The simFlight Network Forums

Release of MyTraffic 3D

Burkhard

After some development and longer testing, thanks to the beta testers, MyTraffic 3D will be published today at Simmarket.

MyTraffic 3D is a stand alone product based on MyTraffic X, but with full support for Prepar3D instaed of FSX. For some of the tools this meant they had to be reprogrammed, some other changes had to be made, airports adapted, schedules changed since P3D does not contain some of the planes in FSX, and some more things like creation of a new start menu, changes to the documentation, etc.

There are several products and licenses available, I try to summarize them as clear as I can.

The private license allows you to use MyTraffic together with Prepar3D on your computers for your own usage, or casual usage together with another person as long as you do not charge this person for it. This is what applies to most of us here.

The public license allows you to use MyTraffic together with Prepar3D on simulators which are used for commercial purpose and charge the users for a service that includes usage of MyTraffic, as example a commercial flight school. If you are in doubt, I'm aware there are border cases, just contact me before purchase. This public service includes increased support, including minor modifications with up to 3 hours of working time for your purpose, again if you have questions contact me. If you need the public license, there are no upgrade plans from MyTraffic for FSX.

If you already have MyTraffic X Version 5.4 installed to FSX ( or even to P3D), you only need all the new stuff, there is a special update for you available at Simmarket under

http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d-update-from-fsx-version.phtml for just 10€. I will post under another topic here how exactly I propose to do the install, it is also in the products readme but who read readmes?

If you have an older MyTraffic X version from Simmarket, and want to use the new version under FSX and P3D, I recommend you update MTX using http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtml which will give you the full MTX version 5.4 installer, and the above addition to P3D full compatibility.

If you have an older MyTraffic X version from Simmarket and have switched to P3D already fully, http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d.phtml should give you a special price for a full installer of P3D.

If you are all new, http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d.phtml also is the way to go for you.

If you have an old version of MyTraffic 2010 from Aerosoft and want to go to P3D, the crossgrade http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d.phtml will allow you to get to MTX 5.4, and http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d-update-from-fsx-version.phtml for just 10€ will add the P3D support.

• 4 weeks later...

Burkhard: thanks for that. I have the Aerosoft version My Traffic X v 5.1a.

However it is not installed in FSX.

What need I do to install and upgrade, or upgrade and install in FSX Or maybe it would be wiser to cut my losses and buy a clean download of MT 3D?

As of today that is my intention, and I consider this to be possible as long as the both sims have most in common. If P3D gets further away from FSX, the question what can be done will be considered again, I hope this will not happen, but it is out of my control.

• 2 months later...

That link contains the update from MyTraffic X 5.3 to MyTraffic X 5.4, both products for FSX. These do not contain the changes and extra files for P3D. Did I advertise this anywhere? In this case please send me a PM and I can give you access. Otherwise the update from FSX to P3D is neither free nor expensive.

Guest Dale Collins

My bad Burkhard, I misread:

"If you have an older MyTraffic X version from Simmarket, and want to use the new version under FSX and P3D, I recommend you update MTX using http://secure.simmar...fic-x-pro.phtml which will give you the full MTX version 5.4 installer, and the above addition to P3D full compatibility."

as saying that this included the 3D compaitibilty. I will purchase the upgrade.

Thanks again for your wonderful products which I have enjoyed for many years.

• 3 months later...
Guest overflow

Hi Burkhard,

following problem.

I have installed MyTraffic 2010 from Aerosoft. For working other FSX addons i use in P3D this procedere.

I can install update 5.4., i got from simmarked for 10,- €. But when i update after this to 5.4a the Commander changes from P3D configuration to FSX backward.

What can i do?

Must i pay the full version?

What exactly do you have? Please tell me the name of the installer. If you want to update vom MyTraffic 3D 5.4 to 5.4a, you have to use the update for P3D, not the one for FSX.

In another post on this small forum:

the update from MyTraffic 3D Professional 5.4 to version 5.4a is now available under

http://www.fsrail.com/MT3DU54a.zip

Guest overflow

Hi,

i have exact this file. After install in the communicator change the menu from Prepar3D.cfg etc back to FSX.cfg etc. I installed first 5.4 and it was ok. all. Then i used above update to 5.4a and have this problem now.

I think my simlinks für FSX-fake do it? But i must have for other installations.

Second, i copied the TrafficDataBaseBuilder from SDK to Myraffic. What do this? Must i copy after or before installation?

Last, my links routing the FSX.cfg to Prepar3D.cfg. The menu make the same things when shows FSX.cfg in communicator. I think so. Otherwise i must pay the new full version?

What do you mean with linking. MyTraffic 3D is too different from MyTraffic X, so you always should only install the MTX... software to FSX and the MT3D software to P3D and never mix them. Do not try to share the folder between both simulators, that will not work. Do not fake any of the programs, but install everything properly.

I'm just downloading and checking the update if it mixes anything up. Ups, you are right, that isn't the right communicator. Have to dig on my disk what happened there.

Guest overflow

You really think this question can be answered in a few hours?

How can i understand this? I have paid at Simmarket for the 2 P3D files.....

http://secure.simmar...x-version.phtml

I have MyTrafficX from Aerosoft with serial. The easy way would be a full version update with serial.

With the downloaded files from Simmarket i have not only P3D files. The old files from MyTraffic X are also in the directory.

I found the reason how a few wrong files came into the update from MT3DV54 to MT3DV54a , now I built a new update and have this in testing. Thanks for finding an issue. I will send you a PM in a minute.

Sorry, cannot send you a message since you have no account.

• 1 year later...

Burkhard couple of questions from a returning Mytraffic customer!

Just started using prepar3dv2.1 after a long absence from FSX and want to add in some traffic -

1)I already have Mytraffic 5.3b pro bought from sim market

-Can I just drop this into my prepar3d install and will it work or will I need to tweak the .cfg line?

-If I want to upgrade it to the prepar3d compatible 5.4c version will I (as a previous Mytraffic) customer receive a discounted price?

2)Are Mytraffic X lite and Mytraffic 2013 (realise this one is published by aerosoft) prepar3d compatible or do they need some manual edits to get them working (note I am already using the EMT migration tool).

3)Is the new 5.4c version likely to impact my frame rates significantly and does it now work right out of the box with P3Dv2.1 or does it need some tweaks ?

MyTraffic X 5.4c is a version for FSX

MyTraffic 3D 5.4c is a version für Prepar3D V1

A version with support for P3D is in development, but the fast release of P3D V2.1 makes part of the work I made obsolete, so I have no time estimate yet for the release of the new software.

With manual adjustment you can bring all versions to work, but besides the hints that you find here I cannot give any support nor warrenty that it will work in your case.

Neither MyTraffic Lite nor MyTraffic 2013 are supported for Prepar3D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A version with support for P3D is in development, but the fast release of P3D V2.1 makes part of the work I made obsolete, so I have no time estimate yet for the release of the new software.

And now 2.2 mentioned for release in a few weeks. Hope Wes Bard and the P3d team at LM are working with you and not making you too crazy.

Many thanks for your planned support of P3D...I think the extra work will be rewarded long term. :cool:

Very best,

Clayton

Prepar3D V2 is not yet supported by MyTraffic. If you know what you are doing you can get any version running, and you find hints how to do so here, but I cannot support V2.1 before release of a product fully tested against it. V2.0 was so buggy that it never will be supported.  

• 2 weeks later...