The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Control for COURSE REF and BAROMETER settings

I know this isn't directly related to FSUIPC but I am currently creating a LUA script that I use with FSUIPC.

I am having real problems trying to find the FSX control number for the following two things:-

• Course Reference (CRS REF) value Increase and Decrease (I wish to use a rotary encoder to adjust the CRS REF bug)
  • Barometer value Increase and Decrease (I wish to use a rotary encoder to increase and decrease the barometric pressure values - instead of using the automatic 'B' key)

I have checked the full list of FSX controls but I cannot seem to find the correct four FSX control values for the above two features. - This may be due to the fact that I don't know other names for the above (maybe they are listed as another name on the FSX controls list).

This is the list I was using: http://www.lear45project.org/uploads/3/9/9/6/399602/list_of_fsx_controls.pdf

I just wondered if someone could help me :)

Many thanks,

Bobby

I am having real problems trying to find the FSX control number for the following two things

The quickest way to find out what they are called and how numbered is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC's options, operate the control using one of the usual methods, i.e. via the panels, then look in the Log file -- found in the FSX modules folder.

If you (temporarily maybe) run FSX in windowed mode you can enable FSUIPC4's console log and see events logged in real time.

Course Reference (CRS REF) value Increase and Decrease (I wish to use a rotary encoder to adjust the CRS REF bug)

I think CRS is known as OBS in FS.

Barometer value Increase and Decrease (I wish to use a rotary encoder to increase and decrease the barometric pressure values - instead of using the automatic 'B' key)

The baro setting on the altimeter is known as "Kohlsman" in FS, after the originator of the Kollsman window in altimeters -- MS misspelled the name too!

I have checked the full list of FSX controls but I cannot seem to find the correct four FSX control values for the above two features. - This may be due to the fact that I don't know other names for the above (maybe they are listed as another name on the FSX controls list).

As I said, the quickest way to find out what they are called and how numbered is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC's options, operate the control using one of the usual methods, i.e. via the panels, then look in the Log file -- found in the FSX modules folder.

This is the list I was using: http://www.lear45pro...sx_controls.pdf

That looks like a copy of mine. If you've installed FSUIPC that list is installed for you along with FSUIPC documentation in the Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder.

Regards

Pete

Thank you so much for your reply Pete :) - As always, top support! (although isn't really directly related to FSUIPC) :) - If anyone knew though it would be you ;)

That looks like a copy of mine. If you've installed FSUIPC that list is installed for you along with FSUIPC documentation in the Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder.

It sure does look like yours Pete (I'm 99% sure its just a copy of yours lol) and I did already find the documentation PDF's on my PC but I posted the above post while at work and just wanted to reference a list of the FSX controls so anyone viewing the post could have taken a look at the list that I looked on for the controls I was asking about above :)

Once again, thank you so much for your help,

I'm off to go and play with the above controls you mentioned above :)

Cheers,

Bobby