The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

Service Pack 2A Now Available

Service Pack 2A (SP2A) is now available for SuperTrafficBoard (STB), addressing the following issues:

- Fix for Depart/Approach Now command failure described in a separate topic (only when running STB and FSX on separate computers)

- Add support for custom filters on the "All Airports" flight display,

- Fix for errors that occur when an empty UT2 user schedule is encountered.

SP2A includes all previous updates so can be installed on any computer that has STB V3, including those that already have the original STB SP2 installed. Click here for details on how to obtain STB SP2A.

If you run FSX and STB on separate computers, there's a mandatory update for STB Data Server as well (it has it's own SP2A). Click here for details on how to obtain STB-DS SP2A.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I updated to SP2a, STB reports my build as 3.1.7.3, but the radial button filters (app, dep, app/dep split, dep/app split) still do not work when all airports is selected.

Also when all airports is selected the app, dep, app/dep split, dep/app split description by the radial buttons is blacked out, you can not see any of the wording.

Rod

Would it happen if FSX is paused? I have FSX setup so it pauses when I reduce it to the desktop or start another program while FSX is running then FSX pauses, etc.

If I select an aiport while FSX is paused everything works fine, it is just when I select all airports that the filter radial buttons are inactive. In all airports with FSX paused it still displays all arrivals and departures, the radial buttons are just inactive.

I will post a screenshot sometime this evening.

Rod

Hi Rod

Sorry I didn't read your original post thorougly first time around, and your additional information gives ms the complete picture.

When looking at "All Airports", we display all the flights we know about. Here "Arrivals" and "Departures" have no meaning, we are not looking in the context of any particular airport. Therefore we disable the four controls, as clicking them would not make any difference to the information shown.

FSX being stopped is a red herring; it's the "All Airports" that dictates the behaviour.

Simon

Well I am confused then, in the first post in this thread where is states what issues SP2a addressed then what does

- Add support for custom filters on the "All Airports" flight display,

refer to?

My questions goes back to my original post

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/70217-v32-question/

that the radial buttons no longer work when all airports are selected.

Is this something that can not be changed? I swear that when selecting all airports you use to be able to select between everything, just departures or just arrivals and when you implemented the arr/dep - dep/arr split screeen option you can no longer select just departures or approaches when selecting all aiports.

Custom filters are the ones you see in the Menu Bar, under "Configure Filter" and "Activate Custom Filter". These enable you to choose to restrict the listed flights by flight type and by the COM1 AI frequence in use. Choices of "Arrivals and "Departures" are not custom.

Referring to the original post, I checked previous versions:

- V2.3 disables arrivals/departures for all airports;

- V3.1 base does also;

- V3.1 SP1 does also;

- V3.1 SP2 does also;

So I've not been able to find the behaviour you describe. Let's consider the requirement, what would you expect to happen when selecting either "Arrivals" or "Depatures" for all airports?

Simon

Well Simon, I guess then it never did that and I only think it did. Sorry for the wild goose chase!

Anyway, if it did work the way I am thinking, if you select all airports and then select the arrival radial button it would only show arrivals for all airports. Same thing for selecting the departure radial button for all airports, it would only show all departures for all airports.

I swear it used to do this, but sometimes things do not work the way you think they did!

Rod,

Your requrirement may be more subtle here. In "All Airports", every single flight you see is a departure from some airport somewhere, and likewise each flight is also an arrival heading for some airport. So in terms of the flights listed, it's the same in each case. All flights are both arrivals and departures.

What might we be able to usefully do here if the flights end up looking the same? Change the columns presented perhaps, i.e. arrival columns only or departure columns only?

Simon

That might work, I guess what I am really asking is a way to sort them so you can list all flights sorted by departure information (keyed on departure time) or list all flights sorted by arrival information (keyed on arrival time). You can do this by selecting an airport, but for some reason I thought you could do the same with all airports selected.

It is no big deal, if it never worked this way before (I have no clue why I thought it did) then don't spend a lot of time trying to get it to work now.

You can click any of the column titles to change the sort order. If the column is wide enough, you'll see a sort glyph (icon) in the title denoting it as the sort column and also the direction of the sort. That works for "All Airports" also. Does that do what you need?

Simon

That worked great and I have to wonder if that is what I was thinking about all the time! If I knew that you could select a column and have it sort I sure did not remember. It probably pays to reveiw the manual once in awhile.

Thanks for the help!

Rod