The simFlight Network Forums

Still have United "pink bellies"

billgustaf

Good Day,

I downloaded the two patches for version 5.4 and executed them in order, in the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder as directed. I then reloaded the aircraft and schedules from the Communicator. However I am seeing that the United 737 models still have pink undersides. Did I do something incorrectly? Communicator will let me update patches from the Patches for 5.4 button. BTW I really like this program, and just recently moved to 5.4 from, 5.3! I am running an I5-750 and it is great on my rig.

Thanks,

BillG

I noticed all my texture folders for ALL aircraft have the same date as my initial install. Yet te communicator does have the patches to 5.4 under the download tab. Should I use the communicator option to remove aircraft, scenery and schedules from the MyTraffic folder, and then run the rebuild option that is just after it? Thanks,

Bill G

The folder should not change by just changing a file in it that keeps its name. What is the date of the files in A319MX\texture.My104? Last changed shouldbne Nov. 27th for the patched ones.

If the update did not work this usually has to do with insufficient user rights. So either delete the files in the above folder abd 169 in the A320 folder and run the patch again by double clicking to it, or unpack elsewhere and move by hand.

Thanks for the info. I confirmed I have the texture files dated as you advised for the update. I have confirmed that a model 737-500 for United does has the pink underside (at least for me). The side numbers were N14601, and N14604. Thanks for all your help. I may just comment out this livery unless a fix is indicated in the future. Regards

Bill G

Hi Burkhard,

I noticed all 737 textures for the United (new) and Continental had the pink hue on the underside. This was quite noticeably different than the 757's. I compared them using a painting program. I am a novice at this but made changes to the 1024 bit textures for these paints and they look OK now. I suspect I need to keep backups of these textures in case I have to reload. These will suffice for my needs, and perhaps a future release may have some redo's. I fly out of Houston KIAH and Denver a lot so perhaps noticed these liveries whereas maybe others did not. All in all I am quite happy with 5.4 having recently upgraded to it from the 5.3 version. Thanks for all your great work for our hobby!

Bill G