The simFlight Network Forums

Airbus X Throttle Calibration (CH Throttle Quadrant)

Hello @ all!

I assigned and configured all my Joystick and Throttle Quadrant axis correct and they are working fine on all my aircrafts except Airbus X.

So, what is wrong?

I found an documentation in the aerosoft forum, where a airbus x specific fsuipc profile is created and on the axis assigment "Send to FS as normal axis" is selcted. But for this I have to assign the throttles in FSX itself and than I have a double assignment of the throttles on all my ohter aircrafts which using fsuipc internal callibration.

I assigned and configured all my Joystick and Throttle Quadrant axis correct and they are working fine on all my aircrafts except Airbus X.

Assuming you are calibrating using the NRZ option ("no reverse zone", it probably likes only Axis controls to be sent. Please look up "UseAxisControlsForNRZ" in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide.

I found an documentation in the aerosoft forum, where a airbus x specific fsuipc profile is created and on the axis assigment "Send to FS as normal axis" is selcted. But for this I have to assign the throttles in FSX itself ...

No, that is absolutely not true! How have you misunderstood that so badly? Why would I bother providing an option to assign in FSUIPC if it meant you had to assign in FSX as well? Can't you see that makes no sense?

If you assign in FSUIPC you must NOT also assign in FSX. "Send to FS as a normal axis" just means what it says, it uses normal axis controls sent to FS ad then intercepted by FSUIPC if you are calibrating.. The "direct to FSUIPC calibration" instead bypasses FSX and calibrates first. It's more efficient but it can defeat some add-ons.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for you describtion Pete.

One more question:

When I assign axis to "Send to FS as a normal axis", where do I configure the nullzones? I understood this option is bypassing any FSUIPC calibration but when I bypass FSUIPC calibration and no axis are asigned in FSX itself, where do I calibrate this axis?

Another point is I think, I don't understand the UseAxisControlsForNRZ function.

The airbus has an reverser and my throttles too. So, would the reverseres working when I set this option?

When I assign axis to "Send to FS as a normal axis", where do I configure the nullzones? I understood this option is bypassing any FSUIPC calibration

No, no ,no. You are still confused. Sending to FS as a norrmal axis does NOT bypass FSUIPC calibration. The calibration is optional no matter HOW you assign. They are two different things. You can assign how you like and calibrate how you like. I honestly don't know how you got yourself so confused! All this is surely clear from the User Guide? Where is all this misunderstanding coming from?

Another point is I think, I don't understand the UseAxisControlsForNRZ function.

The airbus has an reverser and my throttles too. So, would the reverseres working when I set this option?

First off, just setting that option (UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes) will not change anything unless you select the NRZ option in the calibration.

Second, any add-on that can only use the standard FS axis controls for throttle cannot have reversers controlled by such an axis, because the complete axis range, from -16384 to +16383 only provides forward thrust settings -- the idle is at -16384.

As far as I know, the add-on Airbus reversers cannot be operated by a reverse zone on a throttle axis. I don't have or use any Airbus, but this is what people say. You probably have to program something to send Throttle decrement contros, like pressing F2.

Regards

Pete

Thnak you Pete for your good support!

Now, it is more clear for me.

But a little thing, which is interesting:

With axis assigned in fsuipc and send direct to fsuipc calibration, the airbus x reverser is working but not the normal throttle zone :)

With axis assigned in fsuipc and send direct to fsuipc calibration, the airbus x reverser is working but not the normal throttle zone :)

Must be something to do with their implementation. Sounds like they don't stop the reversing capability of "ThrottleN_Set" controls, even though they override the forward settings for the different thrust modes used in Airbus.

But it does bode well for a separate axis assigned to the "Reverser" facility listed for Direct to FSUIPC assignment.

Regards

Pete

So, after many hours of trying to bring the ch throttle quadrant in airbus x running I can say absolutly no chance!

I tried all possibities > no chance!

It works only when using throttle without reverser and only when it configured in FSX.

So under the line, use of ch throttle quadrant for airbus X is not possible.

So, after many hours of trying to bring the ch throttle quadrant in airbus x running I can say absolutly no chance!

I tried all possibities > no chance!

It works only when using throttle without reverser and only when it configured in FSX.

I don't actually believe all of that. Yes, configuring it in FSX will never give you a reverser in any case. FSX doesn't support reverser axes. But assigning in FSX is identical to assigning in FSUIPC to the "Axis throttle" comtrols, in the normal FS controls drop down list, except that this bypasses FSX's sensitivity and dead zone sliders.

Regards

Pete