The simFlight Network Forums

Black Sheep in The Family

Flapsup

Looks too short for a -8 to me, I'd say a -7, but that means it could also be a -3 and a -8 could be a -4... This is the problem - you've got both classics and NGs flying around that look next to identical and all of them have large amounts of liveries.

What it could have been is just a very slow to load livery, caused by the sim loading other things (e.g. autogen,other traffic liveries around you) and it just hadn't got there yet. The fact that the wings are there would support that theory as it would already have loaded that texture for other liveries.

Keep an eye on it and see if you can spot it again. if you can't, I'd suggest that it was probably just a one off, the aircraft is fine, but there was a loading delay.

Cheers,

Ian P.

it wont be a -400 because its got winglets, but if the sim is just really slow to load textures dosent it go grey instead of black? I get this often when going to busy airports and the parking bays also go green until it gets there...

It maybe because im doing alot of painting for 54a but i see a bunch of 737-800 textures that are not there, seems like the last 3, do you have that?

It depends on the colour of the underlying object. If an object is assigned a colour in the development package (gmax/3DSMax) then an untextured model will show that colour - for instance my church goes grey because that's the colour I assigned to the "stone" material when testing the object in FSX prior to texturing it. My "testboat01" on the other hand goes bright orange... You wouldn't miss it, but that was the entire point! As soon as the texture loads, it goes plain grey, because I never bothered making a texture for it beyond "big grey square"..

Missing textures, or if no material colour is assigned, will go highly reflective black. This also happens with faulty textures (e.g. wrong compression format) or faulty materials.

However a lot of people fly around Europe, but nobody else has reported seeing black jets on the forum... So hence we need either a tailcode or at least a time/date, location and model, to find out what it is.

Ian P.

If this happens more oftenly, I recommnd that you switch the alarm for missing textures on in the fsx.cfg. I have seen all sorts of errors loading textures case one texture was missing, so it can be a texture in the scenery or any other object missing that causes it - including a missing texture on another MyTraffic aircraft of coarse. And there can be also temporary file access problems on any disk, fixed by the file system at next boot, or whatever. Anyway lets keep the eyes open at Hamburg at miday - up to now I always was told to keep my eyes open in Hamburg at midnight :lol:

If this happens more oftenly, I recommnd that you switch the alarm for missing textures on in the fsx.cfg. I have seen all sorts of errors loading textures case one texture was missing, so it can be a texture in the scenery or any other object missing that causes it - including a missing texture on another MyTraffic aircraft of coarse. And there can be also temporary file access problems on any disk, fixed by the file system at next boot, or whatever. Anyway lets keep the eyes open at Hamburg at miday - up to now I always was told to keep my eyes open in Hamburg at midnight :lol:

I always thought it was Amsterdam that required an eagle eye at midnight. :D