The simFlight Network Forums

User Waypoints Gone

rtimesr

With FSC v9.1:

1. My user wps have all disappeared. They are not on the map or in the user wp window. Toggling the user wp key does not make them appear. Have opened and closed FSC several times since. Just before this happened I got dialog box saying... Windows reconfiguring FSC. What the heck???? But, if I call up a flight plan the user waypoint in put in the plan magically appears on the map but is still not in the user waypoint list.

2. Where is userwp.txt so I can manually edit out all the European wp?... I fly only USA. Maybe force load all the wps I want.

3. Why do I find some intersections in the Flight Plan/ Waypoint window after query but they are not on the map? eg. WULFE.

Has dragging been considered for the map view? (A more Google maps like interface). I can add user wp before a SID and after a STAR (good) but it requires some effort and is sometimes denied..

Thank you.

Hi ???,

I'm sure you have a backup from your FSCommander. Just restore the file UserWP.Txt.

It's always a good idea to create a backup regularly.

If no backup exists, uninstall the FSCcommander. Delete the FSCommander folder completely.

Now install the new version 9.1. Do not forget to backup the registry file REGISTER.FSC before.

Volker

Backups are always good. I believe in them too. As I said I am already using v9.1

Fixing is not the problem though. The problem is why did it happen? If this happens regularly it will be annoying.

I have found UserWP.txt and successfully edited it. Only question #3 remains as to why some WPs are in some database somewhere but not shown on the map view.

Just curious, because if the WP doesn't show on the map one is tempted to add it when it is already in the WP database. Thank you.

Hi ????,

As I said I am already using v9.1

Previously reported here was not yet in the forum about the problem.

Only question #3 remains as to why some WPs are in some database somewhere but not shown on the map view.

Just curious, because if the WP doesn't show on the map one is tempted to add it when it is already in the WP database.

How should I solve the problem from here. This means I need not only information but also the Database when this problem arises.

Volker