FSUIPC and ELITE King Air Throttle Quadrant

ah now i think what i did wrong i have to use the code from yesterday:

function throttle1(offset, val)
ipc.control(66420,val)
end
function throttle2(offset, val)
ipc.control(66423,val)
end

event.intercept(0x089A, "SW", "throttle1")
event.intercept(0x0932, "SW", "throttle2")
[/CODE]

Then i as i in first place just wanted to assigne to all planes i know i can do it as specific but mabe later

so i made a calibration by manualy edit the ini file

to this:

[CODE]
[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=No
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
Throttle1=-4096,-512,512,16380
Throttle2=-4096,-512,512,16380
[/CODE]

I used the rage you gave yesterday -4096 and now vola it seems to work when my device idle the plane does that to and revers as it should :-)

well i did read it yesterday, but i must say i might said assigning i mean how i could calibrate when FSuipc dosent se the device,

Oh dear. FSUIPC's calibration never has and still does not know anything about 'devices'. It intercepts the controls which FS uses internally to operate the control surfaces. FSUIPC's calibration knows nothing about where the values came from -- it doesn't care. If you send FS controls to operate the surfaces, as you are doing, then those controls look the same internally to those which FS or FSUIPC assignments would make to the same controls.

Regards

Pete

is it in FSUIPC ini file it should get the calibration or in the lua file ? I can´t see what you want me to do, to get it control as it should. as all the time i sendt wrong data and is assignments... and i see now after some testing as now the device does respond to my controls when A/T is on... so it´s a no go.. dam i dont know how to and where to do it any longer im runnig out ...

is it in FSUIPC ini file it should get the calibration or in the lua file ? I can´t see what you want me to do, to get it control as it should.

I thought you said you got it working, here:

I used the rage you gave yesterday -4096 and now vola it seems to work when my device idle the plane does that to and revers as it should :smile:

Now you say:

as all the time i sendt wrong data and is assignments

So I am completely lost, again!

... and i see now after some testing as now the device does respond to my controls when A/T is on... so it´s a no go.

Duh! The point of A/T is to control throttles for you. That's what it is supposed to do!

. dam i dont know how to and where to do it any longer im runnig out ...

This thread is so insanely confused, with no straight information in any part, I'm not surprised. I really have no idea what you've got going on there. I try to help, but you contradict yourself so often I dfon't know what is what, at all. sorry.

I think it would be better you throw that junk away and buy a cheap joystick for now. Otherwise, bring it over here to my house and we'll work it out properly. I can't really continue to work like this.

Regards

Pete

ok lets get the things straight. what i saw yesterday was that it only worked as told whit out reverse whit the code below and i noticed that when im in the air i have no problem enable the AP and A/T futher more whit A/T on i could move my throttle leaver whit out giving interface, you se that is as it should be:

if val < 0 then val = 0
end
val = (val * 2) - 16384
ipc.control(66420,val)
end
if val < 0 then val = 0
end
val = (val * 2) - 16384
ipc.control(66423,val)
end
[/CODE]

today i said it worked whit:

[CODE]
ipc.control(66420,val)
end
ipc.control(66423,val)
end
[/CODE]

and Calibrated as told before... and it worked on the ground as it should but when i get in the air i got problems to engage A/T and saw if i move the throttle leaver it overwrites the A/T it is the difference and seems to cause the problem when i should engage the A/T and SPD...as it disconect imidiatly again first afer several times it worked...

So thats Where the problem is located... hope that clears why i say it worked as it did but whit some testing in the air i found the down side

when i get in the air i got problems to engage A/T and saw if i move the throttle leaver it overwrites the A/T

If you move the throttles whilst using A/T it should disconnect the A/T. Is that what you mean-- it is affecting the A/T but not disconnecting as it should?

If you don't want it to disconnect the A/T, then you'd need to disconnect the throttles instead when on A/T. There's an FSUIPC control you can assign for that.

Pete

Disconnect the throttles when A/T is on....yes i think thats what i need, but does it works when its for the NGX.? i just dont understand how it could be thatt if we give it the codes from yesterday:

if val < 0 then val = 0

then the device dosent respond when A/T is on as it should. when they are removed in order to get the reverser range on it works different. but is that becaus we use the reverser axis thats not supported in FSX?

Disconnect the throttles when A/T is on....yes i think thats what i need, but does it works when its for the NGX.?

Normally FS disconnects throttles when the A/T is on. PMDG implemented it more accurately, with the A/T automatically cutting out if you move the throttles very much. I thinkk you can adjust the sensitivity for that (but I'm not sure). If you really want it to operate like FS's A/T and ignore the throttle input then you have to tell FSUIPC to stop sending the throttle values.

There is an FSUIPC control to do that for you -- but you'd have to program it on a button or key and remember to press it before waggling your throtles with the A/T engaged. Personally I would have thought it better if you simply left the throttles alone whilst the A/T is engaged. Why don't you do that?

