The simFlight Network Forums

fsuicp registation

I'm sorry Pete but there is no FSUIPC.LOG. In the modules folder. There is only the FSUIPC documents folder and then FSUIPC install (the only text document), FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC.key

In that case FSUIPC has never run in that FS installation. It ALWAYS produces a log file -- the first thing it does is create one, long before adding its Modules menu entry. But just to be sure you ARE looking correctly, run Explorer by right-clicking and selecting "run as .. administrator". This gives you elevated privileges. The folders and files are NOT hidden, but Program Files is protected.

BTW how are you determining that FSUIPC isn't registering? Where are you looking?

Last time someone reported something like this it turned out they had two installations of FS and were installing into one but running the other!

Pete

I have just run FS9 by right clicking and "run as administrator" and it now appears registered.

Also, the FSUIPC. Log file has appeared.

Strange. You shouldn't really need to run FS9 that way. Perhaps you need to right-click on it, select Properties and "Compatibility". You can set it to run as administrator there, but maybe it will work instead with compatibility mode for XP. SP2.

If you ever install it again, best to select a folder outside of "Program Files" to avoid all sorts of possible problems with add-ons. I always use something simple like C:\FS9, C:\FSX etc.

And don't forget to install the FS9.1 update.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for advice, I have FS9.1update installed

Ah, your registry is wrong then. Here's what the installer said:

Looking in registry for FS9.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS9 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... >>> OK! FOUND FS9! <<< ...

Only 9.0 is in the Registry.

, running Windows 7 Ultimate and had already selected properties and compatibility.....still I guess programs do interfere with one another somehow.

It isn't that so much as under Win7 all folders in 2Program Files" are protected from being written to by anything other than installers and things with elevated admin rights/ FS9 was written long before this was the case, and so doesn't deal with it very well. Worse, any add-ons which need to write to anything there will not be able to unless they are also "run as admini", so it makes everything a real hassle.

The easy way out is to never install FS in Program Files.

Regards

Pete

I see, I think. I restarted FS9.1 and this time it was unregistered again! But here is the log file I found.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.998g by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.DLL" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Nigel Buchalter"

User Addr="nbuchalter@utvinternet.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

4945 System time = 24/11/2011 11:14:03

4961 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

4961 System time = 24/11/2011 11:14:03, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

33244 C:\Users\Nigel\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Vienna to Dublin.flt

33275 AIRCRAFT\emd_738w\EMD738.air

33275 Aircraft="Emerald Air Boeing 737-800W"

39734 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

61823 AIRCRAFT\EMD_772M_2\EMD772OS.air

61823 Aircraft="Emerald Air Boeing 777-200 v3"

71090 C:\Users\Nigel\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

72244 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

81277 Traffic File #14 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

416928 WeatherOptions set, now 40003605 (timer=0)

665095 System time = 24/11/2011 11:25:03, FS2004 time = 10:21:12 (10:21Z)

665095 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 24982 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

It appears registered there. But hasn't picked up on the next time I started the program.

So you are saying I should reinstall FS9 + update (9.1) onto the hard drive anywhere except program files and all the addons?

Nigel

I see, I think. I restarted FS9.1 and this time it was unregistered again! But here is the log file I found.

The log is fine and shows everything is okay. Where are you seeing that you aren't registered? I did ask you before but you didn't answer.

There is absolutely no way FSUIPC changes each time you run FS. The only thing that could stop it reading the KEY file which is there would be a disk fault, and in that case it wouldn't show the details in the Log because it wouldn't be able to get them!

Pete

Sorry I thought I had answered the question, When I open "modules" when flight sim is running, the drop down menu gives me actigate, FSUIPC, and start squawkbox, I can click on FSUIPC and when it opens it's there that it says it's unregistered.

I think I shall uninstall everything and reinstall anywhere but not in program files.

I've a long night ahead!

Nigel

Sorry I thought I had answered the question, When I open "modules" when flight sim is running, the drop down menu gives me actigate, FSUIPC, and start squawkbox, I can click on FSUIPC and when it opens it's there that it says it's unregistered.

Aha! You are using Actigate? Can you try with that temporarily removed from the Modules folder, please? it has been known to totally mess things up on some systems. If that sorts it, please see if you can find an update for it.

Regards

Pete

I didn't install Actigate myself, one of my addons did but not sure which one.

I realise that. Trouble is a lot of such add-ons are still packaged with an old version which can cause conflicts. If it does turn out to be that you need to look for an updated version.

