The simFlight Network Forums

maybe a new user from woai

bosmass

I have all the woai packages and i do love them. But Mytraffic x has alot more airlines and I want to use both in my fsx. I have no idea how to do this. I found a manage airlines button but if I select an airline and un click use in my traffic then all those airlines are not used. I would like to be able to not use certain airlines that i already have in woai. There are also two airline buttons, so which one is best to use. If this is the correct place then do I have to edit over 500 airlines and countless models closing and opening countless windows. I was hoping there would be a long list and a check box next to each one. My last question is after I make the alterations do I save the file or does it save automatically and also do i have to save each time I alter an airline. I know I have more questions but I heard you customer service is the best out there but I didn't think I would need it 5 minutes after buying the program! thanks again for your help

First welcome, and yes you want to completely rewrite a giant product 5 minutes afterinstallation.

What exactly do you want to achieve? I understand that you come from WOAI which is a product based on FS8 SDK and brings aircraft models which cost a lot of CPU power since they have to be emulated by the CPU, despite having extremely simplified low polygon geometries and textures that were state of the art 10 years ago.

So what do you want to do? Do you want to use the old slow models with MyTraffic schedules? Or do you want to use the MRAI schedules compiled in 2007 with the MyTraffic planes? Or have you found an airline in WOAI that does not exist on MyTraffic?

So please describe in detail, with an example, what exactly you aim for, then I can tell you how to do it.

A while back I converted all my waoi traffic files into fsx format and they work flawlessly. I have always known about your product and the great reputation and when I saw there was a new version, I was intrigued. With woai slowing down their package releases, I decided that it may be time to get all the airlines that waoi doesn't have and your product says it offers the most airlines, which I'm sure it does. The only reason to keep woai planes is that they are beautiful in their detail and I want to keep those packages that I already have installed. I would like to deactivate the duplicate packages in your product because I already have them in woai so they all work happily together. I have a powerful computer that can run all 500 woai packages and your product so memory is not an issue yet.

A while back I converted all my waoi traffic files into fsx format and they work flawlessly. I have always known about your product and the great reputation and when I saw there was a new version, I was intrigued. With woai slowing down their package releases, I decided that it may be time to get all the airlines that waoi doesn't have and your product says it offers the most airlines, which I'm sure it does. The only reason to keep woai planes is that they are beautiful in their detail and I want to keep those packages that I already have installed. I would like to deactivate the duplicate packages in your product because I already have them in woai so they all work happily together. I have a powerful computer that can run all 500 woai packages and your product so memory is not an issue yet.

Ah, thanks now I understand. I cannot see airplanes with engines made out of 8 or 12 sided cylinders to be beauties, but you are used to them.

There is a very simple trick that will do what you want to do to 95%. Just use MyTraffic Communicator and slect to use the schedules for UT2 - this removes all those airlines that exist in UT2 - and since UT2 is the FSX update of WOAI more or less does what you want with a mouse click. If you want it more refined, you can use the MyTraffic Editor and check resp uncheck the UT2 mark of an airline you want to get or remove, run a create all files and traffic, save the database underanother name best andare done.

Is there a way of just deactivating the airlines that I have in waoi, like a checkbox or something. I saw there was a manage airlines button, what does that do exactly. I did read the manual but it's real long and not sure if I absorbed everything. How often can you use create traffic files and do you name them something different each time, or is like a complie type thing that you can run over and over? You also said that ut2 was the same as waoi, does that mean that all the waoi packages are in ut2, don't worry, I'm not buying ut2 but I was curious about that statement because I always thought they were separate. interesting

Is there a way of just deactivating the airlines that I have in waoi, like a checkbox or something. I saw there was a manage airlines button, what does that do exactly. I did read the manual but it's real long and not sure if I absorbed everything. How often can you use create traffic files and do you name them something different each time, or is like a complie type thing that you can run over and over? You also said that ut2 was the same as waoi, does that mean that all the waoi packages are in ut2, don't worry, I'm not buying ut2 but I was curious about that statement because I always thought they were separate. interesting

While this UT2=WOAI statement is a simplification,it is true in first approximation. Indeed Flight One has licensed the WOAI planes, and those WOAI does not have from MyTraffic. There are about 400 airlines which are big and flight plans exist, these are in WOAI as well as in FSLive 3 or UT2. One more here and one less there, but the big names from Lufthansa to Qantas are in there. So I expect that 95% of what you want to achieve can be done this way. If then you still have an airline twice or one missing, I recommend to set the UT2 check mark in a copy of the MyTraffic database and Create the files and traffic with the No UT2 mark set - that is the fastest way to acheive this, and not destructive case you want to change back.

