The simFlight Network Forums

IPAD GPSOUT BLUETOOTH

Hi Pete,

I've been reading through all the posts trying to figure out if this is possible. I want to use foreflight on the Ipad with FS9. Forflight accepts GPS data via bluetooth, is there a way to use GPSout to send FS9 GPS data via bluetooth.

Thanks,

John G.

I've been reading through all the posts trying to figure out if this is possible. I want to use foreflight on the Ipad with FS9. Forflight accepts GPS data via bluetooth, is there a way to use GPSout to send FS9 GPS data via bluetooth.

Only if the bluetooth driver in the PC emulates a serial port, like some USB connected GPS devices. See what name the device has (it might be a port name like "\\.\WCEUSBSH001 ", which is the typical USB one).

Regards

Pete

Only if the bluetooth driver in the PC emulates a serial port, like some USB connected GPS devices. See what name the device has (it might be a port name like "\\.\WCEUSBSH001 ", which is the typical USB one).

Thanks Pete, where do I find this information information. Is this something in the PC running FS9 or in the Ipad. Excuse my ignorance.

-John

Thanks Pete, where do I find this information information. Is this something in the PC running FS9 or in the Ipad. Excuse my ignorance.

Sorry, I am ignorant as well. I really have no idea. I have an iPad but i have no idea how to connect it to a PC by BlueTooth. I've only ever managed it between my iPad and a friend's, and then it didn't work very well at all.

Perhaps you can tell me? What goes into the PC for this?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I can't figure it out. But there must be a way to connect FS to the Ipad via bluetooth to run all those great real aviation maps (or maybe somebody needs to create software to do so).

One other question, I am want to use your GPSout on a PC running FS9 to create a virtual serial port. I want to connect to a laptop to run geo-referenced approach plates software. The laptop only has USB connections. How do I set this up.

Thanks a million,

John

One other question, I am want to use your GPSout on a PC running FS9 to create a virtual serial port.

"Virtual"? GPSout doesn't create ports, it only uses them. You'd not use anything virtual on the FS PC unless you were also running the receiving software on that PC, in which case you'd use VSPE or similar to create a pair of virtual ports connected together, to funnel the data.

If you want to use a serial connection to another PC you'd be using a REAL port, not a virtual one, and a serial cable.

I want to connect to a laptop to run geo-referenced approach plates software. The laptop only has USB connections. How do I set this up.

For a serial port connection you'd need a USB serial adapter and a cross-connected serial cable.

Or use Networking and WideFS.

Regards

Pete