I'll remove it as suggested, but first I'll have to do a complete re installation of FS9 as I can only get the splash screen now and then it shuts down.

Wow! This is actually starting to look like a problem with your disk or memory. I did mention this as one of the possibilities earlier (intermittent problems reading the KEY file). Software doesn't keep varying in behaviour on its own.

Good luck!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Not having much luck! I've plenty of memory, it's a dual core Toshiba laptop which I use only for flight simming, emailing and browsing, any downloads go onto an external hard drive. I know that's not relevant and you'll say my hard drive could be faulty. It's not!

I've installed fs9 again without add ons but with the update 9.1 which the install log does not recognise( I think).

When running fs9 the modules tab, when opened and fsuipc is clicked upon, it appears unregistered again!

There is no fsuipc log file either!

Installer for FSUIPC.DLL version 3.998g

Looking in registry for FS9.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS9 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... >>> OK! FOUND FS9! <<< ...

Looking in registry for FS8 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS7 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS6.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FS9:

EXE Path="C:\FS9"

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC installed in:

C:\FS9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC into "C:\FS9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL"

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FS2004 controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf" okay

FSUIPC.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

:cry:

Rgds

Nigel

Not having much luck! I've plenty of memory

I never questioned the amount of memory, only it's reliability. It's got to be either memory, hard disk, or something in between which is mucking you up.

it's a dual core Toshiba laptop which I use only for flight simming, emailing and browsing, any downloads go onto an external hard drive. I know that's not relevant and you'll say my hard drive could be faulty. It's not!

How do you know?

I've installed fs9 again without add ons but with the update 9.1 which the install log does not recognise( I think).

Strange that. Never mind. It isn't important, just misleading.

When running fs9 the modules tab, when opened and fsuipc is clicked upon, it appears unregistered again!

There is no fsuipc log file either!

I repeat this. if there is no log then FSUIPC has never been run, therefore there is no way you can tell whether it is registered or not.

Regards

Pete

Windows 7 seems to be good at keeping the system running smoothly and reports any errors it finds.

I also use "Glary Utilities" and "Ccleaner" for keeping the system in good order.

Surely if there was a disk problem I would have had other problems somewhere.

Why would it be that only FS9 and related issues suffer from a hard drive problem.

I'm only reporting to you what I'm finding!

I'm away till Tuesday, so perhaps then I'll try approaching it from a different angle.......I'll install an addon, for example Ultimate Traffic (2005 is the version I have) and then see what happens..

One last thought, I've two copies of FS9....if I got disk 4 mixed up in them would that be a problem, I can't see how?

The reason I bought a second copy was because I thought the first was missing!

Thanks for your infinite patience!

\regards

Nigel

Why would it be that only FS9 and related issues suffer from a hard drive problem.

No idea, but when I have issues of software behaving differently from time ot time with no changes made, it lways turns out to be hardware. If not disk or memory then motherboard or heat or power.

One last thought, I've two copies of FS9....if I got disk 4 mixed up in them would that be a problem, I can't see how?

No, nor can I.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Through my years of flying in FS9 I used an unregistered version of FSUIPC. When I moved to FSX I decided to register the version needed for FSX. Everything went swimmingly through several FSUIPC updates with the original registration key working for me.

Recently I came across version 4,728 and when I tried to register this version I kept getting a message saying that the registration key is invalid. After installing v4.745 I still got the same message.

I have a different email address to the one I originally used to purchase my registration key. The one I had at the time was:

aussie15@bigpond.net.au or aussie15@dodo.com.au . Is it possible to update my details to aussie15@tpg.com.au

Also should the registration I have work with the latest version of FSUIPC or do I have to purchase a new key.

Hoping you can help me.

Cheers

Pat

Recently I came across version 4,728 and when I tried to register this version I kept getting a message saying that the registration key is invalid. After installing v4.745 I still got the same message.

You are entering something incorrectly, then. The registration system has never been changed.

I have a different email address to the one I originally used to purchase my registration key.

That's not relevant. You must use the original address, the one tied to the key. It isn't used for email in any case, it is just a form of extra identification because names alone aren't unique. It could be a street address or an National Insurance number for all it matters, providing it belongs or did belong to you. The key, name and address are all inextricably related and if that relationship fails its checks, the key is invalid.

