The simFlight Network Forums

No flight plan can be filed for airports without runways (FAJS)

I have installed NMG Trading CC FAJS Johannesburg International Airport FSX, after running FSCDbManager and starting FSCommander.

I selected a Flight Plan FAJS - YSSY placed a route APDAK UQ48 AVAVA UZ8 RBV UQ5 GEVIS 3238S 3642S 3947S 4153S 4458S 4664S 4771S 4978S 5086S 5094S 50S01 49S09 48S17 46S24 44S31 41S37 POD ML H129 DOSEL Y59 RIVET.

The message I get after saving the Flight Plan was this:

No flight plan can be filed for airports without runways (FAJS)

On FSC9.1 (yes I have the latest version) The runways are clearly visable the route line is shown (green) all the way to destination YSSY well at least as far as the zoom allows.

I have uninstalled NMG Trading CC FAJS Johannesburg International Airport FSX but still see

johhanesburg Int (FAJS) and

Or Tambo International (FAJS) Or Tambo International (FAJS)

Rand (FAGM)

Regards

Richard

• 1 year later...

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the replay....

I'll send you the files as soon as I get back home to my computer.. Thursday or Friday......

and, - yes they are addon scenery from NMG Trading.....

https://shop.nmgtrading.com/fsx-scenery/download-version-2/nmg-king-shaka-international-airport-2012-download.html

https://shop.nmgtrading.com/fsx-scenery/download-version-2/nmg-johannesburg-international-airport-2012-download.html

https://shop.nmgtrading.com/fsx-scenery/download-version-2/nmg-cape-town-international-airport-2012-download.html

and I can tell you when I installed them as soon as I send you the other files...

regards

Richard

Hi Pacifica,

here is the answer i got from NMG Trading Support....

"Richard,

FSC is a rather buggy program... The problem is that FSC only reads airports that have been added into the FSX Scenery Library. Our older products copies the files into the SCENERY/AFRI folder, which is where some of the the default FSX files for Africa are installed. We opted for this method because it was the easiest way at the time for both us and our clients.

Our newer 2012 scenery all have it's own directories and this should solve the problem. You may want to download the old DURBAN INTERNATIONAL 2012 airport from our website here: https://shop.nmgtrad...l#.UQYicGes8s8. It is free. If this package works with FSC, then the others will too.

You can either purchase the new versions which have all the patches installed or you can copy the files of the airports you have from the SCENERY/AFRI folders into folders of their own. The files all start with the four letter ICAO code of the airport such as FAJS-*.BGL.

Kind Regards,

Nico Visagie"

Anyway, I just got back home from a trip, and won't be able to look into my litte problem probably until saturda....

I just want to mention that I don't quite agree with NMG regarding the buggy program!

regards

liketofly

I just want to mention that I don't quite agree with NMG regarding the buggy program!

regards

liketofly

Indeed, what a stupid comment from NMG. They are the one not sticking to FSX standards by going the "easy" way and placing an addon into the scenery folder without making an entry into the scenery.cfg, which is an absolute No-Go according to the FSX developers.

And to make sure that FSC doesn't miss a scenery, it reads the scenery.cfg which points to the various locations, where addons are stored, because nearly no developer uses the "Addon" folder, which was ought to be the right place for addons.

And therefore calling FSC buggy? I was suggesting to buy one or two sceneries from NMG, but after reading this, they are definitely not the company I'ld like to deal with.

Well, I managed to "repair" the NMG Scenery's I have. I installed them to a seperate NMG Folder under FSX main Dir. However, it was a littel tricky to get all the files so I installed on a seperate dummy installation on a different computer to get all the files and so on....

and mopperle:

The scenerys they are doing now are in a seperate folder, although still under FSX/Scernery/ some NMG folder..... still not the right way but so what?

The scernerys they have are not very special any way, I just needed FACT as I like to go to Cape Town, which is a beautiful City..... so if you don't buy them, well let's say you're not missing out on any technological highlight in regards to FSX scenery desigh.....

regards

liketofly