MyTraffic puts all airline, charter and cargo traffic into one traffic bgl. Microsoft only supports up to 5 traffic bgls, more have never been tested by them and if you have 10 and a problem they will not help you. And having far more than 10 has led to very strange effects, while it works 95 out of 100 times I know.

Forgive me, but I am a little confused. I am thinking that I go into the manage airlines tab and then select an airline that I have in woai and uncheck the ut2 box and create a new traffic file then those airlines will use waoi package and not my traffic x? I think that's it right? I am just a little confused about what the ut2 box does but I am getting there.

FSX will use every schedule it has installed ( which is in FSX format). Just if you have more than 5 files and something does not work nobody will help you.

MyTraffic puts all airlines, charter and cargo into one file, that gets created by "Create all files and traffic". If you check the mark "No UT2"in this dialog, all the airlines marked "UT2" will not be added, so MyTraffic makes slots free for UT2/FSLive or WOAI, the resulting traffic file is smaller. Since the list of airlines marked UT2 is in first order what you will have installed, that is the best starting point and the easiest way to go.

I think that did the trick, I clicked use ut2 schedule and it seemed to work, but a few more questions, I noticed in the game that a few airlines were missing specifically air nordstrom. I see it in the manage airline list but I don't have it in the fsx and I don't have it in woai either. I am also wondering if I have to hit create all traffic to see more of the "missing" airlines or will it screw up the use ut2 schedules and can I run it over and over or just one time. Do I have to go into the airline list and check off use ut2 on the individual airlines that I don't seem to have. Once again thanks for your help, if everything goes right you will have saved me several hours of work, oh what am I saying, it would have been days of work. Can you imagine altering over 500 files and thousands of models and clicking till my hand fell off? I would pass out.

I think that did the trick, I clicked use ut2 schedule and it seemed to work, but a few more questions, I noticed in the game that a few airlines were missing specifically air nordstrom. I see it in the manage airline list but I don't have it in the fsx and I don't have it in woai either. I am also wondering if I have to hit create all traffic to see more of the "missing" airlines or will it screw up the use ut2 schedules and can I run it over and over or just one time. Do I have to go into the airline list and check off use ut2 on the individual airlines that I don't seem to have. Once again thanks for your help, if everything goes right you will have saved me several hours of work, oh what am I saying, it would have been days of work. Can you imagine altering over 500 files and thousands of models and clicking till my hand fell off? I would pass out.

That is why I don't understand those who spend hundred hours or more per year with WOAI when you just can get all with one install.

About Air Nordstrom, this does not exist in MyTraffic and I also do not find it in the JP airlines book, which is the most complete data collection about airlines ( but also contains errors, of course, like all data). So could you provide me more infor about that airline?

If you run the "Create all files and traffic" with "NO UT2" checked, you will get exactly the same result as through the communicator. If you change a few airlines to be "UT2" since you have them installed and a few "Non UT2" since you do not have them installed, the result will be different about these airlines. The philposophy of MyTraffic is that there is only ONE traffic, and every change at airport A affects another airport - and by this the world. So once you see this global approach and follow it, you can concentrate, if you want, on those details that are of importance for you and where you fly, and the rest will follow and fit to it.

Hi again, thanks for your input but I have decided to uninstall because the program is confusing to alter and I found a better option. I really am thankful for your help. There is nothing wrong with your product but with the other traffic program, I can simply uncheck an airline that I already have and it won't be used in fsx. That is what I wanted from your product but it was too much of a workaround. By the way I Air Nostrom was the airline that I was looking for, Air Nordstrom doesn't exist unless there is a department store airline company (hahah).