The simFlight Network Forums

Mousemacro for 737NGX and VRInsight CDU I

Hello Pete,everybody,

Today I wanted to make mousemacro's for the VRInsight CDU I.

However they seem not to work.

What I did :

1 Buttons and switches tab

2 Profile specific

3 Name it 737NGX

4 Create mouse macro

5 I name it : 737NGX

6 Press OK

7 I click on a CDU button with the mouse

8 I give this a nem in the green bar : eg skl1

9 Press OK

10 Back to FSUIPC

11 Press button on VRI CDU12 Select for FS Control

12 Choose skl1

13 OK

Already I tried to test it with TAB.

I can see a green bar on the CDU in FSX but nothing happens.

When pressing the button with the mouse it is working.

Did I do something wrong or is the 737NGX not compatible with mouse macros's and the VRinsight CDU I ?

Ps

This what FSUIPC.ini shows :

[MacroFiles]

1=VRI CDU I 737NGX

2=737NGX

[Profile.737NGX]

1=Boeing 737-9K2NGX KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Winglets

[buttons.737NGX]

0=P266,3,CM2:1,0

1=P266,4,CM2:2,0

2=P266,5,CM2:3,0

A 737NGX macro file has been created.

My screen res is 5040x1050 ( 3 lcd screens )

Today I wanted to make mousemacro's for the VRInsight CDU I.

You make macros for a particular aircraft or gauge, not for any specific hardware. Only when you have your library of macros do you assign as you wish to buttons, switches and keypresses.

Are you using an up-to-date version of FSUIPC4 (4.742 or 4.743)? Because there were problems with the PMDG 737NGX fixed after 4.70 was released.

7 I click on a CDU button with the mouse

8 I give this a nem in the green bar : eg skl1

9 Press OK

Already I tried to test it with TAB.

I can see a green bar on the CDU in FSX but nothing happens.

So, it seems that the CDU gauge is not susceptible to this way of doing things.

Did I do something wrong or is the 737NGX not compatible with mouse macros's and the VRinsight CDU I ?

It is nothing whatsoever to do with hardware, only whether the gauge is written in a certain way. I thought the PMDG 737NGX was mainly driven by lots off added control numbers. Have you browsed all the extensive NGX contributions in the User Contributions subforum? There's a lot of stuff there. Also the LINDA package may well be suitable.

LATER: having said that, I just scanned those entries concerned with the NGX and don't currently see any ready-made solutions. I think, also, that most CDU implementations only implement controls for the functions and LSK buttons -- you'd need, probably, to leave all of the text buttons to VRI's software, sending text keys, or program them to send the same keypresses. Maybe all of the CDU on the 737NGX is driven solely by keypresses?

This what FSUIPC.ini shows :

The content of the .mcro file is more important, though it wouldn't mean that much to me without the aircraft and at the exact same level of update as yours.

Additionally, note that with VRI devices you generally have to assign the same thing to both "Press" and "Release" or else you'll need to press each button twice.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Pete is right - the NGX CDU can be driven by a combination of controls. You cannot assign this directly but make use of lua scripting and you can assign. Either make a lua for every key (not a good idea) or use my script in the contribution section - (which you should have already, Gerard).

Hopefully LINDA will eventually support CDU I or II as a device - at the moment I have a hack but don't want to publish this as it messes in the LINDA system files and I don't want to support people to get that right.

Basically the NGX CDU can be addressed in LUA with the sequence of:

function key_press(icode)
  ipc.control(icode,4194304)
  ipc.sleep(1)
  ipc.control(icode,131072)
  ipc.sleep(1)
  ipc.control(icode,536870912)
end

and then for example:

function MN_LEGS_press()
  key_press(70184)
end

There is a code for every key.

Kosta

Got it to work !

After having read many topics about VRI and mouse macro's I found out that also CDU I needs to have a key pressed twice.

Adding the command in FSUIPC to both press and release solved it for me.

Many thanks Pete and Kosta !

When I press the R key on the CDU the hardware display shows R, but the PMDG display shows RR.

So twice the RR.

Here the macro :

And look at how you defined the r:

57=r

57.1=RX48590*X8bcc

57.2=RX48590*X8bcc

Don't you see how this is different to the others? It tells FSUIPC to call that place, X48590, twice! Why not simply define it in the same way as all the others? i.e.

57=r=RX48590*X8bcc

Pete