The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 7 fs9 registration problem

Hey Pete,

i just bought a key for fsuipc today and installation went fine although once i open fs9 and go to the modules tab then click on fsuipc the screen says the version is still unregistered....

please help thanks

system Specs:

i just bought a key for fsuipc today and installation went fine although once i open fs9 and go to the modules tab then click on fsuipc the screen says the version is still unregistered....

What version did you install? Did you run the installer "as administrator" as instructed? Note that the latest installer installs version 3.998n. If that isn't the one you installed, try again with that.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Good day,

I have the same problem like MehdiBJafari, i run the installer as admin but nothing... When I check in FS9 modules tab the version result Unregistered!!! I bought last version today!!

Thx in advance for help!

OS Win7 Ultimate 64bit

I have the same problem like MehdiBJafari, i run the installer as admin but nothing... When I check in FS9 modules tab the version result Unregistered!!! I bought last version today!!

You didn't read the thread you are appending to? I aways need version numbers. "Last version" means nothing. State the number.

So, exactly what version did you install? Note that the latest installer installs version 3.998n. If that isn't the one you installed, try again with that. Otherwise show me the Install Log, from the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for my mistake Pete. I downloaded new version 3.998n and now the registration is ok. Thx for your prompt replay. Now I have have another problem: the screen became black in full screen mode. I have read other topics in this forum regarding same problem and i have downloaded latest video card driver ( I have GEFORCE GTX 580) but I have black screen again. If you have some suggest in this matter i will appreciate.

Thank you again for your coop.

Andrea

Now I have have another problem: the screen became black in full screen mode.

If you mean that when you use the modules menu and open FSUIPC's options then if it goes blank, it is ALWAYS a video driver problem. FSUIPC doesn't get a look in until after the dialogue is drawn as it is a standard Windows dialogue drawn by Windows before FSUIPC's code gets a look-in. If you can't find a driver which works I can only suggest that you switch to windowed mode before changing optinos, then change back. ALT + ENTER.

Regards

Pete

Hello

I too have a similar problem to the original poster.

I bought FSUIPC for FS9 some time ago and registered it.I've recently had a new W7 64bit machine and have re installed FS9 successfully.The version 3.998n has also been installed and I entered the key I had with an old email address.It says it has accepted this but on opening FS9 the FSUIPC says it is unregistered

Any ideas.I am logged on as an administrator

Chris Peel

Any ideas.I am logged on as an administrator

Being logged on as an administrator is not enough! Pretty much anyone using a PC at home is their own administrator. You must run the installer by right-clicking on the program and selecting "run as ... administrator". It gives the installer extra ("elevated") administrator privileges, enough to do its job. Please follow the instructions and it will be okay.

If you still have any problems I would need to see both the Installer log and the FSUIPC log, both from the FS Modules folder.

Pete

You seem to have to run FS9 as an administrator rather than simply click the icon to start it.

You shouldn't ever need to run FS9 "as administrator". If you do, and you are using any FSUIPC-interfacing add-ons, they will have to be run "as administrator" too.

When I do that I find the FSUIPC is correctly shown as regisistered

Without seeing the logs I cannot hazard even a guess as to what is happening on your system. I've never heard of such an occurrence.

Pete