The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Release of MyTraffic 3D

While I was working on a Version für P3D V2, I need a stable version of it before I can restart that project, with 3 Versions in 3 months work on an addon just is impossible... Let them come to a working version first.

Hi Burkhard,

As a note of encouragement, P3D v2.2 is working for me. Do you communicate with the LM developers? I'm sure they will be as accommodating to you as they are with many other addon creators.

Best wishes,

Clayton

MyTraffic 3D 5.4 is the only MyTraffic Version supported for Prepar3D V1. Since I fight since 3 months now to get P3D V2 running on any of my PCs, without success, I'm afraid any word on P3D V2 is impossible by now, and we have to wait for LM to get a version together that installs properly, runs stable for more than 5 minutes without any addons, and does not run at one third of the frame of FSX.

Hi Burkhard,

I do not experience any of the issues you describe. I installed P3D on a clean SSD flawlessly.
FSUIPC 4.931 / FS Global Ultimate /  REX4 TD / Active Sky Next (beta 5210) and SuperTrafficBoard 3.3 are also installed and It runs for hours stably and FPS is no problem either.

Sorry to hear you are unable to run P3Dv2.x on any of your machines. So, that's it?

Best regards,

Clayton

Burkhard,

same here. I´m running also P3Dv2.2 and My traffic 4.5c is running fine with it.

It would be a pitty if you give up!!!

I strongly believe that P3D is the future of the Flightsimulation.

If P3D is the future of flight simulation, then it is a niche hobby - still the number of new FSX customers is 10 times bigger than than P3D sales....

Prepar3D v2.2 runs fine on my machine... and my machine is no way near state-of-the-art (quad core 3.10GHz, hybrid hard drive and HD6850 video card).  I ported MyTraffic 3D 5.4c over from P3D v1 per your instructions and do not have any problems.  The only quirks in the simulator is that doesn't show certain labels for AI aircraft and it swapped liveries on some AI aircraft (very strange!).  The hot fix seemed to have fixed the livery issue but the label problem is still there.  Other than that, P3D v2x runs smoother and faster than FSX and P3D v1.  I can't see myself going back.  

Hi there Burkhard, just to say I very strongly agree with Psybear, holi, and SirPres and their comments; I have built a new system using current technology mobo, processor, SSD and video card and have no problems at all running P3Dv2.2 on Win7 Pro x64. I have a dual boot system with FSX and P3Dv2.2. All I can tell you is that P3Dv2 is much smoother than FSX ever was and has better fps and significant improvements in shadows, other lighting and water reflections.

I use some FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam airports in North America and UK2000 for the UK, and all work fine. I also have ORBX scenery and those pieces that are supported in P3Dv2 work great. I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of their scenery ported including airports.

The manual transfer of MyT5.4c works just fine without the benefit of a nice UI but I overcome that very easily with use of the various batch files that are in MyT anyway. The MyT ai is also working well with the supported version of STB both on the local sim machine as well as on a laptop using the STBDS product!

To round it all out, I also use Rex4 textures and HiFi's ASN for weather injection without any problems.

So overall, no problems at all and I would really like to see a refresh of MyTraffic used in supported versions on P3Dv2.

At this point I really don't see any benefit in continuing with P3Dv1.

If you decide the develop a refresh for P3Dv2 I would be very happy to be a beta tester for you!

Thank you to those who have already given their opinion on this and thanks to anyone else who would like to chime in on this subject.

Cheers,

Mike

So if I have MyTraffic2013 (which is not supported) and P3D v2.5, what are my options (besides World of AI)?

I installed MT2013 into P3D via the Migration Tool, and edited the .cfg but still not seeing any traffic either parked or flying. I have traffic set at 100%.

Can someone that has successfully installed it in v2.5 email me? Very much appreciated!

D21airboss (at) gmail (dot) com.