The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
captainc

PACOTS not correctly saving in FSC

Hi Guys I was wondering if some one can help me out here. I run FS9.1 on a win7 OS. I have FSC running over my network. My problems it with the PACOTs site. I have the correct site and it is in FSC.

https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/advancedNotamMapAction.do

My problems begins when I save the webpage. I have try all available formats of “save” according to the oher post I have read as but this is what I get when I reload the page from with FSC database folder. (see attachment)

When I load FSC, the dropdown menu under tracks has the Pacots gosted therefore I cannot select any tracks.

Is there something that I am not doing correctly a setting I need to change?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

FSC.doc

Hi Craig,

Your link to PACOT site seems to be wrong. Try the following: https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/noticesAction.do?queryType=PACIFICTRACKS&formatType=ICAO

Don´t klick onto the link; copy and paste it either into the browsers address-bar or into the FSC, Window, Options, Downloads.

See the screenshot below.

pacot_1.jpg

Best regards

Michael

Hey Mike

Thanks for the quick reply but I am still having problems saving with the correct format of that page. Due to some active X problem it will not load the page correctly. When I load the tracks from with in FSC it locks up the programme and will not load the tracks at all. i am getting a warning that internet explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or activeX controls that could access your computer click here for details.

How to you save your page within the database folder?

Hi Craig,

are you sure that you have version 9.1 installed of FSCommander?

Do you have read the manual chapter 16, NATracks PACOTs page 97/98 and you looked at the screenshots?

Why you have using the Explorer outside of the FSCommander to download the Pacot's?

Volker

Hi Volker

I forgot to mention that I run 8.6 no need for 9.1 unless i move over to FSX. All I can say is that once the page is saved in my database folder when i try to open it with out FSC running i do not get the correct page fully loaded if that makes sence. I can see the txt where the tracks are but this will still freeze FSC when i load the tracks. I will relook at the manual later tonight.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig,

as I expected, FSC86. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem.

The FAA has the data structure for the Pacot's changed. The FSC86 is no longer supported since fall 2010.

Regards,

Volker