The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

Effect of MTX Pro 5.4 installation on KSEA

Hi,

This is my second day with MTX Pro 5.4 and after reading in the User Manual that 16% AI traffic is roughly the equivalent of FSX default AI at 100%, I thought I'd visit KSEA to sample the traffic and take note of framerate hit. I was surprised to see what this screenshot reveals. This is what the entrance to Runway 34R looks like!

post-12685-0-12836100-1323490005.jpg

I tried disabling the KSEA bgl file (BR2_KSEA.BGL) in MyTraffic's Scenery file but it made no difference. In fact, this screenshot is with the BGL disabled.

I haven't tested much more than Victoria, Nanaimo, Kelowna and KSEA. There's obviously a conflict somewhere and wondering when such conflicts occur, is there a solution?

I use FTX ORBX's PNW with FSX Acc on Windows 7 64.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

I have never seen this, and if you removed BR2_KSEA.BGL then MyTraffic cannot be the reason. If you didN't, I recommend that you put it in the scenery library between addon scenery and propellor objects.

What I would do in such a case is to delete all scenery indices in the All users profile to see if the effect is gone after FSX has rebuilt them.

Hi and thank you for your quick response. After reading your response and re-examining the screenshot, I noticed that a couple of the signs are labelled 'Kelowna'. This gave me a clue and therefore deactivated the addon airport KelownaX by OryxSim. This corrected the issue. Although I did enjoy the Kelowna scenery, there's obviously something that comes into conflict with your product. I've uninstalled the OryxSim scenery and quite happy to live with ORBX's rendition as part of its Northern Rocky Mountains package.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

I suspect, although without the OryxSim scenery cannot prove, that they used Seattle as a location to "store" their signage while working out where to put it, or simply while creating the signs, and forgot to remove them.

They're clearly custom signs rather than FSX default, so contacting the developer to get the signs removed as a patch is probably the best bet.

Edit: I'e e-mailed OryxSim to ask for their advice.

Ian P.

Hi guys,

I quickly registered down here to reply to this topic :)

Here's the deal: One of the devs has indeed been testig things at the 'default' coordinates when building this scenery. I noticed the file during the beta, but didn't think much of it as I was seeing no difference at CYLW itself. I have informed the developer in question about this to prevent this in the future, and it also has been added to the beta checklist.

The file in question is ylwtaxisigntest.bgl. After removing this file it should all work fine, sorry for the inconvenience.

Take care,

Florian

Hello folks,

Thank you Ian for alerting OryxSim about the issue. This was going to be my next move which if you read on, is no longer required. Thank you Burkhard for adding an ounce of humour into the matter!

And special thanks to Florian who has communicated with me directly following Ian's alert to explain what was behind the issue and how to correct it. A true testament to OryxSim support. Finally for anyone interested and in addition to the information offered above by Florian, in his private note to me he has confirmed that a patch to KelownaX which addresses this and other improvements will be issued within the next week or so.

Best regards to all,

Jean-Jacques

If it's any consolation, I cheat. All my failed sceneries and objects just sit on "test airports" on my hard drive, which no one else will ever get to see, thankfully...

...actually that's not quite true. Anyone who has seen my modelling skills will know that most of my junk and test objects just get released as part of my airfields. :oops: :mrgreen:

Ian P.

Thanks Ian and Florian for such a superb support action on a sunday. Where I live real world, every support on a sunday costs 180€ extra...

We can always charge the customer if he/she prefers it :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, that's just how we like to do it, I know how frustrating it can be to wait for an answer from a helpdesk, therefore if a solution is quickly at hand I just get it done right away :cool: