The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse macro?

Hello,

I've started to build my home cockpit of the PAY2 - Piper Cheyenne.

Now i need to assign the switches for my hardware switches, so i want to use the FSUIPC Mouse macro's

I know how it works and have followed many tutorials but cant seem to create the macro's for the Aerosoft Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne.

Some switches does work but the most and the most importand ones are not.

Is here somebody that knows a solution?

Kindly regards,

Rick Winkelman

I've started to build my home cockpit of the PAY2 - Piper Cheyenne.

Now i need to assign the switches for my hardware switches, so i want to use the FSUIPC Mouse macro's

The mouse macro facility depends upon the aircraft gauges being written in C/C++ using the Microsoft gauge SDK for such. I don't know if that aircraft is old or new (or for FS9 or FSX?) but if it is quite a recent one then it is quite likely that it was not written in such a way and is therefore not amenable to mouse macro treatment.

The alternative for many recent aircraft is the use of local gauge variables (L:Vars). There is an FSUIPC control you can assign to a button or key to list those for you, and a Lua plug-in provided amongst the examples to monitor them. Using L:Var macros is often a more successful way of finding a way of controlling the switches on gauges., especially those written using XML.

But also do not overlook the standard built-in FS controls, which for standard types of gauges are still most often used. Just enable FSUIPC's event lgging, then operate the controls with the mouse and see what FS control is logged for it, if any.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the fast answer.

Is there a tutorial for using the L:vars? i'm a complete nube with the more advanced functions of fsuipc;)

i shall try the default fs controls this wednesday.

It is a rather new plane indeed, so i think it should be the newer type of programming.

Kindly regards,

Rick Winkelman

Is there a tutorial for using the L:vars? i'm a complete nube with the more advanced functions of fsuipc;)

Not a tutorial as such, but the logging and Lua plug-in I mentioned will find them for you, then putting together the macros you need is only a matter of following a format. There are plenty of other aircraft examples which should help you over in the User Contributions subform.

Regards

Pete

]