The simFlight Network Forums
Tozzifan

No ILS data available

Hi,

I have a dual boot system (Vista64, Seven64), with two FSX installs on it

I was flying, with PMDG 747, a KIAH to EDDF flight on Vista, where I experienced known graphic glitches, so I decided to continue the flight on the more stable FSX install on Seven, copying all the necessary flightplans in their folders

in FSC, conversely to the Vista install, after loading the flightplan and connecting to GPS, in GPS window I cannot see the EDDF ILS frequencies anymore

did I do something wrong?

how can I fix it?

thanks

Hi,

unfortunately, I do not understand the problem.

Please post a screenshot here which shows the situation described by you.

This screenshot should show the GPS window and the flight plan window.

Volker

Hi,

that was not the screenshot I had expected.

However, in this case the airport databases are different.

Compare the Airport EDDF in both versions of the Airport window.

There is a difference already in the data and the file name.

Volker

...trying again .... I tried to rescan via database manager the FSX database, same outcome (I cannot really figure out what I've done or what has gone different in Vista install...)

FSC2.jpg

Hi,

are you sure that the files AF2_EDDF.BGL are identical on both OS?

Send me the file AF2_EDDF.BGL from the screenshot to my e-mail address that you find at the bottom on our website.

Volker

Volker, you got the point:

on Vista, FSC's EDDF points to a .bgl that belongs to installed Simmarket's MytrafficX 5.3 : BR2_EDDF.bgl (and ILS frequencies are there)

on Seven, FSC's EDDF uses AF2_EDDF.BGL, from an old folder where there had been a Aerosoft install; yet on Vista too there is also that - I thought - unused folder with the same identical AF2_EDDF.BGL file

so, why on Vista FSC did use the (correct) MTX's file, while on Seven did not?

I suppose I can delete the AF2_EDDF.BGL file, or do I have to do anything from inside of FSC?

Hi,

please send to my e-mail address (you can find on our Websiete) the following files:

FSCDBM_FS10.LOG of each O.S. (in the folder \SUPPORT) and the BGL files BR2_EDDF.bgl and AF2_EDDF.BGL​​.

Volker

in the meantime, I cheated a little: I move elsewhere the AF2_EDDF.BGL​​, then I let the FSC database manager rescan FSX airports, and now FSC is pointing to the MTX's EDDF with the ILS frequencies on ...