The simFlight Network Forums
Emmeth

FSC 9 and PMDG 737 NGX problem

It seems I discovered why my APP button within PMDG 737 NGX can't be activated anymore.

If I fly without plan I can catch the glide, if I use a .rte produced by FSC 9 it works fine but the APP ( approach ) button doesn't work anymore when trying to catch the glide at the correct altitude and correct ILS ID with both radio frequencies active and both course set as the NGX asks.

Anyone who use FSC 9 and PMDG 737 NGX has the same issue ?

If anyone would try a 15m very short flight from Graz to Vienna here is my .rte ( flight plan ) file produced by FSC 9 just to see if it is my fault or FSC one.

There are neither SID nor STARS , just a final quick transition to ILS 34. You will be able to activate the LOC but not the APP.

I have to say I have written this thread after around a dozen of tries using different airports, runways, etc. etc..

Thx a lot in advance

The forum doesn't allow me to upload the file but if someone is so kind to give it a try I can let him have it, just few kbs.

Hi,

because only using FSC 9 seems to inhibit the APP button.

If I fly the NGX inputting data by hand into the FMC the APP button always works. If I fly the NGX without a plan imported, the APP button always works.

Only when using imported flight plans the APP button never works.

This lead me to think that the .rte file produced and imported into NGX may have some incompatibility, even if everything else related to the plan produced by FSC works fine.

Anyone else has already tried such utilization within PMDG NGX ?

Volker, if you wanna give it a shot I can send you the .rte file to test with PMDG 737 NGX SP1

Hi,

because only using FSC 9 seems to inhibit the APP button.

If I fly the NGX inputting data by hand into the FMC the APP button always works. If I fly the NGX without a plan imported, the APP button always works.

Only when using imported flight plans the APP button never works.

This lead me to think that the .rte file produced and imported into NGX may have some incompatibility, even if everything else related to the plan produced by FSC works fine.

Anyone else has already tried such utilization within PMDG NGX ?

Volker, if you wanna give it a shot I can send you the .rte file to test with PMDG 737 NGX SP1

Do a screenshot of your panel when on the LOC before pressing the APPR button (which ARMs the approach for the G/S).

What approach are you shooting?

Which PMDG aircraft?

What is the version of the PMDG program/aircraft are you flying?

Are you loading a "saved" flight and doing the approach or are you taking off and flying the entire flight plan?

Hi,

If I fly the NGX inputting data by hand into the FMC the APP button always works. If I fly the NGX without a plan imported, the APP button always works. Only when using imported flight plans the APP button never works.

I repeat, this has nothing to do with the flight plan exported from the FSCommander.

The PMDG flight plan includes coordinates and other important information like Intersections, Fixes, Airways... about the route, but no instructions, commands, variables or constants that take in any way affect the function of switches or technical devices.

Our beta testers can not reproduce your problem.

Volker

Hi,

it seems you are right Volker.

This might be useful for others, if you load the plan exported from FSC the APP button doesn't work, but, if you force the runway ILS into the loaded plan clearing discontinuities it seems to work.

To force an ILS it is necessary to load into the FMC a specific ILS approach then it overlaps over the imported plan and once discontinuities are cleared it works.

That's a bit strange anyway because if you land on an airport without inputting any data into the FMC it works the same.

If this kind of workaround works and it seems to make the trick, it might be helpful for other FMC customers having the same " problem ".

Cheers and thanks for the quick answer

It seems I discovered why my APP button within PMDG 737 NGX can't be activated anymore.

If I fly without plan I can catch the glide, if I use a .rte produced by FSC 9 it works fine but the APP ( approach ) button doesn't work anymore when trying to catch the glide at the correct altitude and correct ILS ID with both radio frequencies active and both course set as the NGX asks.

Anyone who use FSC 9 and PMDG 737 NGX has the same issue ?

If anyone would try a 15m very short flight from Graz to Vienna here is my .rte ( flight plan ) file produced by FSC 9 just to see if it is my fault or FSC one.

There are neither SID nor STARS , just a final quick transition to ILS 34. You will be able to activate the LOC but not the APP.

I have to say I have written this thread after around a dozen of tries using different airports, runways, etc. etc..

Thx a lot in advance

The forum doesn't allow me to upload the file but if someone is so kind to give it a try I can let him have it, just few kbs.

I think what happened is a conflict caused by the SID/STARS in 3rd party route planning software (e.g. FSC9). PMDG "solved" this in SP1 by "blanking out" the SIDs and STARs from any flight plan built by 3rd party software. The 'solution' is to load your plan from FSC9 and then manually add the SID and STAR (FMC button "DEP" and "ARR") that your planning software assigned you.

Works great. Only works on PMDG 737NGX SP1 or higher.

Edited by robert mcdonald