Since you are using Lua plug-ins to send the throttle values to FS you could modify those plug-ins too, to test if A/T is engaged and not send the control if so. However, I don't know how to test PMDGs A/T. they don't use the FS one, so you'd need to find out how to read it. It might be an L:Var.

i just dont understand how it could be thatt if we give it the codes from yesterday:

if val < 0 then val = 0 then the device dosent respond when A/T is on as it should.

I'm not sure you are correct about what "should" happen or not, but the difference is not in the Lua but whether you calibrate with a reverse zone or not calibrate at all, like before. If you calibrate in FSUIPC then it converts the AXIS controls to the older type FS controls which support reversers. If you don't calibrate, or calibrate with NRZ set (No Reverse Zone) and "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes" then it doesn't change them.

Evidently the PMDG aircraft does different things from AXIS controls to the ones with reverser zones, but which action is truly correct is debatable.

Pete

About:

There is an FSUIPC control to do that for you -- but you'd have to program it on a button or key and remember to press it before waggling your throtles with the A/T engaged. Personally I would have thought it better if you simply left the throttles alone whilst the A/T is engaged. Why don't you do that?

Well i also dont move them as why, im more pointing at it have seemed to give problems when i try enable the A/T and spd buttons when it is so as yesterday i had no problem enable A/T and SPD... whit the other setting where it locks, as it seems before it gets to the zone A/T wants them it times out or something like that..

Edit:

Well i made a small test whit a device that could be assigned via FSX own setting and FSUIPC and i discovered that if i set throtle 1 and 2 in FSX the interface when A/T is on stops so i cant move the throttles if i try do the same whit FSUIPC and use the send to FS as normal AXIS it works different should that be the same as when i set it in FSX ?? as then it works like whit the elite device i event delted my ini file to make sure nothing was left behind..

Well i also dont move them as why, im more pointing at it have seemed to give problems when i try enable the A/T and spd buttons when it is so as yesterday i had no problem enable A/T and SPD... whit the other setting where it locks, as it seems before it gets to the zone A/T wants them it times out or something like that..

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to work out what you are saying there. Could you express it differently?

Well i made a small test whit a device that could be assigned via FSX own setting and FSUIPC and i discovered that if i set throtle 1 and 2 in FSX the interface when A/T is on stops so i cant move the throttles if i try do the same whit FSUIPC and use the send to FS as normal AXIS it works different should that be the same as when i set it in FSX ?

Yes, but only because FSUIPC uses the controls which provide a reverse zone. FS does not. I've told you this several times, please do refer back.

If you want a reverse zone on the throttles then the controls which have to be sent are different, and those are the ones you don't like because of the auto-throttle interaction. I've told you what the possible solutions are. In summary:

Don't use reverser throttles -- use a button programmed for "throttle decr" instead (like pressing F2),

OR have reversers but park the throttles somewhere where they don't interfere when using A/T,

OR program a button to use the throttle disconnection control, and use that when setting A/T,

OR find a way to detect A/T on the PMDG so it can be programmed in the Lua.

That's all.

Pete

Pete i know FSX dosent have reverse axis... But for the test i used no reverse, just default input and it makes same problem as whit the lua

FSUIPC doesn't change the control being sent in the assignment UNLESS you have it calibrated. I've already explained this. Assigning in FSUIPC to the FS axis throttleN set controls will be identical to assigning in FS UNLESS you have calibration se for it. If you have clibration set, then check the NRZ option and have "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=yes". Then you can calibrate AND have Axis controls, like FSX, but with no reverse zone.

I have explained this time and again. I'm not going to answer any more unless you read what I say. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

I think you miss understand me...by the way let it stop there...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oki i found that it must be L:ngx_switch_380_a that indicats when A/T is in use as by pressing the 3 buttons in the air gave this code as just using the L:ngx_MCP_ATArm would only show if A/T button is pressed or not...

so you say i could Build that in to the Lua ?

ipc.control(66420,val)
ipc.control(66423,val)
[/CODE]

------------------

Oki i found that it must be L:ngx_switch_380_a that indicats when A/T is in use

Okay. So what value does it have? 0 when off, 1 (or anything non-zero) when on?

so you say i could Build that in to the Lua ?

Try this (assuming that variable is 0 when off) [bTW you seem you have lost some "end"s in your Lua above).

if ipc.readLvar("ngx_switch_380_a") == 0 then
ipc.control(66420,val)
end
end

if ipc.readLvar("ngx_switch_380_a") == 0 then
ipc.control(66423,val)
end
end

[/CODE]

Regards

Pete

Thanks pete now it´s time to test i modifyeid it, as ngx_switch_380_a and L:ngx_MCP_ATArm does the same so it have the limit that when A/T is on throttles are locked but is a small think as i tryeid some of the other but diden´t work so this is it realy hope there is no problems then it a good news for NGX fans whit this device... I think i would try work whit the J41 but i dont know how good it could be if ever posible but now i know some of the basic...Thanks pete ;-)

if ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_MCP_ATArm") == 0 then
ipc.control(66420,val)
end
end

if ipc.readLvar("L:ngx_MCP_ATArm") == 0 then
ipc.control(66423,val)
end
end

[/CODE]