The simFlight Network Forums

PCATD FS-200 and Win 7

Good-Day

I recieved the FS-200 (Jeppesen) simulator from my previous flight school. I got it without any power cables or software/drivers. We used to run Flitepro together with the FS-200 as usual. I had a look at flypfc's normal and techinical site. I downloaded drivers, mailed them trying to get it to work on win 7. I know its way past end of life for this product and they don't support it no more but there has to some way of win 7 picking up the controls via certain drivers or software.

So any ideas...? HELP!!!

Reben

PC Specs:

i5 760

4GB ddr3 1333

500gb hdd for fsx

1gb HD5770

the basics

I recieved the FS-200 (Jeppesen) simulator from my previous flight school. I got it without any power cables or software/drivers. We used to run Flitepro together with the FS-200 as usual. I had a look at flypfc's normal and techinical site. I downloaded drivers, mailed them trying to get it to work on win 7. I know its way past end of life for this product and they don't support it no more but there has to some way of win 7 picking up the controls via certain drivers or software.

So any ideas...? HELP!!!

Sorry, I've never heard of that simulator. If it was made by PFC for Jeppesen it is quite likely that it uses a protocol specific to Jeppesen and their proprietary property. Both Elite and Jeppesen originally did such things to force their users to stick to their own software. Possibly PFC can help, but it would probably need a firmware or hardware upgrade, likely both, and it wouldn't be cheap!

Regards

Pete

HI, i already e-mailed pfc and they said its end of life, no support anymore. That makes sense but i still believe there some pc wizz who can figure something out.

Likely the easiest and maybe cheapest option is to effectively gut it and get one or more Leo Bodnar BU0836X boards or similar, and wire it all up to those. You'd then have a USB device easily programmed. The panel has no indicators or gauges, so doing it that way it would look like a joystick type device with lots of buttons in both FS and FSUIPC, so easily assigned.

Check out this 3-year old thread too:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?181630-Making-an-old-Jeppesen-FS-200-Panel-usable-for-FS2004

Regards

Pete

mmmmmmmmm ive seen that forum and i must say soldering each one i guess would take some time. Using the BU0836X boards looks a little easier but would you say that the whole console with pedals and rudders would work? And especially with fsx? Cause then i'll easily pay for one.

Basically is it problem solved even with no drivers or software for the console? Or not really?

mmmmmmmmm ive seen that forum and i must say soldering each one i guess would take some time. Using the BU0836X boards looks a little easier but would you say that the whole console with pedals and rudders would work? And especially with fsx? Cause then i'll easily pay for one.

The cost of the assorted Bodnar boards is really good for what you get. The BU0836X is sort of "top of the range" at about £50 -- but you get 32 switch inputs, 16 encoders, 8 analogue (axis) inputs and a POV. See http://www.leobodnar...oducts/BU0836X/.

I paid about £20 for a lesser card, the BU0836, which is missing the encoder inputs, but does a great job with both analogue and switch inputs. Just work out what you need -- count up switches, encoders and axes.

Basically is it problem solved even with no drivers or software for the console? Or not really?

No drivers needed for this method -- your device will look like a standard Windows HID device and you can assign things in FS directly or in a registered FSUIPC.

For more advice I'd recommend you go over to http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/. There's a lot of folks there who know a lot more ways of doing this sort of thing than I.

Regards

Pete