The simFlight Network Forums

Double Double aircraft aircraft

PeterVO

Hello everybody,

a problem I have seen on this forum, but cannot get hold of it...

Problem: at several airports I have double (identical) traffic (i.e. same plane, same timetable, same destination), at a point tha the two aircraft are riding or flying as a siamese twin... (you can see double rudder, 4 wings...)...

Any explanation someone ?

Thanks,

Peter

Hello everybody,

a problem I have seen on this forum, but cannot get hold of it...

Problem: at several airports I have double (identical) traffic (i.e. same plane, same timetable, same destination), at a point tha the two aircraft are riding or flying as a siamese twin... (you can see double rudder, 4 wings...)...

Any explanation someone ?

Thanks,

Peter

Do you have other traffic files installed. Several Aerosoft airports as example have MyTraffic based traffic installed - no wonder they appear twice.

No, not one other traffic file... the only ones are the MyTraffic...-ones.

How often does it happen, 1 out of 1000 times or many? Which version of MyTraffic do you use? Could you supply us with exact information at which airport, which time you see this?

If in scenery library you uncheck, not remove, MyTraffic as active scenery, do you have any AI traffic left?

Is anything causing your scenery to reload?

If you refresh the scenery library, without exiting the flight and re-entering it, then FSX will keep the AI already loaded and then load the same AI again, on top - each time the scenery is refreshed!

My five aircraft "temporary test" AI file at an airport I am currently modifying was copied five times at one point last week and I have 25 identical Cessnas trying to use an airport with seven parking spots. :roll:

Ian P.

Ian: no scenery reload

Burkhard: it happens all of the time and all over the world, but not always same airplane, nor with same departing or arrival airport (so a plane leaving from a specific airport can be single, but another from the same airport can be double). Disabling MTX disables all AI traffic (my version MTX 5.3b Pro)...

(little in between: my version MT4.1 for FS2004 still works flawlessly)

Ian: no scenery reload

Burkhard: it happens all of the time and all over the world, but not always same airplane, nor with same departing or arrival airport (so a plane leaving from a specific airport can be single, but another from the same airport can be double). Disabling MTX disables all AI traffic (my version MTX 5.3b Pro)...

(little in between: my version MT4.1 for FS2004 still works flawlessly)

Thanks. I really would like to know a location and time it happnes, were others can also look. It can have to do with a broken scenery configuration, but that is a wild guess. Deleting all scenery indices can help in such a case. Also to Ian, this does not happen in my installations, but I was carefull to never remove any scenery.

Thanks. I really would like to know a location and time it happnes, were others can also look. It can have to do with a broken scenery configuration, but that is a wild guess. Deleting all scenery indices can help in such a case. Also to Ian, this does not happen in my installations, but I was carefull to never remove any scenery.

No problem...

LFMN, noon... I just let my plane on a parking spot..

I go to the "Traffic Toolbox" and see MOST (so not all) of the airplanes double... By clicking on, lets say, an aircraft "en route" I see the two (two tails, 4 wings, etc...) aircraft (in the traffic toolbox all their parameters are the same: departure time, arrival time, callsign...)

When I was trying to modify one of the USN stations for MTX, Burkhard, I had so much AI loaded (at 33% sliders) that the PC ran out of memory and just refused to load. :blink:

What I do to cause it is to have an airport open in ADE, compile, load in the sim, edit the airport in ADE, go back into the sim and disable the airport, back to ADE and compile, reactivate the newly recompiled scenery in the sim and all of the AI in the area will be duplicated - loaded twice. If, for instance, you had a single B737 parked somewhere, when you complete the process you'll have two B737s with identical registrations, flight numbers and which will push back and call for departure together.

I can repeat that every time... Maybe it's just my rig?

Anyway, that's irrelevant to the thread, so I'll shut up about it now.

Ian P.

No problem...

LFMN, noon... I just let my plane on a parking spot..

I go to the "Traffic Toolbox" and see MOST (so not all) of the airplanes double... By clicking on, lets say, an aircraft "en route" I see the two (two tails, 4 wings, etc...) aircraft (in the traffic toolbox all their parameters are the same: departure time, arrival time, callsign...)

I cannot see any double flights there. There are two Transavia to EHAM with different number 28 minutes apart, but that is not your problem. Anybody else please could have a look? Thanks.

Do you also see the aircraft twice on ground at the same parling location, or at different parking locations? In the first case, you may have two versions of the airport installed, FSX only overwrites an airport by another one if the complete header is identical, so an author who repair a typo in the name of an airport as example creates a big mess. If the aircraft are seperated on the ground, but overlap in air, you have the same schedules twice. It does not happen you have a file MyTrafficlite.bgl somewhere, or did you ever use FSLive by Air Nav?

