The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesyboy

Version 5.4

Some advice please. I had version 5.3b installed but recently upgraded to version 5.4. I am unable to select schedules within the communicator. I wonder if I need to delete version 5.3b in order for the new version to work properly.

Many thanks.

No, this should work as well, but in case of doubt just delete the MyTraffic folder and run the 5.4 installer again, then we know exactly what you should have without any heritage.

What exactly does happen when you select schedules? You have Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe copied from the SDK folder?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's taken me a while to get back to you. I have yet to delete and reinstal as you suggested. The problem is when I choose select schedules in My Traffic Communicator I receive the message "Cannot write to c:\Program Files (x86) Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator x\My Traffic\TDBX.exe". When I click ok to close box a further message "The selected file(s) couldn't be extracted" appears. I don't know what this means. I don't think I haveTrafficdatabasebuilder.exe. I cannot find the files on line to download this or Service Pack SP1a. I wondered if you could provide me with the links.

Also, in My Traffic Communicator in the downloads field it tells me there is a new version MTXV54 available. Yet, I have this. It still shows download for patched for version 5.3.b only.

Your help would be appreciated. It's all a mystery to me. I am not very good at the technical stuff

Look into the announcement sub-forum, there you find everything about the patches to version 5.4.

On the other question I will send you a PM.

I have a small problem! I downloaded Mytraffic X 5.4 pro and everything went awesome until i reached the mytraffic X communicator! It told me to manage my fsx.cfg in order to import the air traffic and when i clicked "manage fsx.cfg" the whole program stopped working! I usually find my solutions the internet but this time i didn't find everything! Someone here who has experienced the same? Is there anyway I can edit it manually? thx in advance =)

Does this happen even when you start the Communicator again from the start menu? Never heaered of a similar effect, but it always is a first time possible.

Does it open the new window to show the FSX.file content?