The simFlight Network Forums

No UT2 departure and arrival times with SP2A

macwino

I have installed STB from scratch on my FSX machine and my remote machine. I had previously been using SP1 and all worked fine but had rebuilt both machines and needed to do a reinstall. Since SP2A had just been released, I installed it. All is working as usual except that I can't seem to get anything except ???? in the departure and arrival Time field. Whenever I had this problem before it was because I had forgotten to Toggle transmissions to the STB server using the hot key or the Addon menu command. But this time I've been sure to use the toggle or the Addon menu command and still no times appear. Any thoughts on what might be causing this problem?

One more thought. The STB server on line is identified as 3.1.4.0. Yet the server version is shown as 3.1.7.3. This info is shown in the log at the bottom of main STB screen on the remote machine. Might this be the source of the problem?

Thanks,

Robert

One further item that might be relevant. I am using the default schedule data that came with the full UT2 installer. I have not updated this data with the payware seasonal packs, although I have updated the timezone data. This never caused any problem using SP1, but perhaps this has something to do with this current problem under SP2A.

Another thing I've noticed is that in the log at the bottom of the window, it notes how my FSX traffic sliders are set, but when it comes to UT2, it says that the weekly and daily traffic settings is N/A. They are in fact set to 100%.

The log also states that the UT2 service state is now opened.

FWIW, when I run STB on the FSX machine, I also don't get the departure and arrival times for the UT2 traffic. Since this doesn't use the data server, perhaps the problem is a setting that I forgot to set.

Robert

Hi Robert,

First of all, there are two types of STB Server

1) The STB FSX server. This plugs directly into FSX and provides various services that are not available through SimConnect. Everyone needs this no matter what their configuration is, and 3.1.4.0 is the latest version.

2) The STB Data Server. This sits outside FSX as a separate application. It does not talk to FSX at all except to get started and closed down. It's job is to serve up schedule and airport information from the FSX scenery library, using the compiled airport database (again all outside FSX). This is only required for people running STB on a seperate computer to FSX.

Reading your problem description, it sounds like UT2 is not sending the data to the right place. Can you check in STB-DS, and see what you have for "STB Computer Name (UT2)". Does it look right? If not, please correct it, click apply changes and restart FSX. If it is correct, let's make sure. Retype the name or IP address of your STB computer in this field, click apply and restart FSX.

Either way, try the "Toggle Transmissions to STB" once everything is up and running. Remember to leave things for two minutes after the UT2 AI has turned up as it takes that long for UT2 to begin sending.

Let's see where that gets us. By the way, we only know the values of the UT2 traffic sliders once UT2 tells us, and it is not telling us anything right now.

Simon

Simon, all is now working. You pointed me in the right direction. I had the computer names set incorrectly. So that others don't make the same mistake, you to set the computer name on the FSX machine to that of the Client, and the computer name on the Client machine to that of the FSX Machine. Once that was done, the times were displayed and all is now working as intended.

Thanks,

Robert