BTW if you were already using a registered copy, you should not have needed to re-enter your registration in any case. If you did have to do this you must have deleted your KEY file. When installing updates for FSUIPC you do not have to delete anything or re-register, unless it is for a new PC.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

I have been using the free version of FSUIPC with FSXA for awhile and it has worked well. But I am getting interested in doing some custom key and button assignments for which I read that I need the registered version of FSUIPC. So I went to your site to get it, but I have a question about what I see there.

I see FSUIPC4 4.70 (B) and it says that it includes WideFS 7. Below it is a listing for WideFS 6.86

Below those, are SimMarket links to either FSUIPC or WideFS for FSX. It appears to me that you are incorporating the WideFS program into FSUIPC. So do I just need to get FSUIPC and I would then have both it and WideFS 7 ? At the moment I do not know what I would use WideFS for, but I suppose at some point in the future I might need it.

Also, if I buy the latest FSUIPC and want to install it, do I have to remove the currently installed version, which is version 4.60? I see it in the FSX Addons tab, and I can open it there, but it isn't listed in the Programs and Features section on my Win7 x 64 Home Premium OS on my PC. I would like to end up with the latest version if possible, but I also am hoping it doesn't cause problems with what I have running alongside FSX (currently FSWidgets GMap). I see in the unregistered version I have installed it says to register it, shut down FSX and re-run the installer. So can I just run the installer for 4.75, which I downloaded from the link in your FSUIPC updates thread, right over top of the installed 4.60 version?

Edited by Zoandar

I see FSUIPC4 4.70 ( B) and it says that it includes WideFS 7. Below it is a listing for WideFS 6.86

Not "WideFS" but "WideServer 7". You misread. And all that means in that the previously separate WideServer DLL, which had to be used for WideFS on FS9 and before, is built into the FSUIPC4 code for more efficiency on FSX (because FSX takes a heavier toll on the PCs capabilities).

Below those, are SimMarket links to either FSUIPC or WideFS for FSX. It appears to me that you are incorporating the WideFS program into FSUIPC. So do I just need to get FSUIPC and I would then have both it and WideFS 7 ? At the moment I do not know what I would use WideFS for, but I suppose at some point in the future I might need it.

WideFS is still an extra purchase. The Server built into FSUIPC4 is not enabled unless you have a registration key.

Also, if I buy the latest FSUIPC

You don't buy "the latest version", you only buy FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4. You are expected to always use the latest version whether you register or not, else you get no support.

do I have to remove the currently installed version, which is version 4.60?

No, never. All updates are just replacing the DLL itself, nothing else.

So can I just run the installer for 4.75, which I downloaded from the link in your FSUIPC updates thread, right over top of the installed 4.60 version?

Yes of course.

Pete

That's a really nice, and well detailed, document on installing and registering FSUIPC that came with the 4.75 installer I just used. I was able to update FSUIPC to 4.75 and register it without any problems. :) But I have a question that I suspect I know the answer to, although I'd like to verify it. Despite that I did read the whole installation PDF document, my short term memory being what it is, I accidentally forgot to run the installer as Administrator in Windows 7x64. What followed was something I have seen a few other times under Win7. Once completely finished and registration was acknowledged, the window popped up which, in short, offers to re-install the app I just installed "with the correct settings". Is that Win7's automatic way of correcting when something 'should have been' installed as administrator but was not?

It went through the second time, confirmed the installation and registration, and I'm good to go. :)

Thanks for making this really cool FSUIPC utility! Although FSX may be considered 'long dead' by Microsoft, I find incredible the amount of support, modifications, and user base which carry on through this day and for who knows how long into the future. I have had many hours of fun from it, and hope to continue for a long time. Your utility has given me the opportunity to add features I had once only dreamed of, and now with the registered copy I hope to learn how to do even more. Last night I found a nice tutorial website telling how to utilize the registered version of FSUIPC to assign keyboard keys and joystick controls to events normally inaccessible in the standard set of FSX controls. That's where I am headed now, to do just that.

Have a great day!

I accidentally forgot to run the installer as Administrator in Windows 7x64.

That never used to matter until Microsoft changed something in Windows, because installers used to automatically get elevated admin privileges in any case. But equally it doesn't matter if either you've diabled UAC (User Account Control) or avoided installing FS in "Program Files" -- it is Windows' protection of the Program Files folders which causes the problems.

What followed was something I have seen a few other times under Win7. Once completely finished and registration was acknowledged, the window popped up which, in short, offers to re-install the app I just installed "with the correct settings". Is that Win7's automatic way of correcting when something 'should have been' installed as administrator but was not?

No, it is just part of Windows' habit of mothering you, as if you didn't know what you were doing.

Regards

Pete