The simFlight Network Forums

service pack 2 feedback

egntpilot

Hi Simon,

recently purchased this program and think it's fantastic. Just noticed the update for SP2 so have downloaded it and installed it. Notice you were after feedback so here it is.

For your information I hit a snag the first time I tried to install it as the installer halted saying it didn't recognise the version of makeryws that was installed and wouldn't proceed any further.

I had updated the version that came with the original download of Supertrafficboard (4.43) to the latest version from Pete Dowson's website (4.51) and it appears the installer didn't recognise the updated version. Once I'd swapped back to the older version the update went without a hitch.

It may be worth tweaking the installer so that it recognises when an updated version of the program is installed as I had problems initially compiling the airports once I'd installed Supertrafficboard . I got an error message stating an exception had occurred and the default database would be used. I have quite a lot of scenery add ons, such as orbx, fly tampa and aerosoft airports to name a few. I also have Mytraffic professional 5.4 installed as my AI.

I realised that there was an updated version of Makeryws available and after installing the new version airports complied without any problems and Supertrafficboard worked perfectly.

I have again replaced the older version with the newer version in case I need to recomile again after adding new scenery.

I haven't had time to play with the program since updating to SP2 but thought you might appreciate the heads up in case anyone else has the problem I had.

If I can help any more please ask.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Simon,

the link is http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRunways_451.zip. (the link mentions beta, but the info page doesn't mention anything about it being beta, the info page and download link are at )

I can appreciate the problems hackers and pirates can cause you as a developer, you have my sympathies, must be a nightmare trying to protect your programs.

Further update for you as I've had a play and everything is working fine at my end, spent a happy hour or so just AI spotting in FSX.

Cheers

Steve