The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burkhard

First Patches for version 5.4 available

Dear friends,

the first patches are available now for version 5.4.

Please download www.fsrail.com/Patches54.exe, place it into the MyTrafficAircraftInstaller, and double click to it. Application through the Communicaor unfortunately is not possible for this patch, since it updates the Communicator itself.

Contained is:

1. MyTraffic Interactive - a new executable to prevent an issue when sending aircraft directly

2. MyTraffic Interactive - a sample file in subfolder to enforce its creation

3. Beech 1900 - model folder and congig file mismatch solved

4. Airbus A319 and A320 color of new United slightly changed to more gray belly, using same colors as 757.

5. MyTraffic Communicator enabled to do 5.4 patches.

Yes. If we change an installer during its life, we have to go through an explosion of tests to be done in between, so this will only be done case there are very serious flaws in the installation.

Hi. I did as You said above, but nothing happened. What should I see new? In comunicator in Downloads I still see Patches to version 5.3b. When I click it some download starts , but after few seconds stop a give me error message Patches 53 bat not found.

Hallo . Yes patches54_readme.txt was created. Communicator was not running when I run update. Download still ofer me Patches 53b.... Should I run update again?

Burkhard, I checked my MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder, and inside are patches54.axe, and Patches53b.exe too. Is that ok?

One more thing - Is it ok, when my My Traffic Editor is not version 5.4 ? It is 5.3.

Edited by eddiex

Yes, there was no major change to the editor this time...

Unless you do never run Patches53b.exe I see no problem, if you ever did so I would recommend to run the rebuild.bat and then patches54.exe to be sure nothing got reset to 5.3b state. But if it ain't broken don't fix - and if you do not install the patches the biggest issue will be the belly of the United A320 to look like in evening sun anyways...

Hmm. Thanx for fast reply, but now I have NO Communicator. I did exactly as You said. Rebuild - patch - [Communicator still offering Patches to 53b] - I deleted communicator. exe - run Patches54.exe again. Communicator is gone. Even shortcut in Start menu disappeared.

Hi Burkhard. Nothing worked, so I uninstalled My Traffic completely [corectly] and instaled it again. Then I downloaded Patches 54.exe fresh. I put it in MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and double clicked it. Here is Patches54.txt :

This is the list of patches applied to MyTraffic 5.4 after release.

1. MyTraffic Interactive - a new executable to prevent an issue when sending aircraft directly

2. MyTraffic Interactive - a sample file in subfolder to enforce its creation

3. Beech 1900 - model folder and congig file mismatch solved

4. Airbus A319 and A320 color of new United slightly changed to more gray belly.

There is no word about Communicator. In Your post there is point 5. MyTraffic Communicator enabled to do 5.4 patches. In my txt are only 4 points. So something must be wrong, but I have no idea what....

I will upload the latest version again on monday, maybe the server had to restore some backup, cannot test this over the weekend...

Ok. Thanx a lot. I will wait. Oh and of course - Thank You for great software My Traffic!! It is worth money I spent for it. I will have few questions later on about editor. have nice sunday. Eddie

Now I updated the Patch, a new one is on the server.

Please download www.fsrail.com/Patches54.exe, place it into the MyTrafficAircraftInstaller, and double click to it. Application through the Communicaor unfortunately is not possible for this patch, since it updates the Communicator itself.

In addition to the above list, a few airports had to be updated to support those 27 A380 delivered this year, mainly Dubai.

If you want to see these A380 flights, after you install the patch start the Communicator and select the 2011 schedules again, they get compiled using the new airport set and as example you should see the Emirates A380 now in Manchester late evening.

Hall Burkhard,

ich habe alles so gemacht wie beschrieben.

Der Communicator ist upgedatet,ich habe Patches for version 5.4 gezogen,bekam aber die Meldung

"cannot write to F:\Miccrosoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MyTraffic_Communicator.exe" und "The selected Files couldn`t get extracted".

Was tun?

Danke&Gruss

Micha

Hi Burkhard.

Something is still wrong with communicator. When I click Downloads > Patches to version 5.4, some downloading starts and then message: "cannot write to C:.....\Miccrosoft Games\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\MyTraffic_Communicator.exe" and "The selected Files couldn`t get extracted".

