The simFlight Network Forums

Sensitivity to wind speeds and direction changes

Hi - any advice or help would be much appreciated:

Specs: Win7 64 bit: i7CPU; 12288 MBRAM; Direct x11;AMD Radeon HD6900 use REX2 & Ezdok; FsCommander; FSx

Have acquired the unregistered FSUIPC 4.742 of FSUIPC4.dll - this was downloaded 'automatically' with the PMDG 737NGX.

I have now developed the problem of significant changes (spikes) in altitude and air speed (can be either increases or decreases)associated with changes in direction of wind and wind speed - this occurrs intermittently but more than the old Flight sim problem. Also experience exteme winds - over 100knts when crossing the Atlantic. Even the skeleton of the aircraft has appeared when shifting fom VC to external view & not returned to the origonal state. I have read Pete Dowson's comments about the unregistered version not 'talking,' as were, to Fsx - my experience is they are arguing & its not helpful. If I click on 'all weather off' -all weather disappears.

I have unticked winds aloft, unticked weather in the FSUIPC - cleared weather; uninstalled Rex. I have no problem with purchasing & registering the FSUIPC if I thought this would help. I have no keys to register - how are these obtained if the unregistered version comes with the download as it were - I assume that the key will be released if I purchase the product?

Many thanks

Shaun

Have acquired the unregistered FSUIPC 4.742 of FSUIPC4.dll - this was downloaded 'automatically' with the PMDG 737NGX.

Really? I've no idea why, because that aircraft certainly doesn't use or need FSUIPC. I've never heard of anyone getting FSUIPC automatically with any FSX PMDG asircraft because they simply never use it.

I have now developed the problem of significant changes (spikes) in altitude and air speed (can be either increases or decreases)associated with changes in direction of wind and wind speed - this occurrs intermittently but more than the old Flight sim problem. Also experience exteme winds - over 100knts when crossing the Atlantic. Even the skeleton of the aircraft has appeared when shifting fom VC to external view & not returned to the origonal state.

Well the latter certainly sounds like a PMDG bug or mis-installation as I'm sure the weather has nothing to do with that. The rest is a function of the buggy FSX weather I'm asfraid. you'd be better off getting a decent weather control program like ASE and using its DWC (global direct weather control) mode.

I have read Pete Dowson's comments about the unregistered version not 'talking,' as were, to Fsx - my experience is they are arguing & its not helpful. If I click on 'all weather off' -all weather disappears.

With an unregistered version all that is doing is preventing FSUIPC reading weather. It is certainly never writing any weather.

I suggest you check the PMDG support forum or make reports there.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete,

Many thanks for the very prompt reply and advice.

The "Really?" part - really - cannot remember the exact wording but the latest version of FSUIPC was acquired with the download.

I see you are based around Stoke-on-Trent. Let me know if you ever consider individual tuition for which I am to happy to pay: - on the role and use of the FSUIPC (Registered and Unregistered).

Regards,

Shaun

The "Really?" part - really - cannot remember the exact wording but the latest version of FSUIPC was acquired with the download.

Sorry, I still don't understand that. Makes no sense to me. It certainly didn't happen and wasn't even mentioned when I got my copy of the NGX, nor the SP1 update.

Regards

Pete