The simFlight Network Forums

Different .ini selected in FSX.cfg

Hi Pete,

Does it exists in FSUIPC4, like it was in FS9/FSUIPC 3.xxx, the possibility to select different FSUIPC4.ini in FSX.cfg with :

[FSUIPC]

ControlName= <name> (where <name> gives a reference to <name>.ini in FSX\Modules)

I know that we have the possibility to run any "fsx-name.exe" which launch "fsx-name.cfg" and "FSUIPC4-name.ini", but I would use EZCA (which can't start if fsx.exe is not exactly fsx.exe) and different .ini for FSUIPC4 (it is very useful if we have different hardware configuration : joystick + rudder + throttle or yoke + rudder or yoke + rudder + 2 quadrant ..etc )

Anyway, I have one solution : .bat file which replaces on demand the right fsx.cfg and right FSUIPC4.ini :-)

Please excuse my poor english syntax (I'm an old French fart :-))

And thanks again for this marvelous add-on and your dedicated job about it.

Pierre LFBE

Does it exists in FSUIPC4, like it was in FS9/FSUIPC 3.xxx, the possibility to select different FSUIPC4.ini in FSX.cfg ...

No, sorry.

I know that we have the possibility to run any "fsx-name.exe" which launch "fsx-name.cfg" and "FSUIPC4-name.ini", but I would use EZCA (which can't start if fsx.exe is not exactly fsx.exe) and different .ini for FSUIPC4 (it is very useful if we have different hardware configuration : joystick + rudder + throttle or yoke + rudder or yoke + rudder + 2 quadrant ..etc )

All that can be done in a much more sensible and flexible way by using Profiles. Axis and button assignments, calibrations, and so on -- everything you are likely to want differently for different aircraft types -- can be accommodated in one INI and one FSX session, automatically changing over to suit the aircraft you load. That's without reloading FS to change types, and without all the compications of renaming files and multiple settings in separate INI files.

This is why I did not implemet the multiple INI facility you mention. In fact it is completely redundant in FSUIPC3 as well because that supports the same Profile facilities.

Regards

Pete