The simFlight Network Forums

FSDT Hawaii problems with 5.4

Thorsten42

Hi fellow pilots,

I just thought it would be nice to fly around Hawaii this Winter so bought the Hawaiian Airports + Honolulu from FSDT. But it looks like that there are some problems with MyTraffic 5.4 up there cause on a regular base I get CTDs while loading flights there. Deactivating MyTraffic in the Scenery Library helps but thats in no way a solution I can live with ;)

So question is: anybody else out there using FSDT airports especially Hawaii stuff and having problems with MyTraffic 5.4 active? The FSDT forums show some reports from other users but support team always pointing in to AI traffic.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers

Thorsten

No idea, but since this is the second time they make work for me this week I should send them a bill...

They bypass FSX a lot and do many things with home brewn software as far as I can tell. Most likely they are not able to support the sheer amount of traffic MyTraffic brings, so I recommend you test again with 0% traffic density, and if that causes no crashes slowly increase and then tell us how small their internal buffers are...

Hi Burkhard,

thanks for your fast reply. You could be right for sure ;) Other threads in the FSDT forum lead into the same direction. I will play around with the settings and post my findings. By default I'm running at 75% traffic and fine with this on all other payware airports I have installed at the moment.

Thanks and Cheers

Thorsten

Hi,

did some more testing.

Test scenario: Load a flight with default C172 at PHKO (from Hawaiian Airports Vol2) with day/summer settings.

PHKO choosen as I get a reproducible CTD with higher setting.

I did several config tests in the traffics tab. My default is 75% for Airline and GA and Road/Ships/Leisure Boats set to 20%. Airport Vehicle Density: None

When going done with the sliders to 25% percent for Airline and GA I can load PHKO without problems giving me 4 airliners and 3 GA on the positions.

Other Hawaiian airports can go much higher in settings. I will post the same findings in the FSDT forums, too.

Cheers

Thorsten