, and FSX runs just fine. So, as I wont have need to "tweak" settings, I'm good to go. FSXIPC might be good for someone who needs a "boost" for their system in someway. My display/video drivers are up to date, BTW.

Thanks,

Yes and he never replied to questions for clarification, because nothing made any sense.

I've no idea what "leave flight to main screen" means, but all of those symptoms are typical of video driver problems. none of that can possibly have anything to do with FSUIPC except insofar as ANY additions to FS makes it behave slightly different in terms of timing and memory usage.

Simply put, "main screen" means FSX main.

But it is FREE for your needs, as you've already determined by not paying for it!

yes, there is. FSX is notoriously unstable reagarding video modes and video drivers. First you need to be sure FSX is fully updated, then you need to keep it stable by avoiding switching modes too much. It simply does not like it. And this is especially true with multiple monitor setups.

I don't fly anything but solo. No multiple monitors, no online, and FSX is updated I assume, as I have both Sp1 & 2. Not aware that there is any other updating.

There is absolutely nothing in FSUIPC related to any video modes or graphics. Without registration it is merely sitting there receiving data from SimConnect. Nothing else. It has been doing this now for various versions of FS and CFS since FS98 and it is perfectly stable. Any differences in FS behaviour with it installed or not are indicative of other major problems in your installation which will surface in any case at some time or another with any add-ons.

I have no other issues with FSX. She runs beautifully!:grin:The FSX installation seems to have gone very well I'm please to say. All was fine until installing FSUIPC. Now that FSUIPC has been unistalled, things seem to be "normal" once again.

"Pigeon"

Regards

Pete

Edited by Pigeon Jockey

No I didn't imply something was wrong with registration. That's your interpretation. I simply meant that after I dl'd the unregistered version, I thought to get the registered version, but wasn't clear on how to do it.

Hmm. Strange. Which part about purchasing from SimMarket isn't clear? I'll have to advise them.

My display/video drivers are up to date, BTW.

i was not implying they weren't, only that FSX has problems, well known ones. It's more important for your FSX to be up to date (i.e. SP2 or Acceleration level).

Simply put, "main screen" means FSX main.

Sorry, I've still no idea what "leave flight to main screen" means. You think saying "leave flight to FSX main" is clearer? What does it mean? Are you pressing ESCape, and then going to the initial menu instead of using the Flights menu? There is nothing I know of called "FSX main".

I know you are now not bothered, but next time you report a problem and really want help please do try to describe the problem a little more clearly. I have no picture at all of what you are doing. Is is happening during initial load, before FSX leaves its splash screen, or after you've actually been flying? And in the latter case, what is the last thing you do before this happens? What do you press, for example? You understand now? Put yourself in the position of someone who only has your words to draw a picture. I can't guess what you mean, and translating "main screen" into "FSX main" means nothing at all as you must surely see?

Till next time ...

Regards

Pete

FSX is updated, that is to say, I have both Sp1&2. I'm not aware of any other updates. As stated, the Nvidia video drivers are the latest/most current and my system is new high end and stable.

Sheesh! Pete, is it so hard for you to interpret. "FSX Main"? Main screen of FSX. !

Issue closed!

"Pigeon"

Edited by Pigeon Jockey