The simFlight Network Forums

0BB2 elevators control vs. 0BB4 -> calibration/scaling?

Hi Pete and all,

I use offset 0BB2 to control the elevators. When simultaneously reading offset 0BB4 I do NOT get the same values as written in 0BB2. They seem to be scaled/calibrated in some way.

Writing 1000 into 0BB2 -> getting 500 from 0BB4.

Writing 5000 into 0BB2-> getting 2726 from 0BB4.

Writing 10000 into 0BB2-> getting 7380 from 0BB4.

Writing 15000 into 0BB2-> getting 14308 from 0BB4.

I have read some of the posts here in the forum. In the FSUIPC.INI file I found the line "AxisCalibration=No". I even manually deleted this line, but it keeps reappearing every time I start/quit FSX.

The 0BB2/0BB4 discrepancy still exists (by the way: it is exactly the same for 0BB6 and 0BB8).

What am I doing wrong? Can you help me please?

I am using the latest (registered) FSUIPC version 4.747 with FSX and Windows Vista. Installed FSUIPC just a few days ago.

Many thanks!

Philip

I use offset 0BB2 to control the elevators. When simultaneously reading offset 0BB4 I do NOT get the same values as written in 0BB2. They seem to be scaled/calibrated in some way.

Correct, as mentioned in the offsets list.

I have read some of the posts here in the forum. In the FSUIPC.INI file I found the line "AxisCalibration=No". I even manually deleted this line, but it keeps reappearing every time I start/quit FSX.

It has to be either yes or No, not indeterminate. What do you think deleting it will mean? Please look the parameter up in the Advanced User's guide so you have some idea of what you are doing. Not sure how reading posts here in the forum is relevant or helpful. documentation is the best first resort.

The 0BB2/0BB4 discrepancy still exists (by the way: it is exactly the same for 0BB6 and 0BB8).

Correct. Also as documented.

What am I doing wrong? Can you help me please?

What do you think is wrong? The readouts from FS provide the control surface deflection achieved by the input you provide. I believe the deflection value is proportional to the actual angle achieved, which is not linearly related to the input control.

Regards

Pete