The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse macros and PMDG 747X

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with 18 "G-Keys" on the left hand side. I'd like to use these to trigger the LSKs on the FMC.

Whick SDK are you referring to?

Ah, sorry -- I was thinking of the PMDG 737NGX, not the 747. I don't know how you'd do it on the 747. Have you asked in the PMDG support forum?

Regards

Pete

Hi Andy, thanks for the suggestion. It's £21 to register Key2Mouse, seems a lot of money for such a simple utility. More than I'm willing to spend to solve this small problem.

Also, it looks like it would only work when the FMC is in the same position on screen at all times, and I have a habit of moving the FMC when I'm opening other panels etc.

Pete, I've scoured the PMDG forums to no avail. Looks like I'll have to live with reaching for the mouse. A shame, as the FMC is so fundamental to using the PMDG 747X

Thanks anyway.

Andy Scholes.

Hi Andy, thanks for the suggestion. It's £21 to register Key2Mouse, seems a lot of money for such a simple utility. More than I'm willing to spend to solve this small problem.

Also, it looks like it would only work when the FMC is in the same position on screen at all times, and I have a habit of moving the FMC when I'm opening other panels etc.

Recent versions of FSUIPC also include a Mouse control library in the Lua plug-in facilities. Yes, the coordinates would change if you are constantly moving the FMC, but the coordinates can at least be given as a proportion of the FS window screen dimensions. I suppose you could program a number of different positions for each action, assuming they don't overlap or encroach on other mousable spots.

With the mouse macros you created, did you experiment at all with the additional parameters you can add -- to change the flags for the actual mouse operation which are sent to the PMDG gauge? I'm afraid I cannot experiment for you as I don't have that aircraft. There are notes on this in the documentation.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I tried variations on the parameter, but no luck. I think the PMDG gauge .dll is doing something tricky with the mouse input (using the mouse event to trigger a "read the mouse hardware" function?)

I've read your documentation and I think I understand the general principles, but hacking into .lua is more than my addled cerebrum can handle.

Anyway, it's beyond me, and a minor annoyance on a wonderful addon.

Thanks for your suggestions, though, and for your excellent FSUIPC module.