Could you post a screen shot from traffic toolbox showing the doubles?

prtscreen.bmp

the doubles at the airport have their own place... but I do not have any Mytrafficlite or FS Live

I propose next you run the tool "Manage FSX settings" "Search for traffic bgl files" and send me the output or paste it into your reply. This shot tells us that the dublicate flights originate from two different file#, 92 and 97 for airliners, 93 and 98 for GA, 94 and 99 for militaries, so either the files realy are dublicate, or you got FSX to read them twice through scenery config or whatever.

Burkhard,

this is what I in the DOS-BOX...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>dir /B /

S ..\*.bgl 1>bgls.txt

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>bglfinde

r

Checking through all bgl files now, Please be patient!

forrtl: severe (29): file not found, unit 2, file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Gam

es\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\AF2 - Chambéry\Scenery\AFX_LFLB.bg

l

Image PC Routine Line Source

bglfinder.exe 0040CD29 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040CB5B Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040BD34 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040C19D Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 00402DA4 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040121F MAIN$MAIN 11 Main.for

bglfinder.exe 004312E9 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 00428684 Unknown Unknown Unknown

kernel32.dll 7C817077 Unknown Unknown Unknown

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>Traffic_

schedules.txt

unquote

The file Traffic_schedules.txt contains one line:

"List of AI traffic schedules"

This is not a good sign is it ?

Peter

Burkhard,

this is what I in the DOS-BOX...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>dir /B /

S ..\*.bgl 1>bgls.txt

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>bglfinde

r

Checking through all bgl files now, Please be patient!

forrtl: severe (29): file not found, unit 2, file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Gam

es\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\AF2 - Chambéry\Scenery\AFX_LFLB.bg

l

Image PC Routine Line Source

bglfinder.exe 0040CD29 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040CB5B Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040BD34 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040C19D Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 00402DA4 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 0040121F MAIN$MAIN 11 Main.for

bglfinder.exe 004312E9 Unknown Unknown Unknown

bglfinder.exe 00428684 Unknown Unknown Unknown

kernel32.dll 7C817077 Unknown Unknown Unknown

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic>Traffic_

schedules.txt

unquote

The file Traffic_schedules.txt contains one line:

"List of AI traffic schedules"

This is not a good sign is it ?

Peter

So you have a directory entry for the said file, but it does not exist. This is either a failure of the operating system, or your disk has a bad block, so a hardware error. I would, in FSX, remove that scenery from scenery library, and then delete that scenery, and run the tool again.

definitvely such an error of an indexed and found file that then does not exist anything can go wrong...

Having checked harddisk (no errors), deleted the inciminating scenery (Chambéry), the final result:

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

I was sure of the result, because I already searched and cleaned manually trying to understand the problem...

Having checked harddisk (no errors), deleted the inciminating scenery (Chambéry), the final result:

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

I was sure of the result, because I already searched and cleaned manually trying to understand the problem...

And you still have double flights. Then we can exclude you have double plans. So it must be a reload, because traffictoolbox says us they originate from two files read.

Did you delete all sceneries indices ( in the all user profile ) once and let FSX rebuild them all new?

And you still have double flights. Then we can exclude you have double plans. So it must be a reload, because traffictoolbox says us they originate from two files read.

Did you delete all sceneries indices ( in the all user profile ) once and let FSX rebuild them all new?

Yes,

rebuilding has been done... and I do not see reloads during execution of FSX... just to make sure I removed the MyTraffic files to have them rebuilt as well...The moment I reactivate I have double flights again (and no flights when Mytraffic-files are gone)...

Could the Mytraffic-files have the double flights inbedded for some raison ?

Yes,

rebuilding has been done... and I do not see reloads during execution of FSX... just to make sure I removed the MyTraffic files to have them rebuilt as well...The moment I reactivate I have double flights again (and no flights when Mytraffic-files are gone)...

Could the Mytraffic-files have the double flights inbedded for some raison ?

These files are the ones supplied, or did you modify them using the editor? Those that are supplied do not contain them twice. ( There may be the same flight 30 minutes apart using different equipment). And your screen shot tells us that your FSX reads them from different files...

What we can do next week is that you just delete the entire MyTraffic folder and I give you access to version 5.4 so that you install that aghain, hoping this solves it...

These files are the ones supplied, or did you modify them using the editor? Those that are supplied do not contain them twice. ( There may be the same flight 30 minutes apart using different equipment). And your screen shot tells us that your FSX reads them from different files...

What we can do next week is that you just delete the entire MyTraffic folder and I give you access to version 5.4 so that you install that aghain, hoping this solves it...

OK,

great, fine by me...

Thanks