There is no explanation in any manual. Generaly all manuals are not really clear. Asolutely NO explanation for TOO MANY buttons and options in "Editor". I am trying to use Editor since I bought software, but without good manual it is not possible. Reading all manuals few times gets me more and more confused. They should help, but they do not at all... Examples in manual are mostly useless. Tell me who would like to have only A320 as AI traffic in FSX??? There should be better and helpfull examples. My Traffic is excelent software and giving me nice AI traffic. But any modifications are not possible by me. Not few manuals with useless informations. We need ONE CLEAR manual with ALL buttons explained. Even in forum are not too much info from users, cose nobody understand it really.

Sometimes things are too self explaining - when you get a message you cannot write to an exe file, and have this program running, it is self explaining that you have to end that program,

To get an A320 only flight plan is the same - you press "create all files and traffic", select in the following screen the A320 and press the adjacent button "For this series only" - done.

There had been a manual as you wished long ago, then the users wished to have a tutorial like with lessons to go through to be able to learn - once you go through these lessons you will find it extremely simple to use - that is the message I got. Also the schedules that come today with MyTraffic are the result of lots of work and data not available to all users - so unless you want to change in a very limited region you will have to invest a lot of work to get noticable changes among the 800 000 flights you get. And those users who want to change something typically have very different ideas what to do. So I propose you outline in a special topic what you want to achieve, then I can comment on the strategy how to get there.

It must be joke, or misunderstanding.... :mrgreen: How can I click Downloads > Patches to version 5.4, if I will close communicator?? :unsure: Next sentence: "To get an A320 only flight plan is the same - you press "create all files and traffic", select in the following screen the A320 and press the adjacent button "For this series only" - done." I understand it, but what is it for??? Is there anybody who want to see in FSX only A320, and nothing else???? Therefore I said it is useless example. Maybe somebody want it, but I dont thing so. Yes it could be usefull function, if it will ADD filles and traffic to existing, but create all files and traffic for only one plain or aerline is quite useless function. I bet nobody use it. And about manuals - what to say? Yes lot of buttons are selfexplaining, but still lot of them are not. And that is problem, cose they are not explained in manuals. It is often very frustraiting ; for example: In FAQ I select "what all things means in window xxxxxxx?" There are explained all things which I understand, but two or three things, which I dont understand are not explained. Ok Anyway have nice XMass. I will come back next year :mrgreen: and I will start new topic with my questions. Dont be afraid, I would like to do just very few changes to traffic. I am nearly totally satisfied with database as it came with software. Thanx a lot. Eddie

These functions indeed has been requested by users and are widely used. If you work on scheduling, you typically work on one airline a time. So in the verification phase you will create the schedules of this airline only, and don't have to search the needle in the haystack. Only at the end of that phase any developer will put all together.

Also there are people who want to change characteristics of the planes, add effects to them, change landing and take off performance, etc, they want to see the series only.

And since you requested to add airlines or Series, that is what the check box "Add to exisiting files" is good for...

All these little addons have been requested and proposed over the years. It may be the manual does not contain all of them since, once you got the logic behind it, they are straight forward.

Looking forward to your questions, have a nice christmas too.

Now that some users have updated their Communicators, there is the following little change:

The full download, which has to be applied manually, containing the communicator now is

http://www.fsrail.com/Patches54-1.exe

This contains all actual patches, should be downloaded by hand, placed to the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and executed from there, the Communicator may not run at that time.

From the Communicator, if it says Patches for 5.4, you download http://www.fsrail.com/Patches54.exe which then can be applied while Communicator is running.

Thanks, I corrected it. I hate all these new browsers which claim to be intelligent and do what they want, but never what I want.

Now that some users have updated their Communicators, there is the following little change:

The full download, which has to be applied manually, containing the communicator now is

This contains all actual patches, should be downloaded by hand, placed to the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder and executed from there, the Communicator may not run at that time.

From the Communicator, if it says Patches for 5.4, you download http://www.fsrail.com/Patches54.exe which then can be applied while Communicator is running.

Hi Burkhard and a Happy New Year to all. Will the patches to 5.4 also fix communicator, as one I have installed, even after installing upgrade from 5.3b to 5.4, says Upgrades to 5.3b from it's top menu where it says downloads Thanks Phil

Yes, just to replace the communicator you have to do it once by hand.