The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

MyTraffic X installation worked and once tweaked, does not work

Hi,

The title says it all and here's how I got it to NOT work!

1. Installed MTX Pro 5.4 and worked OK.

2. F1's Audio Environment reported it had found MyTrafficX and therefore installed AE's sound files to, I presumed, MTX Aircraft.

3. AI Aircraft sound didn't sound as they did when I had UT2 installed and therefore reversed the sound installation using AE's Remove Sound button.

4. To be on the safe side in case something went wrong, I invoked MTC's Configure MyTraffic\Remove Aircraft, Scenery and Schedules in MyTraffic folder.

5. Then invoked Rebuild my aircraft, scenery and schedules.

5. Started FSX to find no AI traffic.

6. Checked FSX's Scenery Library to ensure MyTraffic file which contains the scenery file is active.

7. Checked forum and reviewed pinned post entitled 'MyTraffic X installation not working - checklist.

Here's the result:

a. FSX's config file does contain an entry entitled "simobjectPaths.6= MyTraffic\aircraft

b. MyTraffic aircraft folder properties = 8.72 GB and 32,631 files in 5,853 folders !!!

c. MyTraffic scenery folder properties = 346 KB and 13 files in 0 folder !!!

If I try to use MTC's Configure MyTraffic\Manage Aircraft Configuration: Models, Exits and Strobe lights, all I get is a black window which appears for only a split second then disappears. This did work before.

Is this a case for a complete uninstall despite the fact that uninstalling is not recommended in the user manual?

Thanks to all for any thoughts.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

UPDATE

I've gone over the 'uninstall' material in the User's manual once more and decided to proceed with a full uninstall ensuring to follow related instructions and will report back.

JJ

UPDATE

I've got traffic!

Uninstallation and re-installation went well. Thanks for reading and maybe reflecting on 'how can we help this guy!'

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

I didn't really give you a fair chance! The time periods between my initial post and the two updates were rather short. I had read your recommendation to use MT's Communicator to try to fix things rather than proceed with an uninstalll. But then I also read your very well written process to follow if the user did choose to proceed to uninstall the product. Because MTC had not managed to fix the issue, I did uninstall then reinstall your product which does in fact work fine. Thank you.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques